It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Split from "In Between Conference Sessions."
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:01 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
How does one derail one of MG's threads like he has done to countless others?

Post has been reported as off topic.

BTW, you have the right to do the same thing...report me, that is... if you think I've ever actually done the same thing.

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

Post subject: Re: In Between Conference Sessions.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:44 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Are there any other mods besides Dr. Shades these days?

I have no idea how that works. I sent multiple reports on this thread since it was derailed detailing exactly what I see as the dangers of this sort of thing continually happening. It is, for all intents and purposes, gang rape...in a figurative sense. Organized and collaborative efforts to drive off and kill alternate voices. I've honestly never seen anything like what I've observed for a good period of time now. I've mentioned it over and over again, to no avail. Very few active members of the church are willing to participate here because they will be attacked/mauled if they challenged the status quo. Hate will be expressed, in literal terms. The other day, fortunately, Shades deleted a long list of pejorative descriptors aimed at me. I do appreciate that. Some folks are given a pass, others aren't. Fewer and fewer active LDS folks are given any kind of leeway at all to express their own thoughts without being ridiculed and lambasted with often filthy innuendo.

Moderators, enough is enough. This place is already an echo chamber. Has been for a long while now. Do you want to see the board a victim of gang rape mentality?

Yes, I can just leave. Others have. I can understand why, more than ever now. I haven't left up to this point because I thought there was some hope of a bit of flexibility/forgiveness, and the like between various factions...well, two factions...the believers and the non believers. Very little of that. Even from one or two folks that claim to be Christian. It's a mess.

Fix it moderators or watch the board devolve completely into a one voice, one vote board. Do you want to see that? To a large extent, this has already happened.

BTW, Zerinus is treated VERY unfairly. He's just as opinionated as many others here and speaks his voice, but he's jumped on, called names, and he doesn't deserve THAT.

In many ways, this place has indeed become a cesspool lacking in the expression of free thought and opinion. When you have people like Paul Osborn, DocCam, grindael, lemmie, and the like who actually disdain Mormonism to the extent that they will vilify and make every effort to discredit the believers...even using lying tactics and incomplete or out of context comments to create false narratives, strawmen, etc. Often calling them idiots, to paraphrase...how can conversation really take place under those conditions.

I wouldn't expect Christian behavior from folks that don't claim a belief in God or practice Christian beliefs/principles, but civil behavior would be welcome. Anyway, I've said enough. I will be berated for having said my piece. I will have my words twisted. My intent/motivation will be skewered and misstated, etc. What to do? Good question.

At this point, alternatives are very limited for me or almost any other believer that comes onto this board. Unless they're willing to acquiesce and be politically correct in whatever they say and do. It may be time, and I know I have said it before...you don't have to remind me...to find another venue to express myself in that is more civil/decent and not so prone to the gang rape mentality that has become par for the course here.

Adeiu,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

Last edited by mentalgymnast on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: In Between Conference Sessions.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:24 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
When you have people like Paul Osborn, DocCam, grindael, lemmie, and the like who actually disdain Mormonism to the extent that they will vilify and make every effort to discredit the believers...
Mental loves to argue this, as though somehow it excuses his behavior. Let me reiterate, my objections to mentalgymnast's posts have absolutely nothing to do with the religion he defends. My objections to his posts are solely based on his intellectual dishonesty, his propensity to troll, and his lying and obfuscating when he makes a statement he cannot support.
mentalymnast wrote:
I've honestly never seen anything like what I've observed for a good period of time now.
Except that's not true, is it? Your posts as far back as 2008 argue exactly the same thing, and this has been verified multiple times. You have been trolling this board with identical complaints for well over a decade.
mentalgymnast wrote:
Moderators, enough is enough. This place is already an echo chamber. Has been for a long while now. Do you want to see the board a victim of gang rape mentality?
This is obscene. Are you actually equating yourself with a gang rape victim?