Judge Denies Church Motion to Dismiss!

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Re: Judge Denies Church Motion to Dismiss!

Post by _MsJack »

peacemaker wrote:Facts do not care about your feelings. Show proof that McKenna Denson is not lying about the rape. You anti-Mormons are making unfunded conclusions. Your hatred towards the church is a religion.

I already told you: I'm not an anti-Mormon. Me being an advocate for victims of rape and sexual harassment does not make me an anti-Mormon. If you'd read my writing elsewhere, you'd know that I've been equally critical of Bill Hybels, Tony Jones, C. J. Mahaney, Andy Savage, Paige Patterson, and any number of evangelical Christian leaders who have been accused of engaging in or providing safe harbor to harassment and abuse. I even attended Willow Creek Community Church for 4 years (until the allegations against Bill Hybels broke in April of this year) and I've been just as critical of Hybels as I have been of Joseph Bishop, and I'm not anti-Willow-Creek.

I have already provided rationale for why believing McKenna Denson is reasonable.

Please try listening to and understanding others instead of slapping stereotypes on them.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:I do not blindly follow the prophet Joseph Smith. Three witnesses saw the angel Moroni and the plates. Joseph Smith predicted the angelic vision of the three witnesses. How could a man without a divine revelation predict an angelic vision?

You're mistaken and are blindly following several liars. Three witnesses plus Smith said they saw Moroni and the plates -- Four liars! Smith lied about all his revelations. He even lied about the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 which you well know. That testimony is false just as the one about the angel is false.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

MsJack wrote:
peacemaker wrote:Facts do not care about your feelings. Show proof that McKenna Denson is not lying about the rape. You anti-Mormons are making unfunded conclusions. Your hatred towards the church is a religion.

I already told you: I'm not an anti-Mormon. Me being an advocate for victims of rape and sexual harassment does not make me an anti-Mormon. If you'd read my writing elsewhere, you'd know that I've been equally critical of Bill Hybels, Tony Jones, C. J. Mahaney, Andy Savage, Paige Patterson, and any number of evangelical Christian leaders who have been accused of engaging in or providing safe harbor to harassment and abuse. I even attended Willow Creek Community Church for 4 years (until the allegations against Bill Hybels broke in April of this year) and I've been just as critical of Hybels as I have been of Joseph Bishop, and I'm not anti-Willow-Creek.

I have already provided rationale for why believing McKenna Denson is reasonable.

Please try listening to and understanding others instead of slapping stereotypes on them.

I am listening. I will believe McKenna Denson's story when other women come forward to accuse bro. Bishop of rape. Joseph Bishop is denying the rape. What would make you believe him?
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

peacemaker wrote:
Lemmie wrote:It is appreciated that you are not blind about Bishop's criminal behavior, peacemaker.

Joseph Bishop is guilty of some sort of abuse, but I will let God be the judge. Do not commit adultery is one of the ten commandments.

The court will hear the testimony and judge. Bible god has nothing to do with it.

Did I tell you how much I hate Bible god? Oh, I hate him. Absolutely hate him. By the way, I'm an antiMormon and an antiChrist -- All rolled up in one.

see here:

You don't need Jesus
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

peacemaker wrote:How could a man without a divine revelation predict an angelic vision?
Hmmm. Let's think about that for a minute.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

peacemaker wrote:Joseph Bishop is guilty of some sort of abuse, but I will let God be the judge.

But you are not letting God be the judge.

You are insisting on being the judge yourself.

You say you "know" McKenna Denson is lying when she says Bishop raped her.

You are certain Bishop is "guilty of some sort of abuse," but insist it did not extend to rape.

If that isn't judging, I don't know what is.

And it isn't even intelligent judging.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

I am listening. I will believe McKenna Denson's story when other women come forward to accuse bro. Bishop of rape. Joseph Bishop is denying the rape. What would make you believe him?

The only way you’ll believe that self-confessed sexual predator Joseph Bishop is a rapist is if he is actually a serial rapist? You won’t believe Denson but you would definitely believe other as-yet-unknown women if they came forward?

In terms of what would make me believe Bishop, I’ll demonstrate your methodology - I’ll believe Bishop isn’t a rapist when more women come forward and say he sexually abused them but didn’t rape them.

I’m led to believe that Joseph Bishop is alive and well, a member in good standing, serving in a calling in his ward. No Church discipline. Why?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

I have a question wrote:

The only way you’ll believe that self-confessed sexual predator Joseph Bishop is a rapist is if he is actually a serial rapist? You won’t believe Denson but you would definitely believe other as-yet-unknown women if they came forward?

In terms of what would make me believe Bishop, I’ll demonstrate your methodology - I’ll believe Bishop isn’t a rapist when more women come forward and say he sexually abused them but didn’t rape them.

I’m led to believe that Joseph Bishop is alive and well, a member in good standing, serving in a calling in his ward. No Church discipline. Why?

I do not believe McKenna Denson because she has a long history of making false accusations. Another woman did come forward and "didn't realize for many years" that she was a victim. An adult woman that "didn't realize" for many years couldn't possibly be talking about rape.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

Lemmie wrote:
peacemaker wrote:How could a man without a divine revelation predict an angelic vision?
Hmmm. Let's think about that for a minute.

You do not deny that McKenna Denson is likely lying about the rape.
_peacemaker
_Emeritus

Post by _peacemaker »

consiglieri wrote:
peacemaker wrote:Joseph Bishop is guilty of some sort of abuse, but I will let God be the judge.

But you are not letting God be the judge.

You are insisting on being the judge yourself.

You say you "know" McKenna Denson is lying when she says Bishop raped her.

You are certain Bishop is "guilty of some sort of abuse," but insist it did not extend to rape.

If that isn't judging, I don't know what is.

And it isn't even intelligent judging.

I do not judge a well known false rape accuser. I forgive Joseph Bishop and McKenna Denson because D&C 64:10 teaches us to forgive all men. Only God decides the fate of Joseph Bishop and McKenna Denson.