My Promptings

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_canpakes
_Emeritus

Re: My Promptings

Post by _canpakes »

Holy Ghost wrote:If you will think of a solution to hunger and wars, study it out in your mind, earnestly pray about, I will warm your bosom, give you the still small voice assurance if your solution is righteous.
canpakes wrote:Can I have pizza, instead?
Holy Ghost wrote:Sure, canpakes. Call Dominoes. They deliver.

But you won't?

I guess that I should have expected that.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

Holy Ghost wrote:If you will think of a solution to hunger and wars, study it out in your mind, earnestly pray about, I will warm your bosom, give you the still small voice assurance if your solution is righteous.
canpakes wrote:Can I have pizza, instead?
Holy Ghost wrote:Sure, canpakes. Call Dominoes. They deliver.

canpakes wrote:But you won't?

I guess that I should have expected that.

If you are insistent on burning in your bosom, and pizza, here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zOnh44fT0g
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Holy Ghost wrote: The LDS vote didn't matter.

What an amazing revelation! Hallelujah! Thanks to your revelation we now know that Trump didn't need LDS votes in states like Michigan or Florida.
_Holy Ghost
_Emeritus

Post by _Holy Ghost »

DoubtingThomas wrote:
Holy Ghost wrote: The LDS vote didn't matter.

What an amazing revelation! Hallelujah! Thanks to your revelation we now know that Trump didn't need LDS votes in states like Michigan or Florida.

How many LDS do you think studied out in their mind, prayed to ask if they should vote for Trump and think that I gave them the warm feeling of reassurance?
"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." Isaac Asimov
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Holy Ghost wrote:How many LDS do you think studied out in their mind, prayed to ask if they should vote for Trump and think that I gave them the warm feeling of reassurance?

What a profound question! Please tell us master.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Holy Ghost wrote:How many LDS do you think studied out in their mind, prayed to ask if they should vote for Trump and think that I gave them the warm feeling of reassurance?

I’m going to go ahead and hazard a guess at - all of the ones that wanted to justify their voting for Trump.

You’re just a Yes Man.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')