For MG, This Believer in God Refutes Fine Tuning of Universe

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Re: For MG, This Believer in God Refutes Fine Tuning of Univ

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

Philo Sofee wrote:MG? HEY!!!!! I'm waiting for your reason that fine tuning is evidence for God...

i am not mg (fortunately)

but:
Genesis 1 wrote:27. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
28. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
29. And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
30. And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
31. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Genesis 1 ver 1.01 wrote:31 ver 1.01. And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was not very good.
32 ver 1.01. And at morning God saw that those poor beings can not live in that vomitus environment, and, behold, he fine tuned it.
33 ver 1.01. And at evening God became very tired. As fine tuning is a hard task; the perpetrator should know all the science around.
34 ver 1.01. And after evening god was very tired; more tired then even after previous five days.
35 ver 1.01. And this is why God should be reposed.

And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Stem
_Emeritus

Post by _Stem »

Is MG that annoying William lane craig guy? I thought that was his go to fave when arguing with atheists. Those debates are funny.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Choyo Chagas wrote:i am not mg (fortunately)

I resemble that remark. :smile:

Alas, that's par for the course around here...

There's got to be the whipping boy...

Otherwise, where's the fun, right?

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

I figured the anthropic principle/fine tuning argument wouldn't go over very well here.

But to diss Goldilocks, gosh dang.

Regards,
MG
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

mentalgymnast wrote:There's got to be the whipping boy...

mentalgymnast wrote:Otherwise, where's the fun, right?
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Choyo Chagas wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:There's got to be the whipping boy...

mentalgymnast wrote:Otherwise, where's the fun, right?

:lol:

Regards,
MG
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Philo Sofee wrote:I'm waiting for your reason that fine tuning is evidence for God...

It's more than just that. It's a combination of fine tuning/anthropic principle and Goldilocks.

Throw in the Book of Mormon and life experience and a LOT of reading/thinking/pondering on top of that, and I'm pretty comfortable in the pew on Sunday's.

But not the metal chairs. :wink:

Regards,
MG