Juliann Continues To Spin Her Web of Lies and Deceit.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Juliann Continues To Spin Her Web of Lies and Deceit.

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

"Oh! What a Tangled Web We Weave/When First We Practice to Deceive!" Sir Walter Scott

I know very little of Juliann except for several well-documented examples of her anger, unethical and dishonest behavior. Based on her recent and past behavior, I think Juliann now officially qualifies as a Mopologist. Congratulations Juliann!

Here is Juliann's latest failed attempt at gaslighting Runtu and yet another well-documented example of her anger, unethical and dishonest behavior HERE.

From Juliann's fabricated Tom Murphy transcript HERE to her less than honest "scholarship" HERE Juliann seems to be an interesting case study on the hazards of compromising one's integrity and honesty in an attempt to defend against perceived enemies of the Church.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014
_moksha
_Emeritus

Re: Juliann Spins Her Web of Lies and Deceit.

Post by _moksha »

You shouldn't be using her last name as per her preference for some semblance of anonymity.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Phaedrus Ut
_Emeritus

Post by _Phaedrus Ut »

I remember Juliann from all the previous message boards. I'm not familiar with the current drama but I've had the growing impression in the past few years she is anything but a blind apologists. I'm going only from memory but I specifically have gained the impression of her being critical of second class treatment of women in the church and antiquated gender roles.

While I don't agree with her often I personally don't consider her an apologist.

Phaedrus
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

moksha wrote:You shouldn't be using her last name as per her preference for some semblance of anonymity.

I agree.
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:I remember Juliann from all the previous message boards. I'm not familiar with the current drama but I've had the growing impression in the past few years she is anything but a blind apologists. I'm going only from memory but I specifically have gained the impression of her being critical of second class treatment of women in the church and antiquated gender roles.

While I don't agree with her often I personally don't consider her an apologist.

Phaedrus

I think you can be an apologist and a feminist. And I respect her feminist position quite a lot.
_Doctor Scratch
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor Scratch »

Phaedrus Ut wrote:I remember Juliann from all the previous message boards. I'm not familiar with the current drama but I've had the growing impression in the past few years she is anything but a blind apologists. I'm going only from memory but I specifically have gained the impression of her being critical of second class treatment of women in the church and antiquated gender roles.

Phaedrus

I do generally consider her a Mopologist, based on some of the arguments she's made, and, more to the point, due to some of the dishonest tactics she's employed: Everybody Wang Chung's OP lays out some of these quite lucidly. That said, I agree with you re: her feminist position, and I support her views in that regard. I sort of wonder if her--and her MDD pals'--stance on women and Mormonism was part of the reason why DCP, Hamblin, Midgley, and many of the other "main" apologists no longer seem to post there.
"[I]f, while hoping that everybody else will be honest and so forth, I can personally prosper through unethical and immoral acts without being detected and without risk, why should I not?." --Daniel Peterson, 6/4/14
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Doctor Scratch wrote:
Phaedrus Utah wrote:I remember Juliann from all the previous message boards. I'm not familiar with the current drama but I've had the growing impression in the past few years she is anything but a blind apologists. I'm going only from memory but I specifically have gained the impression of her being critical of second class treatment of women in the church and antiquated gender roles.

Phaedrus

I do generally consider her a Mopologist, based on some of the arguments she's made, and, more to the point, due to some of the dishonest tactics she's employed: Everybody Wang Chung's opening post lays out some of these quite lucidly. That said, I agree with you re: her feminist position, and I support her views in that regard. I sort of wonder if her--and her MDD pals'--stance on women and Mormonism was part of the reason why DCP, Hamblin, Midgley, and many of the other "main" apologists no longer seem to post there.

I think they quit posting because the editors and censors completely destroyed apologists credibility. To me, every time an apologetic argument began running into trouble, the censors showed up and it began to dawn on a lot of folks that the apparent only way to come out on top of an argument was to have "help" because the logic and evidence did not convince. After hundreds of arguments being censored and edited, it dawns on one that the apologists really have no power. With no power why post there? I mean, they couldn't lose an argument but they all quit going and posting there. They, instead, went to their own blogs (where they still retain power of censorship, but much less stringently so than Juliann and company used). It's obvious the apologists have no convincing power any more. If one needs and has the safety net of censors, one can win any argument, but deep down the doubt will remain. I would have HATED it had they done so in my arguments.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Doctor Scratch wrote:I do generally consider her a Mopologist, based on some of the arguments she's made, and, more to the point, due to some of the dishonest tactics she's employed: Everybody Wang Chung's opening post lays out some of these quite lucidly. That said, I agree with you re: her feminist position, and I support her views in that regard. I sort of wonder if her--and her MDD pals'--stance on women and Mormonism was part of the reason why DCP, Hamblin, Midgley, and many of the other "main" apologists no longer seem to post there.

I think they quit posting because the editors and censors completely destroyed apologists credibility. To me, every time an apologetic argument began running into trouble, the censors showed up and it began to dawn on a lot of folks that the apparent only way to come out on top of an argument was to have "help" because the logic and evidence did not convince. After hundreds of arguments being censored and edited, it dawns on one that the apologists really have no power. With no power why post there? I mean, they couldn't lose an argument but they all quit going and posting there. They, instead, went to their own blogs (where they still retain power of censorship, but much less stringently so than Juliann and company used). It's obvious the apologists have no convincing power any more. If one needs and has the safety net of censors, one can win any argument, but deep down the doubt will remain. I would have HATED it had they done so in my arguments.

^^This.

Exercises more insight than anyone has a right to. The censorship itself undermines the strength of the apologist argument.

We see this only from the outside. I wonder how they feel about their own self sabotage?
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Jersey Girl wrote:^^This.

Exercises more insight than anyone has a right to. The censorship itself undermines the strength of the apologist argument.

We see this only from the outside. I wonder how they feel about their own self sabotage?

There were a couple of times on MD@D during the past year that we all got dumped in clumps ...several at the same time. It was a weird yet obvious thing but our hands were tied.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Jersey Girl wrote:I wonder how they feel about their own self sabotage?

They obviously like it very much. If they didn't, they wouldn't keep doing it.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley