Russell Nelson talks food...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Re: Russell Nelson talks food...

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

I have a question wrote:
“He attacks us through our appetites. He tempts us to eat things we should not eat, to drink things we should not drink, and to love as we should not love.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... llennials/

Russell...What food, specifically, is Satan tempting us to eat that we should not be eating?

Brussels sprouts. Can I get an Amen?
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_Fiannan
_Emeritus

Post by _Fiannan »

Mock him all you want but with the epidemic of both obesity and STDs he has a point at various levels.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

The epic of obesity is a case study of being a TBM, that's where the mockery is justified.

Nelson nor any recent prophet would tackl the right-wing right to eat whatever.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Post by _I have a question »

Fiannan wrote:Mock him all you want but with the epidemic of both obesity and STDs he has a point at various levels.

If he was indeed making the point you want him to have been making about obesity, as President of the Church he would exclude obese members from the temple on the basis of failing to live the word of wisdom. That he has done no such thing renders your suggestion null and void in terms of his food comment.
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_malkie
_Emeritus

Post by _malkie »

C'mon folks!!

Are you old apostates so forgetful of the Word of Wisdom?

Satan is tempting us with summer barbecues.
NOMinal member

Maksutov: "... if you give someone else the means to always push your buttons, you're lost."