LOL.....LOL....LOL....Evolution PROVEN FALSE

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: LOL.....LOL....LOL....Evolution PROVEN FALSE

Post by _canpakes »

peacemaker wrote:I prayed about the Book of Mormon and the Holy Ghost confirmed in my heart that it is true. I know the Nephites and Lamanites really existed.

How do you know what a Holy Ghost is?

How do you know that what you heard wasn't the guy behind you in line at the market?

Why would any Holy Ghost prefer to tell you about the veracity of something while trapped inside a blood-engorged muscle? Seems like the lungs, or your stomach, would be roomier and more conducive for that sort of chat.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

SteelHead wrote:There is 0 evidence of a ressurected Jesus. Care to provide some?

Matthew, Luke, Polycarp, Ignatius, The Catholic church.

steelhead replies, but those witnesses are years later so I do not believe them.

Huckelberry: that's nice. your choice.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

peacemaker wrote:Look at the trees and birds. The evidence for a creator is everywhere.

Those Thetans sure did do a good job, amiright?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

peacemaker wrote:The Holy Ghost is not just a feeling. You don't understand how revelation works.

You didn't answer the question, so maybe it is you who does not understand the Mormon revelation process. Who told you to pray about the Book of Mormon?
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

peacemaker wrote:You don't understand how revelation works.

Please explain, specifically, how revelation works.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

The Holy Ghost is not just a feeling. You don't understand how revelation works.

And the yanking of chains continues... :rolleyes:
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Runtu wrote:
Nightlion wrote:Ya all pretending that the soft tissue discovery is nothing. Have to talk about the Book of Mormon. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Most probably most of you heard about this years ago when it was new. Then just returned to your vomit.

Given that the person who discovered the soft tissue has explained how it was preserved, there's not much to talk about.

https://www.livescience.com/41537-t-rex ... issue.html

https://www.csmonitor.com/Science/2017/ ... ssue-in-it

I can sympathize with Mary and why she might want to go 'soft' with the shock value of her discovery. The Apocalrock's absolute proof of God that thoroughly shows historic judeo-christian religion and up to the present day universally dumbfounds. Even supposed believers have not what to say.

But when something like this gets written you know the heavy weights are not chiming in:

Then, in 2007, Schweitzer and her colleagues analyzed the chemistry of the T. rex proteins. They found the proteins really did come from dinosaur soft tissue. The tissue was collagen, they reported in the journal Science, and it shared similarities with bird collagen — which makes sense, as modern birds evolved from theropod dinosaurs such as T. rex.

Mary does NOT think she has proven or discovered collagen. and LOL OMG birds evolved from T Rex? Please, oh please, science cannot be that stupid.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Check your PM's cuz
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

SteelHead wrote:
There is 0 evidence of a resurrected Jesus. Care to provide some?

I cannot let that pass. You know, being a living apostle of the Lord Jesus Christ and all that.

Jesus continues the work he began and commanded in Acts Chapter One. His sacrifice made possible the Promise of the Father where those who lay down their lives in this world......(baptism is the sign of this) I mean that they truly at heart forsake the world to take upon them the name of Jesus Christ which is what the commandment requires of true saints THEN they will be wrought upon by the power of God in the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost.

Because this topic is read in scripture certainly there is a lot of presumption about it. About 99.99% award themselves this distinction. The key to know who is true and who is shoveling it is what they then teach. I have since lived forty-eight years and have yet to discover another who teaches it like they have a clue about it. Just me as far as I know. And when I did it right I was not following any outline found in this world. I was purely led to it as Jesus predicted that 'no man can come unto him save the Father draw him'. And that work is not by knowing beforehand what to expect. It is meekly following an inclination to be healed of worldliness. God gives us weakness that we might come unto him to be healed.

The modern world wants profit and mass production. A solitary saint impresses no one. But one such can condemn the entire world on the day of judgement. I have proven Jesus at his world and from my history after the fact of living on par with any Biblical life and having much to do with Christ in God and been added upon greatly all I can do it say it is so. Course now there is now The Apocalproof. :cool:

The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_honorentheos
_Emeritus

Post by _honorentheos »

huckelberry wrote:
SteelHead wrote:There is 0 evidence of a ressurected Jesus. Care to provide some?

Matthew, Luke,..

Hi huckleberry, I feel like we revisit this so often that I fear to really do so yet again. But I don't recall every really getting much of a response to the point that both Matthew and Luke's description of the crucifixion and what transpired after are very problematic. As you'll recall, there is strong evidence that they both are excessively derivative of Mark's account up to the Marcan appendix which was clearly not available to them at which point they then become contradictory and wildly varied. And as pointed out before, this is a bug in their accounts as evidenced by their varied views on what transpired before Mark's account begins with his ministry as an adult.

One isn't just taking one of many different stances towards historically distant accounts. There is a choice being made to ignore evidence. In which case, one ought to feel some obligation to provide the countering evidence as to why one is making that choice in favor of this other conclusion.

ETA: one link among many where we've had this discussion in the past.
viewtopic.php?p=701079#p701079

ETA2: a more direct discussion from a couple of years ago.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41977
The world is always full of the sound of waves..but who knows the heart of the sea, a hundred feet down? Who knows it's depth?
~ Eiji Yoshikawa