John Gee flogs the missing scroll theory, again.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Re: John Gee flogs the missing scroll theory, again.

Post by _RockSlider »

Shulem wrote:Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Sorry for the dumb question after all these years of not knowing.

What is actually written above his head?
_Quasimodo
_Emeritus

Post by _Quasimodo »

RockSlider wrote:
Shulem wrote:Fig. 2. King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Jumping in (apologies to Shulem), it says: King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Joe, reading from the Bible, thought Pharaoh was the King's name instead of the Egyptian word for "King." Translated, it means King King. Maybe it's one of the best proofs that JSjr was making it up as he went along.
This, or any other post that I have made or will make in the future, is strictly my own opinion and consequently of little or no value.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

RockSlider wrote:

"Label for Isis (text to the right of figure 2 of Facsimile No. 3): Isis the great, the god's mother."

Ritner, Robert K. (July 2003), "'The Breathing Permit of Hôr' Among the Joseph Smith Papyri", Journal of Near Eastern Studies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_appraisal_of_the_Book_of_Abraham
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Quasimodo wrote:Jumping in (apologies to Shulem), it says: King Pharaoh, whose name is given in the characters above his head.

Joe, reading from the Bible, thought Pharaoh was the King's name instead of the Egyptian word for "King." Translated, it means King King. Maybe it's one of the best proofs that JSjr was making it up as he went along.

Joseph Smith's incorrect usage of the word Pharaoh proved he didn't know what he was talking about and the anachronism clearly exposes him as a charlatan who thought he could fool his followers into thinking he was translating the long lost Egyptian language. The saints were amazed and credited Joseph Smith for once again handling the ancient Egyptian language as he did with the golden plates.

Really though, the term "King Pharaoh" is a ridiculous way to label a king of Egypt. It's unEgyptian and makes zero sense.
_RockSlider
_Emeritus

Post by _RockSlider »

So do I understand this correctly?

1. Joseph Smith's given label of 'king king' was a blunder in the first place.
2. King King's name, pointed to by Joseph Smith is "Isis the great, the god's mother."

So after all these years I can answer Paul's question: "what is the kings name?"

Isis the great, the god's mother, damnit
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

RockSlider wrote:So do I understand this correctly?

1. Joseph Smith's given label of 'king king' was a blunder in the first place.
2. King King's name, pointed to by Joseph Smith is "Isis the great, the god's mother."

So after all these years I can answer Paul's question: "what is the kings name?"

Isis the great, the god's mother, damnit

You got it. Joseph Smith's whacky explanations turn ancient Egypt on its head. Girls will be boys and gods will be slaves, it's a mixed up, muddled up, shook up world.

Lo lo lo lo Lola

:lol:
_Kevin Graham
_Emeritus

Post by _Kevin Graham »

I think I took care of the missing scroll theory several times in the past. One such example was documented here:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/563 ... ll-theory/
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Kevin Graham wrote:I think I took care of the missing scroll theory several times in the past. One such example was documented here:

http://www.mormondialogue.org/topic/563 ... ll-theory/

What was your number on the snout being removed from the lead printing plate?

1-10?

I've not been able to get you to speak up on that one.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Figure 1-4

1. Bishop overseeing the Saturday cleanup at the Luxor South Ward.
2. Aaronic Priesthood teacher
3. Aaronic Priesthood deacon
4. Young Men's President taking orders for a run to the McDonalds on West Nile Blvd.

Explanation - It is a typical cleanup, but the young Aaronic cleaners are careful not to erase any of the Reformed Egyptian writings proving that everything that will be later written in the Book of Abraham is 100% legit as a channeled translation.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

moksha wrote:Image
Figure 1-4

1. Bishop overseeing the Saturday cleanup at the Luxor South Ward.
2. Aaronic Priesthood teacher
3. Aaronic Priesthood deacon
4. Young Men's President taking orders for a run to the McDonalds on West Nile Blvd.

Explanation - It is a typical cleanup, but the young Aaronic cleaners are careful not to erase any of the Reformed Egyptian writings proving that everything that will be later written in the Book of Abraham is 100% legit as a channeled translation.

This is essentially what Joseph Smith did to Facsimile No. 3 when offering his wild and nut-job Explanations. The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are some of the most stupid statements to ever come out of the mouth of Mormonism. They are ridiculous, blasphemous, and absolutely without merit. The Mormons continue to shame the memory of the ancient Egyptians every day they continue to include those abominable things in their canon. The Mormon leaders are without shame. They have no courage. They have no mind to do what is right. They move ever onward in their own arrogant pride and thumb their noses to the world. I will continue to slam the Mormon church regarding Facsimile No. 3 for the rest of my life. I have regard for ancient history and have respect for the memory of the ancient Egyptians. The Mormons do not and neither does Gee. He is a traitor and a disgrace to his craft. Protecting the false translations of Egyptian Mormonism is like wrapping turds in gift paper or serving turds for food at a banquet. The Mormons really are a despicable people for allowing this nonsense to continue for as long as it has.

Shame on the Mormons! You damned liars!

:mad: