It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19
 Post subject: Re: You don't need Jesus
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:21 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
You don't need an imaginary Jesus to forgive yourself and make things right. You can do that all by yourself. You don't have to rely on magic Jesus blood or close your eyes and pretend to talk to a fantasy-man asking for forgiveness. That's cheap and lazy and for those who don't want to own up and be responsible. The Christian atonement is for those who don't want to be responsible for themselves but want an imaginary man to rescue them. It's pitiful and pathetic, I know. A large part of the world's problems are caused by the Christian religion brainwashing people into throwing their problems into the air as if Jesus is going to solve them.

10 Ways To Forgive Yourself & Let Go Of The Past

1. Become clear on your morals and values as they are right now.
2. Realize that the past is the past.
3. Create a “re-do.”
4. Realize you did the best you could at the time.
5. Start acting in accordance with your morals and values.
6. Identify your biggest regrets
7. Tackle the big ones.
8. Turn the page.
9. Cut yourself some slack.
10. Move toward self-love

Somewhat related:

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressiv ... lestation/

Quote:
Pastor Who Celebrated Orlando Massacre Found Guilty Of Child Molestation

Anti-gay pastor who claimed Orlando massacre victims got “what they deserve” is found guilty of eight counts of child molestation.

- Doc

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:00 pm 
God

Kinda makes you want to believe in Karma, doesn't it?

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:29 pm 
God

huckelberry wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:
No, actually, we're sewing this week.

;-)

Hi, Jersey Girl, I am going to ask because I am a little unsure how to take your comment. I will be real literal. I understand that people may find a variety of ways of contemplation to be spiritually helpful. I do not wish to be negative about sewing with Jesus. I imagine it might work out better than some church services.

It was intended as sarcasm, huck.

Quote:
For the subject of this thread I do think it is possible to be happy and forgiveyourself without Jesus. I do not know of any human action which cannot be done without Jesus. I do think he helps people look beyond themselves in their perception of the meaning of their lives.

As DoctorCam has pointed out above it is easier to forgiveoneself than to be forgiven by those you have hurt.

I agree with your above except for it being easier to forgive onself than to be forgiven by those you have hurt. I'd say it's less likely that those you've hurt would forgive you. I think that would be conditional on the nature of hurt, the nature of the relationships, and the psychological/emotional make up of the people involved.

Perhaps that's what you meant by "easier"?

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:17 am 
Son of Perdition

Jesus - John 15,5,6 NLT wrote:
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

You got to be kidding me, Jesus, you freak. I don't need you. I can do all things by myself and be HAPPY doing it. You can't hurt me, Jesus. You aren't real. I will not be burnt or threatened by you. You are nothing but an imaginary bully.

I rebuke this evil Christian doctrine!

Be sure to check back for changes, updates, and additions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:27 pm 
God

Jesus - John 15,5,6 NLT wrote:
Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing. Anyone who does not remain in me is thrown away like a useless branch and withers. Such branches are gathered into a pile to be burned.

Wonder if this is the passage Philander Knox Smartt III the Puerto Rico Mission President used to get in the panties of the Commodity Missionaries

I don't heed advise, dietary practices, criticism, moral guidance, social causes, political views or job advice from someone who worships a man who had sexual relations with little girls and other men's wives. https://www.LDS.org/topics/plural-marri ... o?lang=eng

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 9:17 am 
Son of Perdition

So, you think you need Jesus?

Please explain briefly in two or three paragraphs why you think you need Jesus.

Thank you.

Be sure to check back for changes, updates, and additions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 384 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19