Russell Nelson talks food...

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_I have a question
_Emeritus

Russell Nelson talks food...

Post by _I have a question »

“He attacks us through our appetites. He tempts us to eat things we should not eat, to drink things we should not drink, and to love as we should not love.”

https://www.sltrib.com/religion/2018/02 ... llennials/

Russell...What food, specifically, is Satan tempting us to eat that we should not be eating?
“When we are confronted with evidence that challenges our deeply held beliefs we are more likely to reframe the evidence than we are to alter our beliefs. We simply invent new reasons, new justifications, new explanations. Sometimes we ignore the evidence altogether.” (Mathew Syed 'Black Box Thinking')
_cacheman
_Emeritus

Re: Russell Nelson talks food...

Post by _cacheman »

This is clearly a reference to the Satanic origins of the tide pod challenge! :wink:
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

He's referring to the sacrament. :lol:

Joseph Smith was in the clutches of Satan from the First Vision on. All of the revelations and visions, the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham, polygamy, all lies straight from Satan. Russell M. Nelson is earth's leading Satanist. Refute me. :cool:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

That darn little Satany! He just gets his little feetsies into everythings doesn'ts he? What a silly little busys bodys he is's.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

93 year old man wrote:Satan tempts us to eat things we should not eat, to drink things we should not drink, and to love as we should not love

Go for it!

_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

I think Nelson is talking about funeral potatoes and jello..
_Chuck Finley
_Emeritus

Post by _Chuck Finley »

Maksutov wrote:Joseph Smith was in the clutches of Satan from the First Vision on. All of the revelations and visions, the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham, polygamy, all lies straight from Satan. Russell M. Nelson is earth's leading Satanist. Refute me. :cool:

This remark actually represents what some evangelicals believe about Mormonism. Same interpretation about Islam. Sure, maybe both alleged prophets had spiritual visitations, they just weren’t from God.
Proud to be the first of the "February Four" expelled from the Ceebooist branch of NeverMormonism.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

I have a question wrote:What food, specifically, is Satan tempting us to eat that we should not be eating?

Big Macs.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Maksutov wrote:He's referring to the sacrament. :lol:

Joseph Smith was in the clutches of Satan from the First Vision on. All of the revelations and visions, the Book of Mormon and the Book of Abraham, polygamy, all lies straight from Satan. Russell M. Nelson is earth's leading Satanist. Refute me. :cool:

Scientific proof requires a prediction-procedure-predicted outcome:

Without even knowing what Joseph Smith restored and re-predicted about the gospel of Jesus Christ I was drawn of the Father at the age of eighteen to do precisely what was the called for procedure and got the same outcome as what Joseph taught and what Jesus commanded as recorded in Acts Chapter One.

It began before New Years 1969 when I fasted for three days and nights to get some kind of handle on my peculiar situation. I was raised by two 'perfect Mormons' who just happened to despise my existence and needed for me to know that everyday. Such that I grew up out of sync even though I had great talents that could not help but manifest. Mostly, however, I could not get my _____ together and follow my heart to have a relationship with the young girl I fell in love with before and during High School. I needed to be healed.

I suppose fasting got the Lord working on me to draw me to my desire to be healed. Like the king of the Lamanites and the original apostles you HAVE to be willing to leave all and forsake your kingdom to make an acceptable sacrifice in taking upon you the name of Jesus Christ with full purpose of heart. This does not mean you will forever never hold a job or work, it is simply the first priority to submit your will to that of the Father.

It took just over a year before I had distilled my soul to an acceptable repentance and submission to Christ at all hazards to take his name with full purpose of heart. Near the end of January 1970 I was qualified in covenant put me in prayer in the depths of humility and earnestness of heart and knew after descending into the depths of humility in doing so, I was suddenly visited with the PROMISE of the baptism of fire and of the Holy Ghost. I did not know enough to even expect such an event. It was a complete surprise and astonishment. That event put my soul right and the damage done to me in my youth was gone. Not forgotten but transcended to the nth degree.

In preaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ I have been nothing but a great failure. 48 years and I know of no other willing to forsake the world and come unto Christ and take his name with full purpose of heart. WOW! Because of the coming age of discovery and wonder where Satan's lying wonders would fill the world with his electrical masterplay the Restoration came first. The scriptures indicate that the fat of faith will be pulled out of the fire.....just wonder when though.

This proves you wrong. With the Apocalrock piled on top.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

In preaching the true gospel of Jesus Christ I have been nothing but a great failure. 48 years and I know of no other willing to forsake the world and come unto Christ and take his name with full purpose of heart. WOW!

Oh, not to worry, God is behind ya's alls the ways! I mean it's perfectly sensical how God called you and yet with-holds the Spirit from everyone else who watches and listens to your prophesyings and scriptural disserationals, so literally, in order that no believes a word you say at all on any topic. I mean......truly...... that God you gots behind ye, he is one smart feller there he is. Most impressive methodology he uses. Give just one man the actual truth, and make it so no one else in the entire whole wide billions of population earth believes any of it. That way God can literally get his revenge and damns thems alls tos hellsies and keeps thems theres so that only you and God can enjoy heaven all to yourselves! What a glorious thing God's Gospel is, so tidy, succinct, employing the very best of Godly logic and evidence. Wow, just wow.

And you still can't seem to grasp it why it makes truly no sense in any manner. But keep on preachin man, God is your reward, all to yourself, and when it is all said and done, only you and He will have the fullness of joy, and all of the universe to fly through and explore. Granted none of the rest of us will be worth spit to talk to, but no worries, God and you can have literally infinite eternal conversations about how great your reward is!
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."