It?????s the Church of Jesus Christ Gawd Damit

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: It’s the Church of Jesus Christ Gawd Damit

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

As always the best memes are coming out of r/exmormon:

eta: Oh my god the lulz:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Lol at the title of this thread. Don’t know how I missed it earlier. I just scrolled through on my phone and chuckled.
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

SteelHead wrote:Up next - the new "I'm not a Mormon" media blitz.

Spend millions and millions of dollars on the "I'm a Mormon" media campaign. These guys are lucky they don't have actual stock holders.

Jesus just can't make up his mind so keeps wasting tithe dollars.
I never thought of this...I am so laughing!!!

by the way: I am now an ex member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...man, what a mouthful that is. :rolleyes:
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

candygal wrote:

by the way: I am now an ex member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints...man, what a mouthful that is. :rolleyes:

Did you deny the Holy Ghost? I did more than that, I kicked him in the rear, choked him by the throat, and threw him out the door.

I killed Holy Ghost!

I deserve a medal.

:biggrin:
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Actually this rebranding is a complete U-Turn of the last decade or so. When the Church ran a strategy of actively and specifically utilising the term ‘Mormon’ to brand itself - I’m A Mormon, Mormon Newsroom, The Mormon Channel, Meet The Mormons, Mormons And Gays, Mormon.org etc.

Is that an admission that the Mormon branding strategy has been a failure? Did the Brethren not pray before going down the road of spending $millions (billions?) on the “Mormon” branding? If they did, has Jesus changed His mind or did they misread or ignore Him the first time?

They seem to be spending the widows mite in increasingly willy nilly fashion.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

I have a question wrote:Actually this rebranding is a complete U-Turn of the last decade or so. When the Church ran a strategy of actively and specifically utilising the term ‘Mormon’ to brand itself - I’m A Mormon, Mormon Newsroom, The Mormon Channel, Meet The Mormons, Mormons And Gays, Mormon.org etc.

Is that an admission that the Mormon branding strategy has been a failure? Did the Brethren not pray before going down the road of spending $millions (billions?) on the “Mormon” branding? If they did, has Jesus changed His mind or did they misread or ignore Him the first time?

They seem to be spending the widows mite in increasingly willy nilly fashion.

When the demented are leading the deluded weird sheet ensues. :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

The church is all mine!

_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

The Church of Christ was the original name of the Latter Day Saint church founded by Joseph Smith. Organized informally in 1829 in New York and then formally on April 6, 1830, it was the first organization to implement the principles found in Smith's newly published Book of Mormon, and thus represents the formal beginning of the Latter Day Saint movement. Later names for this organization included the Church of the Latter Day Saints (by 1834 resolution),[1] the Church of Jesus Christ,[2] the Church of God,[2] the Church of Christ of Latter Day Saints,[3][4] and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints (by an 1838 revelation).[5][6]

Smith and his associates asserted that the Church of Christ was a restoration of the 1st-century Christian church, which Smith claimed had fallen from God's favor and authority because of what he called a "Great Apostasy". After Smith's death in 1844, there was a crisis of authority, with the majority of the members following Brigham Young to Utah Territory, but with several smaller denominations remaining in Illinois or settling in Missouri and in other states. Each of the churches that resulted from this schism considers itself to be the rightful continuation of Smith's original "Church of Christ", regardless of the name they may currently bear (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (LDS Church), Community of Christ, The Church of Jesus Christ (Bickertonite), Church of Christ (Temple Lot), etc.).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of ... Day_Saints)
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins