RFM - the investigation continues

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Re: RFM - the investigation continues

Post by _Stem »

candygal wrote:Stem. your post here somehow touched me..it sounds so much like a final Mormon meltdown. Like the bottom finally bottomed out..and not much foundation left. Just know it is my revelation that we will always have friends in this world..sincere ones..I hope you will let be one of yours.

Thanks, candygal. I appreciate this. I've gained a great respect for you over the time I've seen you posting both here and there. I don't' know that the bottomwill ever be all the way bottomed out for me. I'm weird like that, i guess. I like to hang on in some way, but it's been a few years since I've felt similar to what Iv'e expressed. There's no tears to shed. I've told all I know that it is not losing anything for me. I'm just hear to build on whatever I've gained.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Stem wrote:
candygal wrote:Stem. your post here somehow touched me..it sounds so much like a final Mormon meltdown. Like the bottom finally bottomed out..and not much foundation left. Just know it is my revelation that we will always have friends in this world..sincere ones..I hope you will let be one of yours.

Thanks, candygal. I appreciate this. I've gained a great respect for you over the time I've seen you posting both here and there. I don't' know that the bottomwill ever be all the way bottomed out for me. I'm weird like that, i guess. I like to hang on in some way, but it's been a few years since I've felt similar to what Iv'e expressed. There's no tears to shed. I've told all I know that it is not losing anything for me. I'm just hear to build on whatever I've gained.

You guys are good people. I know I have given our friend Stem a hard time in the past, but I am glad both of your are hear and I enjoy reading your posts.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

Stem wrote:

I admire you. Your conversations and input here and there speak for the general membership that often remains silent. You are a key to good changes in the church. Best to you.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

RFM,

How are things looking on you being able to report on that "page 4"?
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

RockSlider wrote:RFM,

I'm hoping they cave and give him the content of these blacked out lines. But I'm guessing we won't ever know what was said there.
_consiglieri
_Emeritus

Post by _consiglieri »

RockSlider wrote:RFM,

That is still a bit up in the air, but I am currently trying to line up an interview of McKenna, as well as her adopted daughter.
You prove yourself of the devil and anti-mormon every word you utter, because only the devil perverts facts to make their case.--ldsfaqs (6-24-13)
_aznative
_Emeritus

Post by _aznative »

Fence Sitter wrote:Zero tolerance really doesn't mean a whole lot when Bishop still has his membership now does it?

So, he’s still a member and in good standing?
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

aznative wrote:
Fence Sitter wrote:Zero tolerance really doesn't mean a whole lot when Bishop still has his membership now does it?

So, he’s still a member and in good standing?

I do not know for certain but I have seen no mention anywhere of him being excommunicated. Given the attention the story has received in the press and elsewhere, I would expect it would have been mentioned.
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I hope Consiglieri gets nominated and wins an award on that website that gives out awards for this kind of stuff. These have been exceptional investigative and informative podcasts of a current event.

If anybody has contact with whoever runs that site, please nominate Consiglieri.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace