Hall of Fame Threads

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Hall of Fame Threads

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

DON'T BE BELLIGERENT. SEND HIM A NOTE. THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

grindael wrote:Dr. C... what are the chances that Shades will read this thread? I think pretty high.

Grindael, I’m confident that Shades reads every thread.

Cam, I don’t understand your objection to this thread. It gives folks other than Grindael a chance to chime in with their suggestions.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:DON'T BE BELLIGERENT. SEND HIM A NOTE. THAT'S HOW IT'S DONE.

- Doc

Love ya', Doc.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Goldenbrass
_Emeritus

Post by _Goldenbrass »

grindael wrote:My point wasn't to get any of my threads in the Hall of Fame, my goodness there are so many others that qualify. For example, I had started a thread on this before and there was a VERY GOOD list, but I can't find that thread now. Here are a few I mentioned that I recall,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=19831 (Don Bradley's Kinderhook Bomb with 25, 588 views ... is that some kind of record?)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14231&start=63 (Zub Zool Oan and Abraham 1:2b-3 with

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30431 (Calling All Apologists on the Mattson Matter with 11,550 views)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1194 (For Coggins-Sources about Fanny Alger affair with 11, 485 views)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=35452 (Coming to Grips With Brigham and Race - Russell Stevenson with 9228 views)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=34085 (GA's can't/won't heal the afflicted? with 10, 442 views)

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=40206 (Does Intelligence Necessitate God? with 9253 views)

I'm sure more could be added but these are all EPIC threads which I think qualify as "Hall of Fame". I just think that Hall of Fame could be expanded a bit and these threads are all well worth the read. I mean, my William Law thread is interesting, but it didn't get the INTEREST that all of of these did, which I think should be a big part of qualifying for Hall of Fame. Just saying.

I'm sure it wasn't your point, but I sent the thread to Shades PM box because I felt it was Hall of Fame worthy and he agreed with me. :biggrin:

I think if you send all of the above threads to him in his PM box then there's a good chance they will be added to the Hall of Fame and I'm looking forward to reading up on them and the thread that Mak suggested. Thanks for the recommended reading and don't be shocked if more of your posts end up in the Hall of Fame Grindael.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

You know what? I don't see the 2nd Watson Letter thread in there. I think that one, which has been referenced quite a bit, ought to be included. I'll have to find it and nominate it. I think it's worthy of inclusion.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

I've made a major update and re-work to the Hall of Fame post. Hopefully you'll enjoy the format more. I didn't have time to skim and evaluate all of the links in Goldenbrass's post above, so more entries may be forthcoming.

If anyone can supply me with links to parts III and higher of "A Novel in Seven Parts" by Bob Bobberson, then that will be helpful.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

That was a great one Doc. (Watson Letter) And yes, I did message Shades :cool: It's always good to cover all your bases. Thank you, and from his quick response to the Watson Letter nomination, your suggestion seems to work very well. :wink:
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

grindael wrote:That was a great one Doc. (Watson Letter)

It helped everyone understand the apologetic process.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

grindael wrote:That was a great one Doc. (Watson Letter) And yes, I did message Shades :cool: It's always good to cover all your bases. Thank you, and from his quick response to the Watson Letter nomination, your suggestion seems to work very well. :wink:

I agree with Moksha. That whole thread (and other related 2nd Watson Letter comments here and there) really underscored just how dishonest and insular Mopologists like Mr. Peterson were. Lying through their teeth and then lying about lying was really an eye opener regarding just how hollow and self-serving their character is.

- Doc