My Consent to Use "Rosebud"

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_grindael
_Emeritus

Re: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"

Post by _grindael »

If "Rosebud" continues to make these kinds of posts, curious people are going to google what the hell was going on. There is enough out there for the in real life to come up. I also saw it on Mormon Dialogue and Discussions and other places. "Rosebud" can't have it both ways.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Res Ipsa
_Emeritus

Post by _Res Ipsa »

grindael wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:
Grindael,

Please see Shades’ post upthread. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48914&start=21#p1120282

I don’t think the thread you linked to currently contains Rosebud’s in real life name. If it does, please link the specific post that contains it.

Thanks.

I read Shades post. The thread does IF YOU GOOGLE IT. The delete hasn't disappeared from google. My point was, it was easy to see and I did so without knowing anything about what was going on.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.
​“The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated communist, but people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists.”

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951
_grindael
_Emeritus

Post by _grindael »

Res Ipsa wrote:Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes, sorry, I wrote, "Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092"

I never went to the actual thread, I just saw what I posted above. I then went to the thread and saw the link deleted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who "Rosebud" is.
Riding on a speeding train; trapped inside a revolving door;
Lost in the riddle of a quatrain; Stuck in an elevator between floors.
One focal point in a random world can change your direction:
One step where events converge may alter your perception.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

kevensting wrote:So much male fragility here, so little time to unpack.

Oh, and I'm not sure if you noticed, champ, but this isn't a court of law. You're not entitled to any information other than what people are willing to give. But you go ahead and continue acting entitled. It's cute.

Oh go ahead and unpack it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Kittens_and_Jesus
_Emeritus

Post by _Kittens_and_Jesus »

grindael wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes, sorry, I wrote, "Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092"

I never went to the actual thread, I just saw what I posted above. I then went to the thread and saw the link deleted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who "Rosebud" is.

I just read this thread and didn't know anything about anyone involved. I googled it and found Rosebud's real name easily.

The thing is, just like General Conference, no one is watching. Nobody cares.

Mormonism, its apologists and critics are nothing beyond inconsequential in this world.
As soon as you concern yourself with the 'good' and 'bad' of your fellows, you create an opening in your heart for maliciousness to enter. Testing, competing with, and criticizing others weaken and defeat you. - O'Sensei
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

5 years of drama.
A couple of WordPress sites to catalog and discuss the grievances.
Yearly threads here.
There is 1 person that cares.
They need therapy to find closure?
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

So unpaid or low paid services, accusations of non-transparent non-profit funds etc.

It seems to simply be a battle with Delhin about Money.
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

It's time to move on, Rosebud.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

RockSlider wrote:So unpaid or low paid services, accusations of non-transparent non-profit funds etc.

It seems to simply be a battle with Delhin about Money.

She lost her "livelihood". It was 32k. :rolleyes:

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Rosebud and the rest of her identities, I wish you the best and feel badly for your struggles. If something happened that entails sexual assault or harassment, well, then I think that horrible and hope that the negative effects that have resulted continue to be defeated by magnanimous living, or professional services or both. I don't' think there's much to say here other than a repeated hope you seek out the help you seem to need. I don't' mean that as a way to dismiss you. I mean it because I don't think posting anonymous, ambiguous complaints here is helping anyone.
But I realize I could be wrong on that.

Have a good one.