Views on death

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Views on death

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

msnobody wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:What does one do when you're in the Presence?

- Doc

Join me and we’ll find out.

So, you don't have an answer. Cool.

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Franktalk
_Emeritus

Post by _Franktalk »

msnobody wrote:
We’ll all return to the dust of the ground. Some will be raised to eternal life and some will face the great white throne judgement spoken of in Revelation.

You might want to read over Revelation a few more times. The whole thing is symbolic. Use the Old Testament to solve some of it. Then take the inward path to find out the missing parts.

I did figure out about 10% but it took about ten years. The rest came from John's translation.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Franktalk wrote:
msnobody wrote:
We’ll all return to the dust of the ground. Some will be raised to eternal life and some will face the great white throne judgement spoken of in Revelation.

You might want to read over Revelation a few more times. The whole thing is symbolic. Use the Old Testament to solve some of it. Then take the inward path to find out the missing parts.

I did figure out about 10% but it took about ten years. The rest came from John's translation.

Did you click on my links?

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Franktalk
_Emeritus

Post by _Franktalk »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Did you click on my links?

- Doc

Sure did. And posted a comment.
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

[/quote]
Join me and we’ll find out.[/quote]

So, you don't have an answer. Cool.

- Doc[/quote]
Actually, I do. I think the Bible speaks more to what won't be in heaven. There will be worship, fellowship with God and others, no evil, meaningful satisfying work. Praise the Lord, no more CML or toxic drugs to treat it [mine added]. Will finally be at home. I'm sure I could probably add a few more things from Scripture, but won't because I'm feeling wiped out and have a cold.

Regardless, someone asked our view on death and I gave mine.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_msnobody
_Emeritus

Post by _msnobody »

Interestingly, it seems we agree that we all face death.
"The Lord is near to all who call on him, to all who call on him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear him; he also hears their cry and saves them.” Psalm 145:18-19 ESV
_Franktalk
_Emeritus

Post by _Franktalk »

msnobody wrote:Interestingly, it seems we agree that we all face death.

In some cases a spirit leaves before the death of the body. In some cases the spirit leaves and causes the death of the body. Just my opinion.