Religious answers

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Re: Religious answers

Post by _Dr. Shades »

moksha wrote:Can scienceth sayth the same withouth a lisp?

That's not what a lisp is. Ts don't turn to THs; only Ss do.

A lisp goes like this:

moksha wrote:Can thienth thay the thame without a lithp?
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Maksutov wrote:Image

I think that science doesn't have an adequate answer to the question of whether or not there is life after death. Religion promotes/teaches that there is. I would take the religious answer over the inadequate answers from science. Although it is unfortunate, at least in the eyes of many, that we have to live by faith along the way to believe in the religious answer.

Regards,
MG
_bcuzbcuz
_Emeritus

Post by _bcuzbcuz »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Maksutov wrote:Image

I think that science doesn't have an adequate answer to the question of whether or not there is life after death. Religion promotes/teaches that there is. I would take the religious answer over the inadequate answers from science. Although it is unfortunate, at least in the eyes of many, that we have to live by faith along the way to believe in the religious answer.

Regards,
MG

Now you’re being laughably silly. Science has studied death and the dead. The answer is abundantly clear, it’s just that you don’t WANT to accept it. Therefore you accept fanciful postulates about something that doesn’t exist. You PREFER to have imaginary answers in order to avoid dealing with the reality. Christianity has a different answer about death than what Mormons believe. Tens, if not hundreds, of other religions have different imaginations about the next ife than either christians or Mormons. Why do you believe you have found the only true interpretation of what happen after death, the ideas spouted by a backwater tributary religion?

There is no life after death. Balls in your court to prove the opposite.
And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love...you make. PMcC
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

bcuzbcuz wrote:Christianity has a different answer about death than what Mormons believe. Tens, if not hundreds, of other religions have different imaginations about the next life than either christians or Mormons. Why do you believe you have found the only true interpretation of what happen after death, the ideas spouted by a backwater tributary religion?

There is no life after death. Balls in your court to prove the opposite.

I can't prove it to anyone besides myself. Other believers would tell you the same. So if you're looking for your evidence from me...or others...you're in for a long wait. :smile:

Mormonism, by the way, provides an answer to your statement/question above. If there is a Spirit World one would NOT expect that this world would be homogeneous. That is, there are going to be folks/spirits that are of many different persuasions of belief/knowledge/understanding...connected directly with what they believed/understood here on earth.

But yeah, I think that Mormonism stands as great a chance as any system of understanding/belief...if not more so...of being the template/ways and means that leads towards eternal life in God's Kingdom.

I understand that your mileage may vary. That's cool.

Regards,
MG
_cwald
_Emeritus

Post by _cwald »

mentalgymnast wrote:I can't prove it ... Other believers would tell you the same. So if you're looking for your evidence from me...or others...you're in for a long wait. :smile:

MG

I would just like to compliment MG on admitting that he has no evidence, none whatsoever, to back up his religious beliefs. I think that takes some guts. It's not admirable, in my opinion, but at least he doesn't pretend to have any evidence let alone scientific evidence or whatever to back up his beliefs, unlike many of my LDS family and friends. Thanks for being honest about it MG.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Beer makes you feel the way you ought to feel without beer. -- Henry Lawson
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

moksha wrote:
D&C 88:40
40 ... judgment goeth before the face of him who sitteth upon the throne and governeth and executeth all things.
There beeth a certaineth poetry to the D&C. Can scienceth sayth the same withouth a lisp?
Timothy relates as he witnesses St. Paul in action. Paul speaks in “ye olde” when he quotes the voluminous Christ. Timothy remarks that when Saul of Tarsus meets the Christ vidal-cover-live from golgothaghost, he converts to a religion that Saul/Paul himself had not yet founded. People are consistently disappointed to learn that Christ weighed 400 lbs. and spoke with a lisp. “Why doth thou persecute-eth me-th?”
from https://hanshowe.org/category/books/ about gore vidal's book "The Gospel according to Gore Vidal"
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_Themis
_Emeritus

Post by _Themis »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Mormonism, by the way, provides an answer to your statement/question above.

There is an awful lot more incorrect answers out there then correct ones.