It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:57 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Florida temples
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:19 am 
God

Will hurricane Irma damage the LDS temples in Florida?

We shall know this weekend! I think secret handshakes will no longer be practiced in the state of Florida for quite some time.

Post subject: Re: Florida temples
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:17 am 
Dragon

I hear the Mar-A-Lago Temple is in the crosshairs of IRMA... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:17 pm 
God

watch out for all those orange groves and grapefruit trees the church owns- lots of "orangejuice sorry you made me cry" laments.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:58 pm 
God

It is instances like this that I really wish the priesthood and power of God such as the myth that Enoch practiced by moving mountains and rivers, was real and useable. It would be really nice if someone could move that storm out to sea and no one.....NO ONE gets hurt or loses anything, but God chooses to ignore helping out. That ain't worth worshipping a so-called "loving" being. Loving would mean LOVING, and HELPING, and NOT allowing misery, destruction and death. The theology of "God is love," dies with hurricanes, earthquakes, and fires. I would absolutely LOVE to see a real miracle with this, but we won't. At least in that God is stupdily and unfortunately predictable, and to his damnation for all of it. A God who chooses not to do something cannot be a "loving" God. That God loves you is theology is a lie.

"Science believes in accountability here and now. Religion believes in it in the hereafter." - Maksutov

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:12 pm 
Nursery

Have you considered that these storms might be part of the natural disasters God is visiting on this nation? God has decreed wars, earthquakes and calamity upon the earth in our day.

Quote:
Verily, verily, I say unto you, darkness covereth the earth, and gross darkness the minds of the people, and all flesh has become corrupt before my face. Behold, vengeance cometh speedily upon the inhabitants of the earth, a day of wrath, a day of burning, a day of desolation, of weeping, of mourning, and of lamentation; and as a whirlwind it shall come upon all the face of the earth, saith the Lord. And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord; first among those among you, saith the Lord, who have professed to know my name and have not known me, and have blasphemed against me in the midst of my house, saith the Lord.

(D&C 112:23-25)

Jesus foretold such events in Matthew 24: “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."

In our day the Lord also said:

Quote:
For after your testimony cometh the testimony of earthquakes, that shall cause groanings in the midst of her, and men shall fall upon the ground and shall not be able to stand. And also cometh the testimony of the voice of thunderings, and the voice of lightnings, and the voice of tempests, and the voice of the waves of the sea heaving themselves beyond their bounds. And all things shall be in commotion; and surely, men’s hearts shall fail them; for fear shall come upon all people.

(D&C 88:89–91).

Also part of prophecy is that when these things come upon the wicked at the last days, that they will not repent as they did in ancient times, but would instead “curse God and die." In that day “calamity shall cover the mocker, and the scorner shall be consumed." (D&C 45:50)

Mormon also saw the suffering of his people and had hope that they might repent. But that hope was vain, he wrote, “for their sorrowing was not unto repentance, because of the goodness of God; but it was rather the sorrowing of the damned, because the Lord would not always suffer them to take happiness in sin." (Mormon 2:13-14)

You berate God for allowing these things to happen because you don't believe he may be bringing these things upon us because of our iniquities.

Yet the church is not content to let these things happen and do nothing. The LDS Newsroom reports:

Quote:
Every year, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints provides emergency assistance to people all over the world affected by natural disasters, war and famine. Within hours of a disaster, the Church works with local government officials to determine what supplies and food are needed. Those suffering from loss are helped regardless of nationality or religion.

During 2012, the Church provided victims of 104 disasters in 52 countries with hundreds of thousands of pounds of food, water, clothing, medical supplies, hygiene kits and other relief items. In addition, local Church leaders organized thousands of member volunteers to distribute aid and assist those affected by these disasters, with over 1.3 million volunteer hours of service donated (worth an estimated $28 million).

These calamities are coming upon us for a reason. They are intended to bring the wicked to repentance and test the compassion of the Lord's people. That's the context we ought to be seeing these things in. We ought to be the ones changing, not God. We're way beyond Him allowing these things to happen.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:26 pm 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:
These calamities are coming upon us for a reason. They are intended to bring the wicked to repentance and test the compassion of the Lord's people. That's the context we ought to be seeing these things in. We ought to be the ones changing, not God. We're way beyond Him allowing these things to happen.

Aiming large weather disturbances at large swaths of a particular US coast, to indiscriminately kill and destroy the lives and property of both 'wicked' and not-so-wicked folks - while sparing gobs of really wicked folks all over everywhere else - is supposed to bring only the wicked people to repentance?

You do see why this doesn't make much sense, yes?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:12 pm 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:
Have you considered that these storms might be part of the natural disasters God is visiting on this nation? God has decreed wars, earthquakes and calamity upon the earth in our day.

Natural disasters have been a continuous part of the earth's economy on a regular basis for millions of years. Natural disasters are NOT a special sign for anything because it's simply part of the regular cycle that the earth's climate experiences on a global bases. The wierdo Jesus was simply trying to scare people with thoughts of terror. The man was a spiritual terrorist.

God? You mean the bible God? Silly, silly, silly. He's nothing but the shadow in a dark corner or the monster under your bed.

SonOfZeus wrote:
Jesus foretold such events in Matthew 24: “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows."

Jesus wasn't saying anything new. Those things are a natural process by which this earth has continued for millions of years and will for millions more to come. "Beginning"? Just goes to show how ignorant Jesus was. The man didn't even know about germs and told people they didn't need to wash their hands. Screw Jesus. He's been dead for 2000 years and is never coming back. He's history.

Screw your church. I will not repent of the sins of which your church accuses me of. I hate your church and I hate your religion. I hate your church for fighting against gay marriage!

Screw Jesus. He's dead and never coming back. You can bet your money on that fact!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:59 pm 
Nursery

Joseph Smith said when the calamities came upon the earth that even the righteous would “hardly escape." He added that many of the them would suffer because of the wicked, but that those who died would be saved in the kingdom of God. What's more, these are as nothing compared to what's coming. The first two world wars affected both the righteous and the wicked; so did the Great Depression, and there's an even worse depression in our future.

Also, have you ever heard of the Carrington Event? It was a solar electromagnetic pulse (EMP) storm that knocked out all the telegraphs in the country in 1859. Had it happened yesterday, today (if you lived in the U.S.), you would have no power and therefore no air conditioning, heating; planes would crash, highways would become parking lots, your medications would become unavailable, not to mention all your food stores. (President Benson said having our food supplies may be as important to us as boarding the Ark was to Noah.) Your refrigerators no longer would work and there would be no emergency services.

Orson Pratt and others said the day would come when civil war would rage in American cities, farms would be vacated and that the saints would gather to places of refuge throughout the country. This is why the prophets spoke of who would abide the day of the Lord's coming. There wouldn't be many. Also, check out Ezekiel 38-39. This is the last great battle of our time -- Armageddon, John called it. In chapter 39, mark how many times the prophet mentions the Jews and in what context. He repeatedly stresses how they had been gathered out of the nations of the world and that they had been driven there because of their wickedness and their transgressions as a people. (Nephi I specifically said it was for rejecting the Messiah.) The point of this chapter is to note that the massive military campaign against Jerusalem is not challenged by any outside power. Had the U.S. been a power to be reckoned with, it would have been a player in defending Israel. Since its not, and since the battle happens after the gathering of Israel, something must have removed the U.S. from being a world power. That indicates to me a catastrophic event; otherwise, what else can remove a superpower from being one?

The ability of this regional power to be able to march on Jerusalem without an awesome military response from that country, or the U.S., not only indicates that the U.S. will be out of the picture, but that Israel will be without nuclear arms.

Ultimately, those who will be be saved in our day will be those who are actively living righteous lives. But many of the righteous will perish because the nation they lived in were wicked. All we know is that the righteous need not fear. We also know that when all of it is over and we see everything in context, that every knee shall bend and every tongue will confess Christ.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:39 am 
the very elect

Too bad Irma isn't a biblical female name...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:46 am 
God

Look Joseph Smith taught Jesus will come back after a year with no rainbows. As rainbows are the refraction of light through water droplets this means a year after all the water has boiled off the planet, or the sun has burned out. Either way I recon a couple of billion years.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:22 am 
Seedy Academician

SonOfZeus wrote:
Have you considered that these storms might be part of the natural disasters God is visiting on this nation?

I was hoping you would say, "the natural disasters Zeus is visiting on this nation." Now, that would have been AWESOME.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:16 am 
First Presidency

Gotta hand it to God. He keeps on killing his children with storms, earthquakes and other occurrences. But of course he randomly kills some of us because he loves us. So we should all get on our knees and thank him for all the killing, in his mercy of course.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:37 am 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:
Ultimately, those who will be be saved in our day will be those who are actively living righteous lives. But many of the righteous will perish because the nation they lived in were wicked. All we know is that the righteous need not fear. We also know that when all of it is over and we see everything in context, that every knee shall bend and every tongue will confess Christ.

It's this type of thinking that people like the Westburo Baptist Church use to justify protesting at the funerals of our military heroes.

It was this kind of thinking that led Mormon's to massacre about 120 men, women and children at Mountain Meadows.

Way to make victims feel even worse.

"Joseph's book is a great deal more useful to a student of the intellectual preoccupations and the folkways of New York State in the third decade of the nineteenth century than to a scholar who would reconstruct the pre-Columbian history of America."
Dale Morgan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:04 am 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:

Threats from Jehovah, Moses, Christ, and Joseph Smith to kill those who refuse to conform to their religious rules and dogma are nothing new. Religions have played the terroristic card for thousands of years. They threaten those who refuse to yield to their so-called righteous terms with death and destruction.

The Mormons are simply another terroristic cult spitting out hateful threats from their scriptures against those who do not ascribe to their mode of conduct. Mormons love to have murder in their hearts as they take pleasure in the idea of their god coming back to kill us wicked people. They anxiously await their god to come kill us wicked people, to be burned and strewn out over the land as the Mormons happily continue to built their fantasy cult.

Mormons are a polygamous cult whether they practice it or not.

Mormonism is a disease. Joseph Smith was a predator and a false prophet. His prophecies are total failure. The temple in Missouri was not built and there will never be a temple in Missouri with a cloud and pillar. Jesus is not returning. These are not the last days.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:06 am 
God

Polygamy-Porter wrote:
Too bad Irma isn't a biblical female name...

I forgot your new name! What was it again?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:28 am 
God

My temple-name-hurricane was a nasty one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Isaac_(2012)

#prayerdidntworkthattimeeither

- Doc

In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 am 
Dragon

Quote:
But many of the righteous will perish because the nation they lived in were wicked. All we know is that the righteous need not fear.

...the RIGHTEOUS WILL PERISH .... BUT NEED NOT FEAR... ????? :lol:

What a crock of ____. EVERY SINGLE thing that Mormon "prophets" have said has never come to pass. To believe in their BS is simply idiotic. They gave SPECIFIC timeframes for all of it and IT HAS PASSED. But stupid people take all that out of context and transport it all to some future day. It's dishonest and stupid. Welcome to the stupid Mormon mindset folks...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:57 am 
Dragon

Quote:

Actually, what Jesus said was this:

Quote:
Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory... Truly I tell you, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened...

He fails to mention they would happen again AFTER that "generation" died. Mormon "prophets" make the same mistake.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:07 pm 
Dragon

Joseph Smith... thinking he was Jesus or something...

