It is currently Mon Nov 11, 2019 10:04 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28
 Post subject: Re: Sam Young's Excommunication Notice
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:39 pm 
God

I’m almost tempted to think that this change is about protecting bishops, not children.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

Post subject: Re: Sam Young's Excommunication Notice
PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:30 pm 
God

For those who are unaware, the movement formerly known as Protect LDS Children is now Protect Every Child. Sam Young and company have spent the summer climbing mountains across the U.S. and around the world to unfurl banners for the PEC movement to raise awareness of the movement and it's issues. Sam himself summited Mt. Kilimanjaro this summer. Yes, you read that right.

Here's the latest on the upcoming Children's March in Salt Lake City scheduled for this October. If you are in the area, please consider registering and attending the march on October 5, 2019, beginning at 9 a.m. Details should be at the registration link provided below.

Protect Every Child
1 hr ·

Walk away Sam. Just walk away." So said the stake president a week before the hunger strike.

"Run away Sam. Just run away." So said my inner-voice today.

The days before the march are winnowing away. Months of planning, climbing, permitting, contracting and a ton of work behind the scenes are all coming to a head. Soon, until Oct 5th, the march will be my full time occupation.

This afternoon, I had a serious bout of stomach knots and nausea in the throat. I know what that means. In no uncertain terms, my body is letting me know that part of me wants to bolt, to run fast & far away. Of course, it's way too late for that.

Fortunately, what drives me has not run away. All the damage that has been done to children. Now grown, many of them are now my friends. I still get angry when I think of how child sex abuse is so commonly swept under the rug. Just typing this replaces the knots with outrage and indignation. How can this be tolerated any longer!!!

Anger is scary to many. It's an emotion that was condemned by my former church. I love St. Augustine's take: “Hope has two beautiful daughters; their names are Anger and Courage. Anger at the way things are, and Courage to see that they do not remain as they are.”

So, if I ever come across as angry, please know that it's an outward manifestation of my hope that we are making a big difference in the lives of children.

Now, please help me get 5,000 people to the march.

https://events.r20.constantcontact.com/ ... KHb_F_ISy4

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 569 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28