You don't need Jesus

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Re: You don't need Jesus

Post by _huckelberry »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5iaERTETvE

an interview which touches on several subjects but leads into a thoughtful discussion of the meaning of Jesus death. It probably is not the last word in the discussion but gets back to what apostle Paul spoke of without directly using Paul.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
JLHPROF wrote:You may not need Jesus, but I definitely do.

:eek:

Why?

- Doc

Look, JLHPROF -- please allow me to explain something to you. You may think you "need" Jesus but you don't need Jesus. You want Jesus. There is a big difference between needs and wants. For example: You need air to breathe. You need food to eat. You need sleep. Those are real needs without which you shall surely perish. The Jesus thingy is just a want, a mere frill of faith or a bell and whistle in which one can toot a horn. Jesus is only a want and it's invisible and entirely based on wishful thinking.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Shulem wrote:
Look, JLHPROF -- please allow me to explain something to you. You may think you "need" Jesus but you don't need Jesus. You want Jesus. There is a big difference between needs and wants. For example: You need air to breathe. You need food to eat. You need sleep. Those are real needs without which you shall surely perish. The Jesus thingy is just a want, a mere frill of faith or a bell and whistle in which one can toot a horn. Jesus is only a want and it's invisible and entirely based on wishful thinking.

This is the terrestrial board. Blasphemy of this ilk ought not to be tolerated here. Get thee hence. Don't imagine that I am personally offended by you. Not possible. You could not live a second longer without Jesus. He allows your continued existence because he is just that great of a God. Why are there so many satans in the world? Because they want to take the honor of God unto themselves. OOOOOO science has given us all these wonders. LOL
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nightlion wrote:This is the terrestrial board.Blasphemy of this ilk ought not to be tolerated here.

Nonsense. Your kind of ilk deserves strong opposition and direct confrontation. You're after all, a false prophet peddling nonsense.

Nightlion wrote:Get thee hence.

Make me. You have no power over me, Nightlion. You're a false prophet and filled with a lying spirit.

Nightlion wrote:Don't imagine that I am personally offended by you. Not possible.

I could care less. I find you to be offensive, though. You are extremely offensive as you attempt to peddle your cheap wares in your greasy ways.

Nightlion wrote:You could not live a second longer without Jesus.

Your imagination runs wild. You are what keep Jesus alive by thinking of him. He's not even real. He doesn't really exist. He's just your imagination and has no part in mine. I'm not afraid of Jesus and I'm certainly not afraid of you. You, Nightlion, remind me of a homeless man laying on the sidewalk barking at people and begging for attention. That's how I picture you. Homeless, jobless, and a total bum. I picture you with a tin can half filled with coins.
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

jesus, especially Mormon Bastard jesus is a hindrance to goodness, righteousness and honesty.

I say [deleted] jesus and the horse he/she rode in on and live your life free from guilt and religious judgement.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Mormonicious wrote:jesus, especially Mormon Bastard jesus is a hindrance to goodness, righteousness and honesty.

I say [deleted] jesus and the horse he/she rode in on and live your life free from guilt and religious judgement.

You don't need Jesus to be a good person.

You don't need Jesus to be righteous.

You don't need Jesus to live an honest life.

You don't need Jesus to feel free from guilt.

All you need is love.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nightlion wrote:This is the terrestrial board. Blasphemy of this ilk ought not to be tolerated here. Get thee hence. Don't imagine that I am personally offended by you. Not possible. You could not live a second longer without Jesus. He allows your continued existence because he is just that great of a God. Why are there so many satans in the world? Because they want to take the honor of God unto themselves. OOOOOO science has given us all these wonders. LOL

I am not afraid of the threats of a make believe god who hides between the covers of a book. The invisible god is nothing.

I am not afraid of the threats made by believers of the make believe god. Their words are only words and have no real substance.

