It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: My Consent to Use "Rosebud"
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:44 am 
Nursery

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Male fragility? Wow.

Anyway. You got nothing but empty assertions, innuendo, and character assassination. JUST LIKE ROSEBUD. HRRRRMMMM....

- Doc

It's okay. I can spot a Dehlin apologist from a mile away.

(Hint...they act JUST like Mormon apologists. Just with new masters! It's fascinating, really)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am 
God

kevensting wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Male fragility? Wow.

Anyway. You got nothing but empty assertions, innuendo, and character assassination. JUST LIKE ROSEBUD. HRRRRMMMM....

- Doc

(Hint...they act JUST like Mormon apologists. Just with new masters! It's fascinating, really)

Wow. You're a terrible spotter. So, basically you got jack and ____. Cool. Keep it up, sister.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:58 am 
God

kevensting wrote:

It is probably worth noting that a fair portion of the board (I'd estimate well over half but haven't actually quantified it) either really don't care about Dehlin or actually don't like him and the cult of personality that has risen around him. There is also a general consensus that he is a pretty terrible interview, if that helps. Not giving Rosebud's story our full belief and backing does not equal us believing the Dehlin is some innocent do-gooder. All most have done in response to Rosebud is suggest that if she wants a bit more support from this community she would need to back up her assertions. Hopefully the irony isn't lost on you that you have heard her full story, beginning to end, and believe her while those of us that haven't remain skeptical (especially when it comes to the more serious parts of the allegations).

In case you hadn't noticed absolutely zero people have actually stopped Rosebud from venting/declaring/sharing any of her story on this board. Merely we have discussed it, which is conveniently in the title of the board.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 am 
Nursery

Xenophon wrote:
kevensting wrote:

It is probably worth noting that a fair portion of the board (I'd estimate well over half but haven't actually quantified it) either really don't care about Dehlin or actually don't like him and the cult of personality that has risen around him. There is also a general consensus that he is a pretty terrible interview, if that helps. Not giving Rosebud's story our full belief and backing does not equal us believing the Dehlin is some innocent do-gooder.

Oh, I know. I was talking specifically about Doc. I'm aware of John's general reputation here.

Xenophon wrote:
All most have done in response to Rosebud is suggest that if she wants a bit more support from this community she would need to back up her assertions. Hopefully the irony isn't lost on you that you have heard her full story, beginning to end, and believe her while those of us that haven't remain skeptical (especially when it comes to the more serious parts of the allegations).

Also, it's not about just hearing her story. Again, if you'll read my post, I have corroborated many pieces of evidence from her story, enough that it is credible.

Really, I don't think Rosebud cares if you think she's credible. Anyone who really wants to take the time to follow the breadcrumbs can do so. People here want it spoon fed to them in order for them to graciously offer their approval and support? Please.

Last edited by kevensting on Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:04 am 
Star A

kevensting wrote:
This is about the very foundation of how Mormon Stories came to be, why it exists, and how and why it has evolved the way it has.

This is a story about POWER. The power that one person can wield over another person, and how the wielding of that power can have long-lasting and far-reaching effects over entire communities of people.

I don't think John Dehlin is a bad person. But he has made some very bad choices. He has not been at all honest about his "faith journey." He has twisted the truth. He has manipulated. He has hoarded power and diminished many, many people along the way.

Coward.

John's "power" (normal people would say influence as a well-known person) has been wielded to help people and to change the course of mopologetics. Your envy of John doesn't change any of that.

Quote:
It continues to be fascinatingly ironic to me what and who John has become, what he has done to people, what he has done with the truth, in his quest to leave Joseph Smith and the Mormon church behind.

Drop the melodrama Shakespeare.

Quote:
As Forrest Gump would put it, "And that's all I have to say about that."

I get the feeling you have a lot in common with Forrest Gump.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:04 am 
God

kevensting wrote:
Also, it's not about just hearing her story. Again, if you'll read my post, I have corroborated many pieces of evidence from her story, enough that it is credible.

