Another LDS Paranormalist

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Maksutov
_Emeritus

Another LDS Paranormalist

Post by _Maksutov »

http://www.ldsliving.com/LDS-Television ... th/s/82787

From the article:

Hansen maintains a definite belief in what many would consider conspiracies or paranormal occurrences. "I'm convinced that the UFO phenomenon is real," he said. But how do these beliefs coincide with his religious beliefs as an active Latter-day Saint?

"[People] wonder if I've ever seen or experienced things that make me question my faith. I tell them, 'absolutely not.' Yes, while it's true that I've seen many things most people would find hard to believe, there's nothing I've experienced that makes me doubt the gospel. It all fits in somehow . . . the universe is filled with mysteries, and I'm okay waiting a bit for the answers."
"God" is the original deus ex machina. --Maksutov
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: Another LDS Paranormalist

Post by _Fence Sitter »

If man is made in God's image and non humanoid alien life which will be much more intelligent and much older than humans, does that mean their God can beat up ours?
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."