It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Copyright Question for Shades
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:52 am 
God

Hey Dr. Shades,

There is some weird stuff going on.

Go here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47022&start=63

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47010&start=84

Can another poster steal/copy my original content/writing...make it their own...and then actually copyright it?

This sounds really flaky. I'm assuming it's a joke of some kind? Weird.

What's the deal? Are you cool with this?

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

Post subject: Re: Copyright Question for Shades
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:05 am 
God

MG equals wa wa wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sniff sniff wa wa sniff

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:00 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
Hey Dr. Shades,

Go here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47022&start=63

and here:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=47010&start=84

Can another poster steal/copy my original content/writing...make it their own...and then actually copyright it?

This sounds really flaky. I'm assuming it's a joke of some kind? Weird.

What's the deal? Are you cool with this?

Regards,
MG

*bump

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:13 pm 
God

Tator wrote:
MG equals wa wa wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sniff sniff wa wa sniff

Did Doctor CamNC4Me do anything wrong? C'mon, you probably read the threads in question over the last few weeks. Is it appropriate for someone to intentionally steal someone else's original content/words and then make them their own through some kind of silly/wacko supposed and/or purported copyright that they then attach to their posts where they are using my exact words? Repeatedly.

Are you cool with that? If it was me doing it to one of you folks, would that create an issue around here? :wink:

Your original response doesn't give me much hope that you will/can understand where I'm coming from.

But it can't hurt to try.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:03 pm 
Stake High Council

How long after the alleged infringement have you found it?
Did you formally register copyright? Needed if you pursue legal action which is in Federal Court.
Has the individual who allegedly infringes formally registered copyright?

If you are actually worried check with an IP attorney. If their is actually a case, nail his/her ass to the cross big time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 pm 
God

SuperDell wrote:
Did [he] formally register copyright?

That is the question I would like to have answered by Doctor CamNC4Me.

And if he did, how does he get around the fact that he stole my exact content/words and then made them his own?

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:16 pm 
God

SuperDell wrote:
If there is actually a case...

:rolleyes: there actually is not. mental is parody-impaired.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:29 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
SuperDell wrote:
If there is actually a case...

Why did you accuse me of doing something illegal? Part of the 'game'?

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:32 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:

That's the short list.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 pm 
God

Jersey Girl wrote:
Lemmie wrote:

That's the short list.

What took you so long to show up this time around?

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:32 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:

What took you so long to show up this time around?

Regards,
MG

Lack of interest.

Stay close to the people who feel like sunlight ~ Arsu Shaikh

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:43 pm 
God

Lemmie wrote:
mental is parody-impaired.

Why did you accuse me of doing something illegal? Part of the 'game'?

Regards,
MG

*bump

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:56 pm 
Founder & Visionary

mentalgymnast wrote:
Hey Dr. Shades,

Go here:

http://mormondiscussions.com/phpBB3/vie ... 2&start=63

He quoted you without putting your name into the "Quote" tag. It was probably an oversight. In any event, he didn't claim to have copyrighted it.

Quote:

That was you quoting him, not the other way around. So no harm done.

Quote:

Not legally. Fortunately, that didn't happen here.

Quote:
Are you cool with this?

It would've been preferable if he had been conscientious enough to put your name into the quote tag, but on the list of sins that are regularly committed on this board, it's quite far down the list.

--Kishkumen, 10-10-2017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:38 am 
God

MG, do you have a similar question about KJV content appearing in the Book of Mormon? If not, why not?

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:21 am 
the very elect

I have a question wrote:
MG, do you have a similar question about KJV content appearing in the Book of Mormon? If not, why not?

MG: Because my TBM wife won't let me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:29 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
He quoted you without putting your name into the "Quote" tag. It was probably an oversight. In any event, he didn't claim to have copyrighted it.

If we're talking about this quote from MG's first link:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
I love how all the believers get reeeeeeeally legalistic when it comes to their god. Lol. It's awesome.

Quote:
Well... Prayer works and it doesn't. The bigger context is, or rather, the real context is that the church is 100% true and priesthood leaders are blameless. So, yeah, it may look like certain scriptures or historical acts don't mean what we say they do, when you compare them to other scriptures or contemporaneous events, but if you zoom out to see the bigger context, that the church is true, you'll see that they mean exactly what we say they do. Just ask any of my chosen apologists. Anyway. Prayer works.

I am the Lord thy God. Your ways are not my ways.

- Legalistic Mormon Jesus

I quoted Legalistic Mormon Jesus, not MG. MG never made that statement. What a bizarre thing to link for some crazy reason...

Anyway, in the spirit of expanding our minds, exploring nuance, and really growing as people I'd like MG to stick to the topic and engage in thought provoking intellectual exchange. TY in advance.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:33 am 
God

Dr Shades wrote:
...but on the list of sins that are regularly committed on this board, it's quite far down the list.

apologies to Doc, I promise to get back on topic, I just wanted to respond:

Dr Shades,

You are far too kind and patient with all of your motley crew, here! As usual, thank you for your level-headed moderation and your willingness to discuss it with us all . :cool:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:34 am 
God

Back to business:
Quote:
Anyway, in the spirit of expanding our minds, exploring nuance, and really growing as people I'd like MG to stick to the topic and engage in thought provoking intellectual exchange. TY in advance.

- Doc

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:40 am 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
Hey Dr. Shades,

Dr. Shades wrote:

He quoted me over and over again. No attribution. With a copyright notice on almost if not every post. No oversight.

Although it IS an oversight on your part that you haven't/didn't recognize it and you're avoiding the fact that he did what he did.

MG wrote:

Dr. Shades wrote:
Not legally. Fortunately, that didn't happen here.

My content/writing was used time after time by Doctor CamNC4Me, and if I'm not mistaken, others also. Although my beef is with him. No attribution. No quote tag providing the information that the quote was actually a copy and paste of my words.

MG wrote:
Are you cool with this?

Dr. Shades wrote:
It would've been preferable if he had been conscientious enough to put your name into the quote tag, but on the list of sins that are regularly committed on this board, it's quite far down the list.

I believe that it is inappropriate for another poster to copy and paste content/writing as though it were his own and then put a copyright notice at the bottom of his post each time that he does it directly implicating that the content/writing is his.

You are playing the patsy, Shades. Until now, I thought it was possible that you might and/or could be fair and balanced. I am now seriously questioning that assumption. Of course, that should come as no surprise. You are beating the same drum as the majority of others on this board. In fact, you're the drum major...lest we forget.

As I said earlier, if I had done the same thing it would have created a fire storm. You are turning a blind eye. Shame on you.

And the fact is, Doctor CamNC4Me has not denied that he did what he did. He has simply tried to deflect. Shame on him.

My guess, however, is that there are folks here that feel no shame.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:49 am 
God

Lemmie wrote:
Dr Shades wrote:
...but on the list of sins that are regularly committed on this board, it's quite far down the list.

apologies to Doc, I promise to get back on topic, I just wanted to respond:

Dr Shades,

You are far too kind and patient with all of your motley crew, here! As usual, thank you for your level-headed moderation and your willingness to discuss it with us all . :cool:

Lemmie wrote:
Back to business:
Quote:

- Doc

You're too funny, Lemmie. Look at the OP. Look who started it. This isn't Doc's thread. I am sticking to the OP. You're the one derailing it.

Sheesh.

If Shades is the drum major, you are one of the majorettes. But you dropped the baton on this one.

Not the first time. :wink:

MG

Last edited by mentalgymnast on Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 am 
God

Quoting MG again, "Wa wa wa wa wa wa waaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa sniff sniff wa wa sniff."

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 220 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11  Next