James John Hamula v Joyce Anderson Hamula

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

James John Hamula v Joyce Anderson Hamula

Post by _I have a question »

Apparently...

“The Divorce case was filed last week in Utah County, Case No. 184100161.”
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Re: James John Hamula v Joyce Anderson Hamula

Post by _Dr Exiled »

So, is it due to his cheating? Embarrassment due to the loss of G.A. prestige? It looks like he filed, so maybe he got tired of her not being able to forgive him (not that I blame her if he cheated). Anyone here know about their relationship? Anyway, maybe he will start talking and give us some insider information?
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

As a general authority he and his wife received the 2nd anointing. From the perspective of a believer (I assume the wife is still a believer and I think he is also.) what is the purpose of a divorce? She is still going to be stuck with the guy for eternity.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_Shinster
_Emeritus

Post by _Shinster »

Is there a way we can see anything online about the case, just to confirm the authenticity?
_DarkHelmet
_Emeritus

Post by _DarkHelmet »

Fence Sitter wrote:As a general authority he and his wife received the 2nd anointing. From the perspective of a believer (I assume the wife is still a believer and I think he is also.) what is the purpose of a divorce? She is still going to be stuck with the guy for eternity.

When she gets to the Celestial Kingdom level 3, maybe she can trade up to someone with higher priesthood power, like Brigham or Joseph.
"We have taken up arms in defense of our liberty, our property, our wives, and our children; we are determined to preserve them, or die."
- Captain Moroni - 'Address to the Inhabitants of Canada' 1775
_Everybody Wang Chung
_Emeritus

Post by _Everybody Wang Chung »

All the documents have been sealed per Court Order except for this one:

4TH DISTRICT COURT - PROVO
UTAH COUNTY, STATE OF UTAH
______________________________________________________________________________________
JAMES JOSEPH HAMULA, : RULING
Petitioner, : ORDER OF TRANSFER
:
vs. : Case No: 184401691
JOYCE ANDERSON HAMULA, : Judge: JAMES BRADY
Respondent. : Date: July 3, 2018

______________________________________________________________________________________
In accordance with a General Order of the Fourth District Court, effective immediately,
this case is transferred to the American Fork Department of the Fourth District Court
located at 75 East 80 North, Suite 202, American Fork, Utah 84003. All future pleadings
shall be filed with the Clerk of the Court at that location and should clearly be
identified by case number 184100161. Communication with the Court regarding this file
shall be made through the Clerk of the Court at the American Fork Department at (801)
756-9654.

End Of Order - Signature at the Top of the First Page

CERTIFICATE OF NOTIFICATION
I certify that a copy of the attached document was sent to the following people for
case 184401691 by the method and on the date specified.

EMAIL: COLE L BINGHAM
EMAIL: DOUGLAS B THAYER

07/03/2018 /s/ JENNIFER PECK
Date: ____________________ ______________________________

Deputy Court Clerk
Page 1 of 1
The Order of the Court is stated below:
Dated: July 03, 2018 At the direction of:
10:39:05 AM /s/ JAMES BRADY
District Court Judge
by
/s/ JENNIFER PECK
District Court Clerk
"I'm on paid sabbatical from BYU in exchange for my promise to use this time to finish two books."

Daniel C. Peterson, 2014