?????Is Mormonism dying?????? muses Jason Gottfried

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Re: “Is Mormonism dying?” muses Jason Gottfried

Post by _Nightlion »

Kishkumen wrote:
RockSlider wrote:Offtopic, I don't get your Raptor Jesus ... it just does not seem like you Kish.

"A strong influence contributing to the spread of Raptor Jesus is a page on him in Uncyclopedia last modified on March 22nd, 2016. The page explains that “Raptor Jesus roamed the Earth back when God Himself was still only a teenager. His execution is thought to be the cause of the extinction of the dinosaurs, as God was mad at the Romans for aiding in His son’s death.”[1] Encyclopedia Dramatica also documented him, including a prayer for him which goes “Our Raptor, Whose art is /h/entai, shopped be Thy face; Thy donations cum, The Game be won. On Earth as it is on 4-chan. Give us this day our daily lulz and forgive us our trolling as we forgive those who troll against us, and lead us not into faggotry, but deliver us from /fur/ries For thine is the Server, the Banhammer, and the WIN. Forever and ever… Amen.”[6]"

Hmmm...

So you are saying that Raptor Jesus is bordering on Pepe the Frog in the realm of "signaling" to fellow turds?

I have to say that I had no idea this was the case. I never read this passage or any other passage about Raptor Jesus.

All I can say is that I am genuinely drawn to Raptor Jesus. MrStak helped me obtain an animated .gif of Raptor Jesus some time ago, which was a mashup of Raptor Jesus and a scene from Jesus Camp. It was the single most breathtaking thing I have ever seen in an animated .gif, or maybe in my entire life.

I was utterly devastated by it.

I could write about what Raptor Jesus means to me, and it is, of course, quite different from what you quoted.

Raptor Jesus represents in my mind the eruption of a much more ancient and visceral reality into our tired symbolic lexicon. By comparison, anthropo-Aryan-Jesus is weak sauce. What is awe inspiring about a man with a beard wearing a robe? Jesus has been tamed into a kind of capitalist icon, a rom-com buddy riding shotgun into a teddy-pocalypse.

Raptor Jesus is buried deep inside all of us, bursting forth into our weak, tired world of quick-fix, cheap panaceas and solipsistic success stories. Raptor Jesus will save up by tearing our heads off and licking up the blood as it gushes forth from our arteries. Of all of us. Not just me, not just you, not Republicans, Democrats, sinners or snobs, but the whole lot of us.

If the ineffably vast cosmos represents the most transcendent and abstract conception of a pantheistic god/materialist reality, then Raptor Jesus is its immanent symbol/counterpart (for me). It communicates how reality doesn't give a crap and takes no prisoners--and yet you can just love it while it eviscerates you because it will. Enjoy your moments in the maw of Raptor Jesus. It's what you get. And you're lucky to have it.

Blah, blah, blah....it is offensive, rude and greatly adding to my grief having to see it.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

Nightlion wrote:Blah, blah, blah....it is offensive, rude and greatly adding to my grief having to see it.

I've not been too keen on raptor jesus ... until now.
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Nightlion wrote:Blah, blah, blah....it is offensive, rude and greatly adding to my grief having to see it.

Not every one can share the same sense of humor. Personally, I don't understand how anyone can believe that Jesus lacks a sense of humor about these things. To my understanding, Jesus has a great sense of humor.

This is what I see in the horror expressed at humor involving Jesus:

Joseph Smith wrote:I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the long, smooth-faced hypocrite.

So, there you have it. I disturb you, and you disturb me.
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_EAllusion
_Emeritus

Post by _EAllusion »

Religion in America is slowly dying.

http://www.pewforum.org/religious-lands ... tribution/

In secularist wave, Mormons are holding their own better than some religious categories.
_Paracelsus
_Emeritus

Post by _Paracelsus »

Kishkumen wrote:...
Not every one can share the same sense of humor.

This sentence should be imported into the general rules of MDB...
:exclaim: and :evil:
I know of nothing poorer
Under the sun, than you, you Gods!
Should I honour you? Why?

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe : Prometheus
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Kishkumen wrote:

Not every one can share the same sense of humor. Personally, I don't understand how anyone can believe that Jesus lacks a sense of humor about these things. To my understanding, Jesus has a great sense of humor.

This is what I see in the horror expressed at humor involving Jesus:

Joseph Smith wrote:I love that man better who swears a stream as long as my arm yet deals justice to his neighbors and mercifully deals his substance to the poor, than the long, smooth-faced hypocrite.

So, there you have it. I disturb you, and you disturb me.

Rather doubt, no, I am certain Joseph Smith would find nothing to love about you mocking Jesus this way. Some of us have given all, like death to the natural man.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE