A Test on The POWER of Prayer

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer

Post by _Shulem »

I have a question wrote:Of course they can be both right, on the basis that more than one religious sect can be true in Gods eyes.

Welcome to the reality of quantum physics. Truth be told, I'm not sure we are in reality. This is all some kind of dream playing itself out. Maybe we are in a matrix. Or a matrix within a matrix.

No one knows.
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

zerinus wrote:Talking rubbish as usual.

That's pretty much what the world (to inlcude billions of intelligent people) think about Mormonism. It's utter rubbish. Mormon truth claims are rubbish. The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are absolute rubbish.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Shulem wrote:

That's pretty much what the world (to inlcude billions of intelligent people) think about Mormonism. It's utter rubbish. Mormon truth claims are rubbish. The Explanations of Facsimile No. 3 are absolute rubbish.

Speaking of facsimiles... Have you ever written anything about the changes to Facsimile #2? Please see:

https://www.reddit.com/r/exmormon/comme ... _spot_the/

- Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Shulem wrote:

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Speaking of facsimiles... Have you ever written anything about the changes to Facsimile #2? Please see:

- Doc
I have long been curious about that. Sure, Fax3 Explanations are dead wrong. But the catalyst theory in a way explains that--the image and the symbols were just a touchstone for JSjr to receive the revelation that is the explanation. Silly as that is, it is a sliver of 0.00001% plausible. But how do they explain JSjr 'restoring' hieratics in the ring where the only intact portions had hieroglyphs, and that the hieratics JSjr added to lacunae portions were inverted in relation to the orientation of the hieroglyphs? Thinking of what JSjr did with Fax2, I am reminded of Forrest Gump's adage: "Stupid is as stupid does".
_Shulem
_Emeritus

Post by _Shulem »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Speaking of facsimiles... Have you ever written anything about the changes to Facsimile #2? Please see:

Joe Smith was known to brag about his ability to read Egyptian. You'd think that someone who reads Egyptian would do so right side up. Imagine the difficulty reading English upside down. All this of course is just proof on top of proof that Joe couldn't really read Egyptian but was merely faking his followers. Installing the missing hieroglyphs upside down as Joe did was a perfect example how he mishandled everything he touched.

Henry Halkett's notes, Clements library, Michigan; The Saga of the Book of Abraham; Jay M. Todd, p. 256,257 wrote: This is the handwriting of Abraham, that one is Moses. These are hieroglyphics, nobody can read them but myself. I can read all the writing and all the hieroglyphics.