Mr Anderson is at it again, this time in Mexico...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Mr Anderson is at it again, this time in Mexico...

Post by _I have a question »

GUADALAJARA, Mexico — Saying Latter-day Saints in Mexico have endured “a rough year” almost borders on trivialization.

• Three hurricanes and four tropical storms have battered Mexico’s coasts.

• Two major earthquakes in 2017 claimed hundreds of lives and all but decimated entire villages. Memories of those disasters were still raw when yet another massive quake rattled southern Mexico earlier this month.

• And Mexico and its citizens remain the subject of divisive and often painful debates on immigration and other political controversies.

Still, the million-plus Latter-day Saints living in Mexico have plenty to look forward to, according to an apostle who recently spent 10 days (Feb. 16-25) touring the nation.

“Mexico is a very strong country,” declared Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles.

I was able to promise the Mexican Saints that their country has a wonderful future. The Church will be strong and there will be economic opportunities for their children and their grandchildren.”

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/865 ... exico.html

For reference, Mr Anderson’s prophesy track record in Puerto Rico was discussed here:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47308

I’d advise the Mexican saints not to hold their breath...
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Mr Anderson is at it again, this time in Mexico...

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

They've been saying these things to these people since time immemorial. I heard a GA once proclaim that South America would be the "bread basket for the world." Platitudes do nothing. I can't believe Mormons are paying 10% of their income so their guys can fly around the world telling people that God is going to bless them. It's a terrible ROI.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

We in the Church have such a Mormon-centric view of humanity. Problems plaguing any given area or people are only significant if fellow Mormons are involved.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

Too bad Anderson can't ask God how to solve the drug cartel problem down there. I bet if Anderson had that answer to his prayers, he would still find his lost keys, but would probably convert the entire country of Mexico. A new rainbow might even appear? Then he could suddenly be whisked away like Jesus of old to Columbia and then to the Middle East to work his mysterious work for Jesus. But alas, the Lord forbids it just like he forbade Alma to save all those men, women and children from the fire so the mysterious purposes of God could be preserved. So, God bless us in our sufferings and continue to pay that money to the church so it can continue to not tell the members where the money exactly goes in the name of the Lord.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I think I just saw Anderson in action:

"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen 
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

A bastard apostle of Mormonism makes all kinds of false promises.

This man wants your money.
This man forbids masturbation.
This man is a fraud.
This man does not know the future.