You use a cross to ward off Vampires and Evil

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

You use a cross to ward off Vampires and Evil

Post by _SuperDell »

What do you use to ward off Mormons?
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert
_Grudunza
_Emeritus

Re: You use a cross to ward off Vampires and Evil

Post by _Grudunza »

A beard. Coffee. Shoulders.

There are options.
:biggrin:
http://www.WeirdAlma.com
Weird Alma - Prophet of the New Disputation
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

I know the Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 given by Joseph Smith are totally false.

_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

Offer to buy them a beer.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Start asking questions about Book of Mormon historicity or polygamy. They'll usually run or at least back off if you do this in my experience.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

While TBMs tend to shy away from the cross, touching them with it will not burn their skin. You could mention that the Muppets Do Dallas is currently playing on KBYU.

You are assuming they are in the presence of other Mormons who would judge them should they accept your offer.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

moksha wrote:

You are assuming they are in the presence of other Mormons who would judge them should they accept your offer.

Well in my case it's not an assumption my avian friend, as I am that "other Mormon".
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Fence Sitter wrote:Well in my case it's not an assumption my avian friend, as I am that "other Mormon".

Let's hope your friend remained true and shunned the beer offer!
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Markk
_Emeritus

Post by _Markk »

SuperDell wrote:What do you use to ward off Mormons?

A cross!
Don't take life so seriously in that " sooner or later we are just old men in funny clothes" "Tom 'T-Bone' Wolk"