It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: DCP's ongoing problem with plagiarism
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:31 pm 
God

RI yes, that's how it works on this system.

Lemmie--great idea! Do it.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:36 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
I could start a new thread entitled Documentation from 'DCP's ongoing problem with plagiarism,' and request in the opening post that posting there be reserved only for documentation. I could leave a link to the other thread, noting further discussion can be continued there.

I think copying over rather than moving over the documentation would accomplish the purpose without disrupting legitimate conversations here, of course with various posters retaining the right on the new thread to edit out stuff related to any other conversation if they want to.

IIRC documentation has come from Tom, Everybody Wang Chung, myself, and Doc, and possibly a few others. I also don't mind copying over documentation of related plagiarism cases and posts of BYU and other's academic policies as that gives context.

How about I start the thread, and then I'll start by sending some links to Shades to be copied over.

I think that's a perfect solution for any lurkers interested in the subject at hand.

- Doc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:40 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
Lemmie wrote:
Why should I mind? At this point tom's and my documentation and the relevant discussion thereof are buried so deep in someone's derailing by personal crisis and rule-breaking "f*** you" strategy that it can't possibly matter. It would be easier at this point to move the on-topic posts.

That posters Agenda, as you rightly point out, was to drown the thread in personal drama drivel.

Don’t give it up Lemmie.

I just reported this post. I’m sick of your personal attacks.

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MormonDiscussions.com.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:42 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
I could start a new thread entitled Documentation from 'DCP's ongoing problem with plagiarism,' and request in the opening post that posting there be reserved only for documentation. I could leave a link to the other thread, noting further discussion can be continued there.

I think copying over rather than moving over the documentation would accomplish the purpose without disrupting legitimate conversations here, of course with various posters retaining the right on the new thread to edit out stuff related to any other conversation if they want to.

IIRC documentation has come from Tom, Everybody Wang Chung, myself, and Doc, and possibly a few others. I also don't mind copying over documentation of related plagiarism cases and posts of BYU and other's academic policies as that gives context.

How about I start the thread, and then I'll start by sending some links to Shades to be copied over.

I’ll commit to staying completely out of that thread as long as no one personally attacks me.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MormonDiscussions.com

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:44 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
I just reported this post. I’m sick of your personal attacks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYGRIGwR7Uo

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:46 pm 
God

So i started the new thread, apparently just in time. :rolleyes:

i copied over my original opening post, to get it started, and I'll start submitting post links to Shades. Feel free to pm me links if anyone would like to assist!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:47 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

I’ll commit to staying completely out of that thread as long as no one personally attacks me.

What makes you think anyone is going to personally attack you on a thread intended to store documentation or can you not actually read the post above that you're replying to?

She's creating an archive of sorts. What has that got to do with personally attacking you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:

i copied over my original opening post, to get it started, and I'll start submitting post links to Shades. Feel free to pm me links if anyone would like to assist!

You want the transfer to be limited to documentation only, correct?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:48 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:

New thread looks good, Lemmie.

― Hannah Arendt, The Origins of Totalitarianism, 1951

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:49 pm 
God

Kishkumen wrote:
Why are you interested in holding onto such a friendship, Liz? You watch your “friend” behave poorly, sometimes to your other “friends,” and yet you continue to turn a blind eye to preserve the “friendship.”

It seems to me that this is an unhealthy relationship.

I suspect [personal attack deleted].

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:55 pm 
God

Res Ipsa wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

New thread looks good, Lemmie.

Yeah - All it needs now is few GIF's and 2 or 3 pictures of a whale and it will be good to go! I'll see what I can do. :smile:

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:56 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

You want the transfer to be limited to documentation only, correct?

mostly, but links to BYU honor code, and factual quotes and/or links to other plagiarism cases at BYU are pertinent.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:03 pm 
God

There are other threads related to DCP plagiarism, copies of posts from those threads are welcome there also.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:08 pm 
God

Thanks, Lemmie.

If you need additional support toward the effort, I would be happy to take a designated page or two in making a list of links for Shades. If you don't call on me, I won't be at all insulted and I'll check in here later to see how the process is progressing.

(Volunteers-I'd recommend designating them a specific page or more to prepare a list of links. Divide and conquer. To my knowledge, it doesn't matter in which order Shades receives the links, the system will take care of the chronology of the transferred posts.)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:

What makes you think anyone is going to personally attack you on a thread intended to store documentation or can you not actually read the post above that you're replying to?

She's creating an archive of sorts. What has that got to do with personally attacking you?

Since I have been accused over and over again of purposely derailing this thread and causing drama, I just wanted to make it clear that as an act of good faith, I wouldn’t post at all on the other thread. Why do I mention personal attacks? Because IHAQ and now Rockslider have been attacking me unprovoked here. Their posts have been reported. I’m just making it clear that if they keep away from me, I’ll do the same.

Last edited by Jesse Pinkman on Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:48 pm 
God

Jesse Pinkman wrote:
<snipped>
:rolleyes:

And.......back to the topic, YET AGAIN.

Last edited by Lemmie on Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:01 pm 
God

Ceeboo wrote:
Yeah - All it needs now is few GIF's and 2 or 3 pictures of a whale and it will be good to go! I'll see what I can do. :smile:

Are you sure we need all that? After all we do have a penguin.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:49 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thanks, Lemmie.

If you need additional support toward the effort, I would be happy to take a designated page or two in making a list of links for Shades. If you don't call on me, I won't be at all insulted and I'll check in here later to see how the process is progressing.

(Volunteers-I'd recommend designating them a specific page or more to prepare a list of links. Divide and conquer. To my knowledge, it doesn't matter in which order Shades receives the links, the system will take care of the chronology of the transferred posts.)

Thanks, but Shades seems to have plans. I have no idea what those plans are, however, so I've deleted the documentation thread I started so as to not conflict with those plans. More specifically, I deleted what I could, but of course I have no control over posts by the village idiot, who, as usual, felt the need to say nothing at all about nothing at all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:00 am 
Founder & Visionary

Lemmie wrote:
Thanks, but Shades seems to have plans. I have no idea what those plans are, however, so I've deleted the documentation thread I started so as to not conflict with those plans.

I'm going to split out all posts that constitute discussion of the motivations of the original poster into their own thread. . . even though you kindly told me I don't have to.

It simply has to be done. Give me some time to finish up a personal project I'm working on first, please.

--kairos, 08-08-2018

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:41 pm 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
I'm going to split out all posts that constitute discussion of the motivations of the original poster into their own thread. . . even though you kindly told me I don't have to.

It simply has to be done. Give me some time to finish up a personal project I'm working on first, please.

Thank you, Dr. Shades. No time pressure from me, and I appreciate very much your willingness to address the issue.

Post subject: Scapegoated
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:33 am 
God

I did not single handedly ruin Lemmie’s thread. If it is easier for folks to put a blame on one person, then fine.

I disagreed with the opening post and shared my throughts. They were not popular because they went against the grain of the masses.

I was later asked direct questions and responded. I was also personally attacked.

There were others there who also posted off topic items. However, because they agreed with the popular stance, their posts were not viewed in a hostile way.

As I stated, I will accept responsibility for my part, but I in no way single-handedly ruined Lemmie’s thread as she and others claim.

As an act of good faith, I will not post any further on her thread, old or new, dealing with that topic in the future.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 441 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next