Judge Denies Church Motion to Dismiss!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Re: Judge Denies Church Motion to Dismiss!

Post by _peacemaker »

Runtu wrote:
I don’t know any more than you do whether she’s lying or not. I say let her have her day in court. It’s just bizarre that you think one must believe everything or nothing she says.

I believe the young McKenna Denson of 30 years ago when she spoke with Bro. Ron Leavitt. Sister Denson of the 1980s has my full support.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

peacemaker wrote:
I believe the young McKenna Denson of 30 years ago when she spoke with Bro. Ron Leavitt. Sister Denson of the 1980s has my full support.

No.

You believe what Ron Leavitt says he recalled McKenna Denson telling him after the passage of three decades and at least three phone calls from church leaders in Salt Lake.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_tapirrider
_Emeritus

Post by _tapirrider »

peacemaker wrote:I am bomgeography if it makes you feel good.

Came back under a new name I see.

peacemaker wrote:You blind anti-Mormons are willing to cover up the crimes of McKenna Denson. Your heart is away from the truth because you cannot see the light.

Here us what I see. You have no problem slamming a beautiful woman who as a non LDS child had been victimized and molested by her stepfather, scarring her behavior in interactions with men.

In High School she saw something in LDS classmates that made her want more, leading her to meet with missionaries at 15 years old. In her soul she wanted to be loved by the God she had been taught by the missionaries to believe in. She sought solace in the church and wanted to serve a mission. The president of the MTC was trusted with the very souls of the young missionaries. She was a beautiful young woman, wounded and injured and seeking the comfort of Christ. Joseph Bishop had no business getting involved in any kind of consensual relationship, and did even worse than that. He violated her in the deepest way, taking advantage of her wounds to injure her even further by raping her while she was in a setting to prepare to serve Jesus Christ and spread His message to the world.

I can't stop thinking about a story I learned in my childhood. Those ready to throw stones departed and Jesus treated an accused woman with a life changing compassion. McKenna has not experienced that in the church that claims to be led by Jesus. She has been betrayed by those who claim to act in God's name and with His power. So keep throwing stones at her, it makes it obvious where your heart is.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Tapirrider
Here us what I see. You have no problem slamming a beautiful woman who as a non LDS child had been victimized and molested by her stepfather, scarring her behavior in interactions with men.

In High School she saw something in LDS classmates that made her want more, leading her to meet with missionaries at 15 years old. In her soul she wanted to be loved by the God she had been taught by the missionaries to believe in. She sought solace in the church and wanted to serve a mission. The president of the MTC was trusted with the very souls of the young missionaries. She was a beautiful young woman, wounded and injured and seeking the comfort of Christ. Joseph Bishop had no business getting involved in any kind of consensual relationship, and did even worse than that. He violated her in the deepest way, taking advantage of her wounds to injure her even further by raping her while she was in a setting to prepare to serve Jesus Christ and spread His message to the world.

I can't stop thinking about a story I learned in my childhood. Those ready to throw stones departed and Jesus treated an accused woman with a life changing compassion. McKenna has not experienced that in the church that claims to be led by Jesus. She has been betrayed by those who claim to act in God's name and with His power. So keep throwing stones at her, it makes it obvious where your heart is.

***POWERFUL***
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

tapirrider wrote:
peacemaker wrote:I am bomgeography if it makes you feel good.

Came back under a new name I see.

peacemaker wrote:You blind anti-Mormons are willing to cover up the crimes of McKenna Denson. Your heart is away from the truth because you cannot see the light.

Joseph Bishop didn't rape McKenna Denson. You lie for Satan.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

McKenna Denson is attacking Joseph Bishop and the church because she wants money. You anti-Mormons will forever be blind. There is no proof that Joseph Bishop touched the private parts of sister missionaries. Joseph Bishop is guilty of giving the sisters adulterous back rubs and showing them poison on TV.
_esodije
_Emeritus

Post by _esodije »

From "A Primer on the Finality of Decisions for Appeal"
Amer. Bar Assn. 2007
By Brian C. Walsh

"Under 28 U.S.C. § 1292(b), the district court may certify that an interlocutory order in a civil case 'involves a controlling question of law as to which there is substantial ground for difference of opinion and that an immediate appeal from the order may materially advance the ultimate termination of the litigation.' The court of appeals 'may thereupon, it its discretion, permit an appeal to be taken from such order.'"

So, if the district court certifies a key question of law for interlocutory appeal, and if the court of appeals agrees in its discretion to hear such an appeal, the question ipso facto becomes "ripe" for review. I still think the church will attempt to appeal--the judge's order seems to meet all the criteria of § 1292(b).
_esodije
_Emeritus

Post by _esodije »

So the church decided simply to answer and assert the SOL as an affirmative defense. The DN published a story stating that the judge has scheduled a trial for 2020 (and, incidentally, that the church’s lawyers doubt there will be a settlement), which obviously leaves a lot of time for discovery. Time will tell how much dirty laundry comes to light; I’m sure Denson’s ex- will have a lot to say about her. I can see the church filing multiple motions for protective orders.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

According to the article, the church's lawyers are asking for the trial date in March of 2020.

Doesn't look like they are pursuing an interlocutory appeal after all.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_boris
_Emeritus

Post by _boris »

consiglieri wrote:According to the article, the church's lawyers are asking for the trial date in March of 2020.

Doesn't look like they are pursuing an interlocutory appeal after all.

from PACER

SCHEDULING ORDER: Amended Pleadings are due by 12/3/2018 for Plaintiff and by 12/17/2018 for Defendant. Joinder of Parties due by 12/3/2018 for Plaintiff and by 12/17/2018 for Defendant. Expert Discovery is due by 1/17/2020. Dispositive or Potentially Dispositive Motions are due by 2/14/2020. 13 Day Jury Trial is set for 7/13/2020, at 08:30 AM in Rm 3.400 before Judge Dale A. Kimball. Signed by Magistrate Judge Dustin B. Pead on 9/5/2018. (eat) (Entered: 09/05/2018)

Joinder of Parties, what does that mean?