Quote:
And now I am prepared to say by the authority of Jesus Christ, that not many years shall pass away before the United States shall present such [p. 17] a scene of bloodshed as has not a parallel in the hystory of our nation pestalence hail famine and earthquake will sweep the wicked of this generation from off the face of this Land to open and prepare the way for the return of the lost tribes of Israel from the north country—The people of the Lord, those who have complied with the requsitions of the new covenant have already commenced gathering together to Zion which is in the State of Missouri. Therefore I declare unto you the warning which the lord has commanded me to declare unto this generation, rembring [remembering] that the eyes of my maker are upon me and that to him I am accountabl for evry word I say wishing nothing worse to my fellow men then their eternal salvation therefore fear God, and give glory to him for the hour of his Judgment is come, Repent ye Repent, ye and imbrace the everlasting Covenant and flee to Zion before the overflowing scourge overtake you, For there are those now living upon the earth whose eyes shall not be closed in death until they see all these things which I have spoken fulfilled Remember these things, call upon the Lord while he is near and seek him while he may be found is the exhortation of your unworthy servant Joseph Smith Jr

To N. E. Sextan [Noah C. Saxton]

Because Saxton didn't publish Smith's ENTIRE tedious and boring letter, he wrote him back and said...

Quote:
To N C Sexton [Noah C. Saxton]

Rochester

Dear sir

I was somewhat disappointed on receiving my paper with only a part of my letter inserted in that it. The letter which I wrote you for publication I wrote by the [p. 27] commandment of God, and I am quite anxious to have it all laid before the public for it is of importance to them,

And IT WAS ALL WRONG, and NEVER HAPPENED. This is Mormon "prophets" folks. WRONG EVERY TIME.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:15 pm 
God

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
My temple-name-hurricane was a nasty one:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Isaac_(2012)

#prayerdidntworkthattimeeither

- Doc

Hey, I think you have the same name as poster, Gadianton, the Hermit. Remember, you must never reveal it. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:03 pm 
Nursery

The prophecy Joseph Smith made regarding the rainbow is taken from the History of the Church. Smith wrote:

Quote:
The Lord hath set the bow in the cloud for a sign that while it shall be seen, seed time and harvest, summer and winter shall not fail; but when it shall disappear, woe to that generation, for behold the end cometh quickly. (Volume 5, p.402)

And:

Quote:
I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, “In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year: but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant." (Volume 6, p.254)

It could be that there will not be sufficient moisture in the atmosphere for a rainbow to naturally occur in the year of the Lord's coming. If Yellowstone were to blow, or other volcanic activity occurred, enough dust and other debris could be thrown into the air to re-tard the formation of rainbows. The prophets also have said that before these things occur, that the saints would be gathered to places of refuge. If so, I suspect this prophecy would be localized to where the Lord's people are as it's a sign that will be given to them; however, it may be worldwide, too, I don't know. But I suspect the prophecy will be fulfilled. It doesn't mean there will be no light diffraction that year, just that rainbows will not occur as a sign.

When the serious cleansing occurs, the people will be gathered and from the earliest days we've been told these places of refuge would be comprised of both members and nonmembers of the Church (the only requirement will be that they comply with the laws of the communities). During this time the wicked will be swept off the land to the extent that the hearts of the righteous would go out to them; nevertheless, it's a process that must be fulfilled. It's part of the price that must be paid for letting the wheat and tares grow together for such a long period of time.

Regarding the destruction and the gathering, Joseph Smith said:

Quote:
“For God will not always be mocked and not pour out his wrath upon those that blaspheme his holy name, for the sword, famines and destruction will soon overtake them in their wild career, for God will avenge, and pour out his vials of wrath, and save his elect.

“And all those who will obey his commandments are his elect, and he will soon gather them from the four winds of heaven, from one quarter of the earth to the other, to a place whithersoever he will; therefore, in your patience possess ye your souls.”

(Epistle from Joseph Smith and John Whitmer to the Saints in Colesville, New York, Dec. 2, 1830)

One also has to remember that death isn't the punishment. That comes later, and some of the righteous also will perish. Smith wrote:

Quote:
“(I) explained concerning the coming of the Son of Man; also that it is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and ‘the righteous shall hardly escape’ [see D&C 63:34]; still many of the Saints will escape, for the just shall live by faith; yet many of the righteous shall fall a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of the flesh, and yet be saved in the Kingdom of God. So that it is an unhallowed principle to say that such and such have transgressed because they have been preyed upon by disease or death, for all flesh is subject to death; and the Savior has said, ‘Judge not, lest ye be judged.’” (History of the Church, 4:11)