Writer Tova Mirvis interviewed on Mormon stories.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_karl61
_Emeritus

Writer Tova Mirvis interviewed on Mormon stories.

Post by _karl61 »

Writer Tova Mirvis is interviewed by John Dehlin about being brought up as an orthodox Jew and her eventually questioning her orthodox faith. It's a super interview. In many ways you would think she is talking about the LDS community. If you don't have a lot of time, listen to the last 45 minutes on part 2. This podcast was a real treat and I really enjoyed it.

http://www.mormonstories.org/

Here is a review of her latest novel:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/lifestyle ... story.html
I want to fly!
_karl61
_Emeritus

Re: Writer Tova Mirvis interviewed on Mormon stories.

Post by _karl61 »

There is a part 3 now that is really good. There are so many times in the interview that you would think that she is talking about her experience leaving the LDS community but she is talking about leaving the orthodox Jewish community. She talks about how the community treated her when she decided to leave the orthodox life and then divorce her orthodox husband. It mirrors the stories told by LDS men and women who decided to the faith and how the community treats them when they see them in the market etc. People left remarks on youtube saying that they could listen to her forever. I agree.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
I want to fly!
_Kishkumen
_Emeritus

Post by _Kishkumen »

I look forward to listening to this. Thanks, karl61!
"Petition wasn’t meant to start a witch hunt as I’ve said 6000 times." ~ Hanna Seariac, LDS apologist
_Maureen
_Emeritus

Post by _Maureen »

I listened to this podcast and I agree, it's a great interview; so interesting.

M.
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are; because a could-be is a maybe who - is reaching for a star. I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far; for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are. - Milton Berle