The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2017

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2017

Post by _Shulem »

Philo Sofee wrote:I was just getting ready to say Peterson has read about Shulem's discovery, and the LDS Egyptologists are gittin inta gear!!!!! Woo hoo.

Better hustle and get putting something together Shulem, the apologists are gonna twist it. Arm yerself, this is war

Perhaps Dr. Scratch needs to tweak The Top Ten Happenings in Mopologetics, 2017 while there is still time. The month is not over and the fat man has not sung. I hope the LDS church enjoys this Christmas present from Shulem! I'll shove it right down its throat!
_Symmachus
_Emeritus

Post by _Symmachus »

Doctor Scratch wrote:Perhaps, though bear in mind that Smoot is also using his Mopologist pulpit to basically slam the "Sister in Parowan," as it were: his argument is that rank-and-file Latter-day Saints are stupid / foolish / "lemmings" / "sheeple" for following the General Authorities' rules. It's yet another case of the Mopologists' trying to re-write LDS doctrine as it is delivered to us by the Prophets. Are the prohibitions against things like long hair, two earrings, and colored shirts stupid? Of course they are. But the criticism needs to be directed at the origin of those "rules," and not at the Saints who believe they are doing good by following them.

Smoot strikes me as quite typical of his generation. He is basically a hipster, so it's no surprise that he displays learned contempt for the ignorant among those of us in Parowan who aren't cool enough to learn Egyptian as an ironic gesture to fling in the face of Jeremy Runnells. I can easily imagine him reading Mark Depauw in priesthood: "what's that book about, Brother Smoot?"..."demotic papyrology; you've probably never heard of it." To be frank, he's not that different in his contempt than the hipsters at Faith Promoting Rumor (we Parownites love Alonzo Gaskill, so take your snarkasm and “F” off, assholes) or the morally earnest hipsters at By Common Consent.

Young Smoot may be growing up, however, as he is wisely no longer on Twitter (at least his profile is no longer available to those of us who aren't on Twitter).

In any case, let me not be ungrateful and instead join you all in toasting the excellent work of Dr. Scratch! Here's to another year of apologetic antics!
"As to any slivers of light or any particles of darkness of the past, we forget about them."

—B. Redd McConkie
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

Symmachus wrote:Smoot strikes me as quite typical of his generation. He is basically a hipster, so it's no surprise that he displays learned contempt for the ignorant among those of us in Parowan who aren't cool enough to learn Egyptian as an ironic gesture to fling in the face of Jeremy Runnells.

Hilarious! God, I needed that. Thank you.

Symmachus wrote:Here's to another year of apologetic antics!

Not to mention gaffes and boners!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

Once again professor, your work betrays a man with global reach and cultural sensitivity. Even though the school is struggling with its budget, I'm thinking Santa has got a big surprise in store for you this year. As in, pay raise? Bonus? Maybe some upgrades on the Gulfstream? You certainly deserve it. We've got a big push for the holiday drive this year, and seriously, your work is such a big selling point for the school, you're kind of the man at the center of it all, and so it's only fair that a dime or two on every dollar finds its way to your wallet. And indeed, what a fine wallet you have: handmade from the hides of cattle that roam the barbless pastures of Italy.

Your taste is on full display as always in your final words to see out another year. I suppose our audience isn't so surprised your style shines through as it does, but not everyone is aware that your works are heavily scrutinized by a world-class peer review system. I left nothing to chance this time, and picked five of our fiercest scholars myself to comb your submitted manuscript for 2017. You recognize most of these men as your good friends, and therefore, you know very well their capabilities. They were thrilled of course to scrutinize your paper and I'm sure some edifying phone conversations came out of that process for all of you. In the end, so careful were your methods that nothing was changed.
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.