It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Here's to mythical Jesus
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:23 pm 
Holy Ghost

I salute you mythical Jesus, I raise my third IPA of the night to you, my crash test dummy, my mythical get out of jail free card, my imaginary friend. You suffered, according to myth, more than any mythical hero could have suffered, by definition, so that your father could have the mythical power to forgive his children, that he created, of their mythical sins, created by the very real priest class who have designs on any power they can have over the rest of us. Thank you even though I imagine you as paratrooper Jesus (as long as we are imagining) with a high powered automatic weapon, ready to rain down holy terror on thy father's enemies, in thy mercy, with all humble superiority.

Post subject: Re: Here's to mythical Jesus
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:26 pm 
God

you sure that was not the fourth ipa?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:36 pm 
Holy Ghost

RockSlider wrote:
you sure that was not the fourth ipa?

It might have been the 2nd .... can't remember .... :razz:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:48 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
I salute you mythical Jesus, I raise my third IPA of the night to you, my crash test dummy, my mythical get out of jail free card, my imaginary friend. You suffered, according to myth, more than any mythical hero could have suffered, by definition, so that your father could have the mythical power to forgive his children, that he created, of their mythical sins, created by the very real priest class who have designs on any power they can have over the rest of us. Thank you even though I imagine you as paratrooper Jesus (as long as we are imagining) with a high powered automatic weapon, ready to rain down holy terror on thy father's enemies, in thy mercy, with all humble superiority.

I have heard this image.

Discard.

Perhaps a different image. A person driven to inspire people to recreate humanity in a form worthy of respect. People free of the power of manipulative priests by being able to trust their own genuine worth. No get out of free card (something sold by leaders requiring you to pay more) but instead providing leaven to to help people grow into their true potential. Jesus suffered but others have suffered like him. He did not purchase a strength for God to forgive but shared with us an example to help us become worth forgiving.

Though religious manipulators point to fake sins to control people we need to overcome our real evil. It is a march toward freedom. Those who control others with false manipulation, force, lies and removing self worth may experience Jesus as an enemy stealing their victims. and

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:32 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Exiled wrote:
I salute you mythical Jesus, I raise my third IPA of the night to you, . . .

Dude, isopropyl alcohol is very toxic. You need to STOP drinking that stuff right now.

--Kishkumen, 10-10-2017

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:49 am 
Holy Ghost

Thanks for the tip, will do :biggrin:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:07 am 
God

Ipa drew a blank for me. Perhaps I was thinking in wrong catagories. Checking the knowitall machine I find I have encountered the stuff.
What Does IPA Stand For?

IPA stands for India Pale Ale. As we’ll see in a moment, India played an important role in the creation of IPA. It’s not the country that invented the brew, though.
How Was IPA Invented?

IPA was allegedly invented by the British during their efforts to colonize India. Again and again, the beer they sent their troops failed to endure the sea voyage all the way around the cape of Africa. Extreme temperatures and prolonged storage without the benefits of refrigeration were less than ideal conditions for transporting beer. As a result, it kept spoiling on the trip. The British had two tools to work with: alcohol and hops. Both of these work as preservatives. According to legend, it was George Hodgson of East London’s Bow Brewery who eventually created the first IPA. It was bitter and highly alcoholic, but it could make the long ocean trip.

Breweries eventually sprung up in more locations. Refrigeration was invented. The original hurdles IPA was created to clear were no longer an issue. IPA has stuck around, however. It has even gathered its own pack of diehard fans.
IPA Today

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 am 
God

Dr. Shades wrote:
Exiled wrote:
I salute you mythical Jesus, I raise my third IPA of the night to you, . . .

Dude, isopropyl alcohol is very toxic. You need to STOP drinking that stuff right now.

Shades,

Umm, if you were serious here, IPA beer is not the same as isopropyl alcohol.

"Joseph's book is a great deal more useful to a student of the intellectual preoccupations and the folkways of New York State in the third decade of the nineteenth century than to a scholar who would reconstruct the pre-Columbian history of America."
Dale Morgan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:56 pm 
Holy Ghost

I took it as to quit buzz posting.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:20 pm 
God

Exiled wrote:
I took it as to quit buzz posting.

Been there done that! I've posted some really nasty stuff while taking shots and sipping drinks.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:59 pm 
Holy Ghost

Shulem wrote:
Been there done that! I've posted some really nasty stuff while taking shots and sipping drinks.

:lol:

I should've raised my glass to you my friend .... or at least to facsimile 3 and the sh!$y explanations / non-explanations given

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:08 pm 
Founder & Visionary

Fence Sitter wrote:
Shades,

Umm, if you were serious here, IPA beer is not the same as isopropyl alcohol.

He didn't say he was drinking "IPA beer," whatever that is. He said he was drinking "IPA," which is the accepted acronym for isopropyl alcohol.

--Kishkumen, 10-10-2017

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:38 am 
the very elect

Apparently, Vernal Utah has a new brewery in town!

http://www.vernalbrewingco.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 am 
Holy Ghost

Shades: you need to get out more. IPA's are pretty tasty.