You haven't corroborated ____.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:06 am 
Star A

kevensting wrote:
Oh, I know. I was talking specifically about Doc. I'm aware of John's general reputation here.

Envy AND ignorance. Just what I'd expect from a rabid Dehlin-hater.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 am 
Nursery

Tavares Standfield wrote:
Coward.

John's "power" (normal people would say influence as a well-known person) has been wielded to help people and to change the course of mopologetics. Your envy of John doesn't change any of that.

Again, fascinating how you want to turn this into a black/white, good/evil construction. To think that because John has done some good, he can in no wise have done any bad is just so...how can I put this...Mormon?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:28 am 
God

Yeah, your take on Doc is dead wrong, but you do you.
kevensting wrote:
You may have corroborated them for yourself, but you have offered nothing new to the board at large to lend credibility to anything. You also start your whole post off by pointing out you have perspective that few if any here has, namely that you have heard the story very differently than we have (by the way, I got that by reading your post :smile: ). It is worth noting that many have asked to hear the story the way you have.

kevensting wrote:
Really, I don't think Rosebud cares if you think she's credible. Anyone who really wants to take the time to follow the breadcrumbs can do so. People here want it spoon fed to them in order for them to graciously offer their approval and support? FTS
The next few sentences are 100% my take alone and just come from years of reading Rosebud's posts, I might be wrong but perception is often reality. I think Rosebud really does care what the public thinks about the situation (maybe not me specifically) and any credibility attached to it. Her posting reflects a desire to call John to the carpet and make him account for his actions, that can hardly be viewed in the laissez faire manner you seem to want it to be. If it helps, your first post, especially the "atonement" part come across the same way.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:59 am 
God

kevensting wrote:

kevensting, was mi2sense (another poster here) the source of your corroborating evidence?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:42 pm 
God

kevensting wrote:
There is real fear and pain there.

Quote:
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:38 pm

Replies: 148
Views: 2679

... So... I think of a solution: withdraw, but file a long document first.... a document that is meant as a record. And then prove to him that I'm not afraid of him by coming to this board to post about it. That's how MD got involved. Thankfully, Shades didn't just delete. In other words, I was in a double bind. . .

Quote:
Posted: Wed May 24, 2017 5:12 pm

Replies: 317
Views: 9594

... not libel if it's true or my opinion. I had these discussions with my attorney before I started posting here. I have no non-disclosure. I am not afraid of John. I am free to speak for myself as much as I please. I'm not worried about John suing me or, if he tried, beating me in court. I'm pretty ...

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm 
Dragon

Quote:
He has hoarded power and diminished many, many people along the way.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't give a rat's ass about any of the participants. But this is really all about money. I think I read one or two comments by "Rosebud" and lost interest, since it's just a disgruntled ex employee railing against their boss, who I don't listen to or follow. Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092

It seems to have the real name of the person who is now claiming they don't want their real name discussed by anyone. But what's really weird, is that another webpage came up in google and has this person linking to that very thread with their real name.

So are the rules now that we can't link to certain thread on this very forum? If that is the case then remove my link and delete the entire thread. Cause it is there for the entire world to see. If one wants info on any of this just google rosebud john dehlin. You will get all you want. I skimmed through it all and wasn't impressed, just like I'm not impressed with Dehlin. This isn't about power, it's about money. And why come here now with this don't use my real name crap?

You (IRL "Rosebud") put your real name out there and then allowed people to link you to "Rosebud". You came here to gripe that you didn't get paid enough and presented a laundry list of all of Dehlin's supposed crimes against women.

Great job. Now another person (me) knows your real name from just being curious about what all this was about. You do realize that I'm not the only one who will do this. So what you've done here, seems to have backfired. You let the cat out of the bag and you can't put that one back into it.

It's like what James Comey said about Trump... He tweets at me 'like the breakup he can’t get over'

If you really want this to go away and not have people know who you are then LET IT GO. But it appears that it isn't what you want at all.

