What is God?

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

What is God?

Post by _deacon blues »

_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: What is God?

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Heard of what?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

deacon blues wrote:Anyone else heard of this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06WqN5gULqs

Interesting kid.

God is energy. I can go with that on a fundamental level.

Hey, he believes in God. That's cool. More than can be said for some folks here. :wink:

And he figured it out by age thirteen. Good for him. :smile:

Regards,
MG
_deacon blues
_Emeritus

Post by _deacon blues »

Max Loughan does say he doesn't believe that God is a person or entity (2:20) He says that "God is energy himself, well not even himself, Itself" You seem to miss the point, MG. What's interesting to me is that the young men is using reason, where 13 year-olds in the LDS tradition are encouraged to rely more on authority and feelings in the search for Truth.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

I believe God is the AI running our simulation.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

deacon blues wrote:Max Loughan does say he doesn't believe that God is a person or entity (2:20) He says that "God is energy himself, well not even himself, Itself" You seem to miss the point, MG.

Yes, I heard him say that. My thoughts simply went a different direction from his. God in our image, but a being of energy/light of some form or fashion.

deacon blues wrote:What's interesting to me is that the young men is using reason, where 13 year-olds in the LDS tradition are encouraged to rely more on authority and feelings in the search for Truth.

This young man would be an interesting 'add on' to a deacon/teacher's quorum. :smile:

Regards,
MG
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Makes sense. God in essence is conscious energy, or energetic consciousness, I AM THAT I AM.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

God is whatever mankind think it ought to be for them to be comfortable.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_Amore
_Emeritus

Post by _Amore »

Philo Sofee wrote:God is whatever mankind think it ought to be for them to be comfortable.

Well, if you look deep into the symbolism of Christ doing some major soul-searching shadow work - (and of course Christ is not Jesus’s last name but what he became & encouraged all to become,) the higher GOoD involves addressing the lowest, most uncomfortable bad.
_SteelHead
_Emeritus

Post by _SteelHead »

God is a three decker sauerkraut and toadstool sandwich with arsenic sauce!
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin