"Meet The Mormons" a major victory for Satan - Nelson

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Re: "Meet The Mormons" a major victory for Satan - Nelson

Post by _SteelHead »

The mental gymnastics going on at the other board are amazing.
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_Flaming Meaux
_Emeritus

Post by _Flaming Meaux »

SteelHead wrote:The mental gymnastics going on at the other board are amazing.

Oh my God. I just went over there. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe a bit of both, followed by some brain bleach.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

In a Deseret News article lauding the exhortations of Nelson about the name of the Church, they publish a number of carefully curated Twitter responses. Like this one from Areanne Collins...
We are not Mormons.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... ction.html

"I'm A Mormon" has instantly become "I'm Not A Mormon".

In fact, Nelson is saying:
Meet The Mormons = Meet The Satanists
I'm A Mormon = I'm A Satanist

Church members have been active Satanists for decades, claims Nelson.

Staggering.

Note: The website for Meet The Mormons Satanists is still up and running. I wonder how the Mormons Satanists featured now feel about their participation in promoting a victory for Satan?

The complete U-Turn by the Church on the name 'Mormon', from something to be embraced and promoted, to something to be shunned and Satanised, is staggering to behold. Members of the Church will swallow whole anything and everything the President says, even if it completely contradicts what he said, and they swallowed whole, yesterday. I think you can see the same trait of embraced-to-shunned in how members treat those whose belief in the Church changes.

From the articles comments section:
I guess I'm confused. Now the term "Mormon" offends the prophet and God? How come it didn't offend God or President Monson? He approved the budget to make, advertise and show the "Meet the Mormons" movie a few years ago.
It's a very good question.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Back before 'Mormon' = Satan

Church leaders greenlighted "Meet the Mormons" without a script and without knowing which members would represent the faith in the film. The First Presidency only asked Treu to create a sample trailer of what the film would look and feel like.

He spent a day each with families on four continents. When leaders approved the film, he asked them if they had direction about who, what and where he should shoot.

They left that to him.

"Their only charge was to be authentic and real," he said.

One of the two leaders most involved in overseeing the film was Elder David A. Bednar of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, who gave a widely shared talk at BYU's Education Week in August in which he said church members should engage in social media but be sure their messages are "truthful, honest, and accurate."

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... mbers.html

Bednar was working for Satan, according to Nelson. As was Jeff...
"We want as many people as possible to see this film," said Elder Jeffery R. Holland, a member of the church's Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, in a September video directed at church members. "As with any theatrical film, our success will depend on box-office performance during the opening weekend. How long the film will be available in theaters will depend on that." Holland then recommends that followers share the trailer on social media, request that local theaters play the film, or even "buy out a showing for a group."

https://www.cityweekly.net/BuzzBlog/arc ... on-members

Nelson has branded himself and his Apostolic colleagues as unwitting Satanists. You simply couldn't have made this up.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Flaming Meaux wrote:
SteelHead wrote:The mental gymnastics going on at the other board are amazing.

Oh my God. I just went over there. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. Maybe a bit of both, followed by some brain bleach.

You mean "Satans Dialogue & Discussion" board?
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

I have a question wrote:So...the Church has been facilitating a decades-long victory for Satan through its own choir....have I got that right?

It shall be know as Satan's Victorious Tabernacle Choir.
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

You're a dead man, Tommy. No more Mormon!

I'll always be a Mormon, Russell.

No, Tommy. You and Gordon were victories for Satan.

President NelSatan

The Church of SATAN of Latter-day Aints
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

General Authorities of

The Church of Satan

jesus christ
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Newsroom: 'I'm a Mormon' Campaign

Newsroom wrote:The Church's national media campaign called “I’m a Mormon” (launched in 2010) included television spots, billboards, and ads on buses and on the Internet. The ads give a glimpse into the lives of Latter-day Saints from all over the world and refer people to the Mormon.org website, where they can read the profiles of tens of thousands of Mormons, chat live with representatives who will answer questions about the faith and watch dozens of videos about members of the Church.