It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Florida temples
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:01 pm 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:
The prophecy Joseph Smith made regarding the rainbow is taken from the History of the Church. Smith wrote:

Quote:
The Lord hath set the bow in the cloud for a sign that while it shall be seen, seed time and harvest, summer and winter shall not fail; but when it shall disappear, woe to that generation, for behold the end cometh quickly. (Volume 5, p.402)

And:

Quote:
I have asked of the Lord concerning His coming; and while asking the Lord, He gave a sign and said, “In the days of Noah I set a bow in the heavens as a sign and token that in any year that the bow should be seen the Lord would not come; but there should be seed time and harvest during that year: but whenever you see the bow withdrawn, it shall be token that there shall be famine, pestilence, and great distress among the nations, and that the coming of the Messiah is not far distant." (Volume 6, p.254)

It could be that there will not be sufficient moisture in the atmosphere for a rainbow to naturally occur in the year of the Lord's coming. If Yellowstone were to blow, or other volcanic activity occurred, enough dust and other debris could be thrown into the air to re-tard the formation of rainbows. The prophets also have said that before these things occur, that the saints would be gathered to places of refuge. If so, I suspect this prophecy would be localized to where the Lord's people are as it's a sign that will be given to them; however, it may be worldwide, too, I don't know. But I suspect the prophecy will be fulfilled. It doesn't mean there will be no light diffraction that year, just that rainbows will not occur as a sign.

When the serious cleansing occurs, the people will be gathered and from the earliest days we've been told these places of refuge would be comprised of both members and nonmembers of the Church (the only requirement will be that they comply with the laws of the communities). During this time the wicked will be swept off the land to the extent that the hearts of the righteous would go out to them; nevertheless, it's a process that must be fulfilled. It's part of the price that must be paid for letting the wheat and tares grow together for such a long period of time.

Regarding the destruction and the gathering, Joseph Smith said:

Quote:
“For God will not always be mocked and not pour out his wrath upon those that blaspheme his holy name, for the sword, famines and destruction will soon overtake them in their wild career, for God will avenge, and pour out his vials of wrath, and save his elect.

“And all those who will obey his commandments are his elect, and he will soon gather them from the four winds of heaven, from one quarter of the earth to the other, to a place whithersoever he will; therefore, in your patience possess ye your souls.”

(Epistle from Joseph Smith and John Whitmer to the Saints in Colesville, New York, Dec. 2, 1830)

One also has to remember that death isn't the punishment. That comes later, and some of the righteous also will perish. Smith wrote:

Quote:
“(I) explained concerning the coming of the Son of Man; also that it is a false idea that the Saints will escape all the judgments, whilst the wicked suffer; for all flesh is subject to suffer, and ‘the righteous shall hardly escape’ [see D&C 63:34]; still many of the Saints will escape, for the just shall live by faith; yet many of the righteous shall fall a prey to disease, to pestilence, etc., by reason of the weakness of the flesh, and yet be saved in the Kingdom of God. So that it is an unhallowed principle to say that such and such have transgressed because they have been preyed upon by disease or death, for all flesh is subject to death; and the Savior has said, ‘Judge not, lest ye be judged.’” (History of the Church, 4:11)

Joe Blow lying Smith said there is an Egyptian king's name given in the characters above the head in Facsimile No. 3 Fig. 2.

What is the name? ________________

Come on, Joe Blow Smith! What is the name? Joe Blow Smith the liar!

:twisted:

Post subject: Re: Florida temples
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:22 pm 
God

SonOfZeus wrote:
One also has to remember that death isn't the punishment. That comes later, and some of the righteous also will perish. Smith wrote:

:lol:

Do you really think I'm afraid of Mormon god?

:mad:

Mormon god is a child molester (romped in the hay with virgin Mary) and he's a mass murderer. He's a spider in a web, an evil spill of slime, a cancer of human thought -- nothing but make believe nonsense.

I rebuke Mormon god!

:evil: