You don't need Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Re: You don't need Jesus

Post by _Maksutov »

huckelberry wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Is this where we hear the sermon of how being an angry homo mutates into hating his Creator? :rolleyes:

Such was not on my mind, why am I being accused?

It's quite common for atheists to be accused by Christians of "hating God". That is perhaps not fair to you in particular, but a response conditioned by very real personal history. It does make sense to hate the idea of, or the practice of honoring, a God with hateful attributes. And there have been plenty of those. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Maksutov wrote:It's quite common for atheists to be accused by Christians of "hating God". That is perhaps not fair to you in particular, but a response conditioned by very real personal history. It does make sense to hate the idea of, or the practice of honoring, a God with hateful attributes. And there have been plenty of those. :wink:

Plenty of damn hate and intolerance to go around on this thread, too.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Maksutov wrote:It's quite common for atheists to be accused by Christians of "hating God". That is perhaps not fair to you in particular, but a response conditioned by very real personal history. It does make sense to hate the idea of, or the practice of honoring, a God with hateful attributes. And there have been plenty of those. :wink:

Maksutov, I think Christians accusing atheists of hating god is thoughtless.(and worse) Making such an assumption is also a big block to any mutual understanding and communication. I have heard such suggestions ,they make me think that there are things the person making the assumption does not wish to think about.

I can see the pattern where somebody might construct a similar assumption for similar reasons about homosexual people.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote:
You don't need Jesus to be a good person.

You don't need Jesus to be righteous.

You don't need Jesus to live an honest life.

You don't need Jesus to feel free from guilt.

All you need is love.

I see that you are drinking from the cup of flaming hypocrite here. Any particular reason for that?
Chinese Proverb
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:I see that you are drinking from the cup of flaming hypocrite here. Any particular reason for that?

I'm not a hypocrite. Will you clarify, please?
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Shulem wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:I see that you are drinking from the cup of flaming hypocrite here. Any particular reason for that?

All you need is love, my ass.
Chinese Proverb
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Jersey Girl wrote:All you need is love, my ass.

Let's make one thing perfectly clear, Jersey Girl. I have no love for Jehovah or Moses. The dastardly deeds of that pair are not worthy of my affection or well wishes. Jehovah was a murderous cult god who delighted in slaughtering countless innocent people. Moses was a murderer and a tyrant -- he was cruel and harsh.

Should you like to meet Jehovah or Moses, someday, do it when it's not your time of the month. They don't allow menstruation in their camp. Just saying.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

huckelberry wrote:I would be fairly confident that the primary heater for your hostility is a justifiable reaction to the way homosexuals have been treated for a long time now.Being angry about that makes sense to me.

Have you ever wondered how many homosexuals Moses stoned? Have you ever wondered how many Christians St. Paul shunned and condemned for being gay? You do know that the Jews and Christians have a horrible track record when it comes to the treatment of gay people?

You know that stoning a homosexual for simply loving the person he loves is murder. Yes, that does make me angry. I don't like murder and I don't like murderers.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Shulem wrote:

All you need is love, my ass.

Not a Beatles fan? :lol:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Dr Exiled
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr Exiled »

I think zombie jesus likes people to eat his flesh and drink his blood, whether transubstantiation or symbolically.

Last edited by Guest on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Religion is about providing human community in the guise of solving problems that don’t exist or failing to solve problems that do and seeking to reconcile these contradictions and conceal the failures in bogus explanations otherwise known as theology." - Kishkumen