LDS statement on medical marijuana

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Re: LDS statement on medical marijuana

Post by _I have a question »

RockSlider wrote:Haven't any of these men had a family/friends that have gone through chemo?

My TBM wife was furious when she first found out I got some illegal stuff. She found out because she was shocked I was eating and not puking and asked how/why.

Two weeks later ... Dear, don't you think you should smoke some this morning?

Mormon Jesus is only banning it in the home of suicide, Utah.
In practice, a Nevada Mormon with cancer in West Wendover can, on the advice of a doctor, use medical marijuana and remain in good standing in the church.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/2018/04/ ... ah-mormon/
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: LDS statement on medical marijuana

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Stem wrote:I don't get why the Church feels the need to chime in on things like this, particularly since its such a political issue these days.

When they say, "cautioning that the proposed Utah marijuana initiative would compromise the health and safety of Utah communities."

That's just a very political statement to make. What makes them think this? What evidence do they have that this particular initiative will compromise the health and safety of Utah communities?

It seems like others think the UMA, which the Church uses as it's reasoning, is nothing but being politically and financially motivated too. They all make empty statements as if they are telling us what's up, yet they all come off as those with ulterior motives to me.

They have to pretend they are involved in world activities and useful. It's pure PR. Remember, once that stone fills the mountain, they can then control the world's sex, as well as population, until that time there is sin, which gives them missionary clout, in their eyes.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."