Trying to understand this world;
But I cast at swine all my pearls,
I cast at swine all my pearls.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:10 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Quote:
He has hoarded power and diminished many, many people along the way.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I don't give a rat's ass about any of the participants. But this is really all about money. I think I read one or two comments by "Rosebud" and lost interest, since it's just a disgruntled ex employee railing against their boss, who I don't listen to or follow. Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092

It seems to have the real name of the person who is now claiming they don't want their real name discussed by anyone. But what's really weird, is that another webpage came up in google and has this person linking to that very thread with their real name.

So are the rules now that we can't link to certain thread on this very forum? If that is the case then remove my link and delete the entire thread. Cause it is there for the entire world to see. If one wants info on any of this just google rosebud john dehlin. You will get all you want. I skimmed through it all and wasn't impressed, just like I'm not impressed with Dehlin. This isn't about power, it's about money. And why come here now with this don't use my real name crap?

You (IRL "Rosebud") put your real name out there and then allowed people to link you to "Rosebud". You came here to gripe that you didn't get paid enough and presented a laundry list of all of Dehlin's supposed crimes against women.

Great job. Now another person (me) knows your real name from just being curious about what all this was about. You do realize that I'm not the only one who will do this. So what you've done here, seems to have backfired. You let the cat out of the bag and you can't put that one back into it.

It's like what James Comey said about Trump... He tweets at me 'like the breakup he can’t get over'

If you really want this to go away and not have people know who you are then LET IT GO. But it appears that it isn't what you want at all.

Grindael,

Please see Shades’ post upthread. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48914&start=21#p1120282

I don’t think the thread you linked to currently contains Rosebud’s IRL name. If it does, please link the specific post that contains it.

Thanks.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:13 pm 
God

Xenophon wrote:
You may have corroborated them for yourself [...]

To some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know... To others it is given to believe on their words.

Forever, and ever, amen.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:17 pm 
God

Doctor Steuss wrote:
To some it is given by the Holy Ghost to know... To others it is given to believe on their words.

Forever, and ever, amen.

I forget my place, Brother. Thank you for restoring my humility.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:22 pm 
God

Dehlin? Dehlin? hmm, isn't he the bit smarmy fellow who did an interview with Bart Ehrman that came up for discussion recently that nobody seemed to like?

I have a vague memory of somebody who some years ago left the church and then made a fuss about returning because a group of xmomoms were a bunch of wife swappers. I sort of remember that was the same Dehlin. I am open to correction. That individual ,mr x ,may have lost some friends in that maneuver.

Last edited by huckelberry on Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:36 pm 
Nursery

Lemmie wrote:
kevensting wrote:

kevensting, was mi2sense (another poster here) the source of your corroborating evidence?

Given the fact that I have no idea who mi2sense is IRL, how would I know?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:06 pm 
Dragon

Res Ipsa wrote:

Grindael,

I don’t think the thread you linked to currently contains Rosebud’s IRL name. If it does, please link the specific post that contains it.

Thanks.

I read Shades post. The thread does IF YOU GOOGLE IT. The delete hasn't disappeared from google. My point was, it was easy to see and I did so without knowing anything about what was going on.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm 
Dragon

If "Rosebud" continues to make these kinds of posts, curious people are going to google what the hell was going on. There is enough out there for the IRL to come up. I also saw it on Mormon Dialogue and Discussions and other places. "Rosebud" can't have it both ways.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:24 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Res Ipsa wrote:

Grindael,

Thanks.

I read Shades post. The thread does IF YOU GOOGLE IT. The delete hasn't disappeared from google. My point was, it was easy to see and I did so without knowing anything about what was going on.

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:29 pm 
Dragon

Res Ipsa wrote:

Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Yes, sorry, I wrote, "Since I don't know ANYTHING about all this, I just googled it, and came upon this thread from Mormon Discussions: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=46092"

I never went to the actual thread, I just saw what I posted above. I then went to the thread and saw the link deleted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out who "Rosebud" is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next