I am not afraid of accusations from a make believe god and from those who follow it. They are like the wind blowing about the air -- here and there -- to and fro -- upon the earth, here one moment and gone the next.

Amen.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Nightlion wrote: Why are there so many satans in the world? Because they want to take the honor of God unto themselves. OOOOOO science has given us all these wonders. LOL

Science takes facts and mathematics into account. Christians take fantasy and dumb ideas about an invisible god who hides in the covers of a book -- a dumb god who can neither hear, see, or walk. You believe in an invisible god which is no more real than a child's belief in Santa.

Atheists are not hindered by silly religion but have facts and it angers you cultists to no end. You call us Satan because you're angry and have the spirit of evil in you. You, Nightlion, are trapped in the Christian cult and deny science because you are born in religion's original sins. Repent and change your ways! Give up your deluded faith. It is poison to your dying soul.

I feel so sorry for you.
_Nightlion
_Emeritus

Post by _Nightlion »

Shulem wrote:
Nightlion wrote: Why are there so many satans in the world? Because they want to take the honor of God unto themselves. OOOOOO science has given us all these wonders. LOL

Science takes facts and mathematics into account. Christians take fantasy and dumb ideas about an invisible god who hides in the covers of a book -- a dumb god who can neither hear, see, or walk. You believe in an invisible god which is no more real than a child's belief in Santa.

Atheists are not hindered by silly religion but have facts and it angers you cultists to no end. You call us Satan because you're angry and have the spirit of evil in you. You, Nightlion, are trapped in the Christian cult and deny science because you are born in religion's original sins. Repent and change your ways! Give up your deluded faith. It is poison to your dying soul.

I feel so sorry for you.

Can't you just simply dismiss me without further argument? Are you so insecure as to have to harp on and on to bolster your sandy foundation?

When the poop hits the fierce wind please realize you are at the end of the line for any consideration from these parts.
The Apocalrock Manifesto and Wonders of Eternity: New Mormon Theology
https://www.docdroid.net/KDt8RNP/the-apocalrock-manifesto.pdf
https://www.docdroid.net/IEJ3KJh/wonders-of-eternity-2009.pdf
My YouTube videos:HERE
_huckelberry
_Emeritus

Post by _huckelberry »

Shulem wrote:
huckelberry, Isaiah, and Jehovah wrote:Isaiah 1;10 Hear the word of the Lord, you rulers of Sodom, listen to the law of our God, you people of Gomorrah.

Listen to me, Jehovah, I'm a gay man -- homosexual true and blue. You will not slay me, a vile and murderous god, you are pure evil in my sight.

huckelberry, Isaiah, and Jehovah wrote:The multitude of your sacrifices, what are they to me?says the Lord

Are you drunk, Jehovah? Have you lost your mind again? Is your prophet Isaiah so depressed and despondent that he has forgotten how to represent your murderous ways? You love blood and delight in offerings. They are a sweet smell to your nose. Have you forgotten already?

huckelberry, Isaiah, and Jehovah wrote:I have more than enough of burnt offerings of rams and the fat of fattened animals, I have no pleasure in the blood of bulls and lambs and of goats.

You've murdered countless animals for your own vain glory and have asked your people to perform all manner of barbaric rituals in order to satisfy your thirst for blood. Your animal sacrifices are all an abomination. You, Jehovah, are a butcher. You have delighted in countless sacrifices because you love to kill -- you love to murder -- you love to put all manner of life to death, whether it be beasts or men. You, Jehovah, are a serial killer and are evil.

Shulem, Are you a vegetarian strictly avoiding both Mcdonalds and backyard barbecues? You realize that the animal sacrifice business was a matter of shared meals. Now even if you believe vegetarian is a superior way of life surely you do not see the folks at Mcdonalds with the same white hot hostility because of the daily murder of cows and chickens going on behind the facade?

I would be fairly confident that the primary heater for your hostility is a justifiable reaction to the way homosexuals have been treated for a long time now.Being angry about that makes sense to me.