Mormon #MeToo is heading towards LDS Inc

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Polygamy-Porter
_Emeritus

Mormon #MeToo is heading towards LDS Inc

Post by _Polygamy-Porter »

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/09/politics ... index.html

Brother Porter, Rob, not me! has brought this upon you!!
New name: Boaz
The most viewed "ignored" poster in Shady Acres® !
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Mormon #MeToo is heading towards LDS Inc

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You know what, I never even thought of it that way. Omg... :surprised:
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Mormonicious
_Emeritus

Post by _Mormonicious »

Horny Holy Joe and his gang of Misogynist Perverts are in trouble now.
Revelation 2:17 . . give him a white stone, and in the stone a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it. Thank Google GOD for her son eBay, you can now have life eternal with laser engraving. . oh, and a seer stone and save 10% of your life's earning as a bonus. See you in Mormon man god Heaven Bitches!!. Bring on the Virgins
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Post by _MsJack »

#ChurchToo has been happening in the evangelical world for a few months. I can absolutely see similar stories happening in Mormonism.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

When abuse happens and the church does not discipline appropriately, victims are re-victimized. It's another example of spiritual abuse. A blog posted a somewhat-related story today:

"This man has never expressed remorse to us. Sometimes abusers do, but keep abusing. This man still tries to harm us. Our abuser certainly has not shown a consistent effort in changing behavior, quite the contrary. I do not know how the bishop sees him, but I do know that feelings cannot replace facts. I know this man has not fully repented, I absolutely know he has not sought restitution with us.

The harm he has done and does is perpetuated with every memory and reminder of him. When he continues with the appearance of holding the priesthood in the church, the harm is worsened, and we are victimized again.

Where is the “Amen” to his priesthood?"

https://sistersquorum.com/2018/02/10/518/
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Post by _Maksutov »

So are we going to trace it all the way back to Smith? We absolutely should. :wink:
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Maksutov wrote:So are we going to trace it all the way back to Smith? We absolutely should. :wink:

Damn skippy!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Meadowchik
_Emeritus

Post by _Meadowchik »

Kishkumen wrote:
Maksutov wrote:So are we going to trace it all the way back to Smith? We absolutely should. :wink:

Damn skippy!

Darn tootin'!
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Post by _Fence Sitter »

NancyRigdonMormon#metoo
MirandaHydeMormon#metoo
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."