"I am a child of Gods" Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Father

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

"I am a child of Gods" Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Father

Post by _deacon blues »

It just hit me while reading viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48477 The familiar primary song is a 20th century answer/rebuttal/dismissal of the doctrine of Eternal parents. It is a step back from the hymn "O My Father" and other hints of two parents instead of one. I don't think I can ever feel the same way about that song again. :sad:
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Re: "I am a child of Gods" Heavenly Mother and Heavenly Fath

Post by _Meadowchik »

deacon blues wrote:It just hit me while reading viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48477 The familiar primary song is a 20th century answer/rebuttal/dismissal of the doctrine of Eternal parents. It is a step back from the hymn "O My Father" and other hints of two parents instead of one. I don't think I can ever feel the same way about that song again. :sad:

Huh, I hadn't thought about that either. Funny, because I had just cited that hymn in Kish's patriarchy post, maybe that brought it to your mind?
_candygal
_Emeritus

Post by _candygal »

How about this??? "Lead Me..Guide Me...Walk beside me..help me find the way.
Teach me all that I must do..to live with Her someday."
_SuperDell
_Emeritus

Post by _SuperDell »

They won't put out much about a heavenly mother because God is a major league polygamist. You would never know the name of whichever one it was that gave birth to your spirit.
“Those who never retract their opinions love themselves more than they love truth.”
― Joseph Joubert