It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Does Nelson think he’s like the Pope?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:16 am 
God

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... today.html

Quote:
President Nelson departs on global ministry tour today

Quote:
Today, the United Kingdom is home to more than 185,000 Mormons in 333 congregations. It remains a strength, a place where some senior church leaders spent formative years as missionaries and others have spoken in parliamentary group sessions in recent years.

A strength? Activity runs at 20% of claimed membership and there hasn’t been any growth in Church membership for years.

Quote:
Richard West cleans stairs at the Hyde Park Chapel in London on Tuesday, April 10, 2018, in preparation for the visit of President Russell M. Nelson of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. West is a member of the Chelmsford 2nd Ward in Sussex, England.

Cleaning.

(Fence Sitter, Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:20pm)

Post subject: Re: Does Nelson think he’s like the Pope?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:41 am 
God

Quote:
Anticipation crackled this week through the church's Hyde Park Building, home to the chapel, a visitors' center and the offices of the England London Mission.

"I think they have a message for the U.K., and we're excited to hear it," said Richard West, a Mormon leader in Chelmsford. "I thought general conference was electric. I was very impressed with the prophet's sincerity and the love he has for all members of the church. I think that shone through."

West worked past midnight on Monday, cleaning the Hyde Park Chapel's carpets in preparation for Thursday. It was a 14-hour day. He spent another nine hours with his small work crew on Tuesday, scrubbing the metal edges of each stair at day's end.

They were back at it again Wednesday morning, ensuring the building would be shipshape for the first stop on President Nelson's tour, during which he is scheduled to speak in eight countries in 11 days.

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/900 ... ondon.html
14 hours cleaning on Monday, 9 hours cleaning on Tuesday, more cleaning on Wednesday....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 am 
Son of Perdition

President Pope Russell M. Nelson is going to bless London.

Deseret News and wrote:
LONDON — British Mormons here found the faith's recent international general conference riveting, as new LDS Church President Russell M. Nelson presided for the first time and made announcement after announcement.

Deseret News and wrote:
Anticipation crackled this week through the church's Hyde Park Building, home to the chapel, a visitors' center and the offices of the England London Mission.

Deseret News and wrote:
"I think they have a message for the U.K., and we're excited to hear it," said Richard West, a Mormon leader in Chelmsford. "I thought general conference was electric. I was very impressed with the prophet's sincerity and the love he has for all members of the church. I think that shone through."

Deseret News and wrote:
"When I heard he was coming, I started to think about seeing him in person and my heart started to beat so fast in anticipation," said Sister Chang Chiang, a young missionary from Taiwan who is looking forward seeing President Nelson in person when he meets with the 170 missionaries in the England London Mission on Thursday afternoon. "I think I'll be too emotional."

Be sure to check back for changes, updates, and additions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:02 am 
God

The truth is that President Nelson will visit wherever and nobody will care outside of the few Mormons who still believe.

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:19 pm 
God

A world tour sounds like the kind of honeymoon thing President Nelson and Wendy may have missed out on back in 2006. Wonder if the two of them will book an overnight stay at the Taj Mahal?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:40 pm 
Son of Perdition

moksha wrote:
A world tour sounds like the kind of honeymoon thing President Nelson and Wendy may have missed out on back in 2006. Wonder if the two of them will book an overnight stay at the Taj Mahal?

Pope Nelson and his slutty looking wife are treated like royalty wherever they go. Mormons practically worship the ground he walks on and fall all over him as if he's some kind of inspired prophet who has visions of the future and one who converses face to face with Jesus Christ. Mormon cultists will drink any Kool-Aid he gives them.

Behold the Mormon pope! Kiss his hand. Kiss his ring. Kiss his ass.

Be sure to check back for changes, updates, and additions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:49 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:

Quote:
President Nelson departs on global ministry tour today

His intention is what matters. After all the guy is in his last days

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:19 am 
God

DoubtingThomas wrote:
His intention is what matters. After all the guy is in his last days

His intention is to grandstand.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:55 am 
Regional Representative

He won't have big public parades with crowds of tens of thousands along the way.
A good thing because it would be embarassing to see him trying to outdo the PopeMobile - with his own DopeMobile.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 12:41 pm 
God

Quote:
Today, the United Kingdom is home to more than 185,000 Mormons in 333 congregations. It remains a strength, a place where some senior church leaders spent formative years as missionaries and others have spoken in parliamentary group sessions in recent years.

Quote:
A strength? Activity runs at 20% of claimed membership and there hasn’t been any growth in Church membership for years.

A strength?
As at the end of 2017 the Church reports 186,852 members in the UK, which is the same as in 2010.
7 years, no claimed growth. At all.
https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-an ... ed-kingdom
http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target ... ind=Search

A strength?
It reports 327 congregations at the end of 2017, which is the lowest number of Church units since 1991.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
God

moksha wrote:

Bwaaa ahahahaaa! :mrgreen:
I have a question wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

A strength?
As at the end of 2017 the Church reports 186,852 members in the UK, which is the same as in 2010.
7 years, no claimed growth. At all.
https://www.mormonnewsroom.org/facts-an ... ed-kingdom
http://www.cumorah.com/index.php?target ... ind=Search

A strength?
It reports 327 congregations at the end of 2017, which is the lowest number of Church units since 1991.