It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:15 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:42 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
I have a question wrote:
How, specifically, can one reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one?
Not everyone can or will:

Matthew 7:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


But just because there are false ones, it does not logically follow that there can’t be true ones either.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:08 pm 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 11560
zerinus wrote:
I know it doesn’t. That is what is wrong with it. It fails to make a discussion where a distinction is required.


No distinction needed. You are a classic example of the problem. It's a horrible thing for one to think they should kill their son because they think God told them. It doesn't change the nature of the offense if there is some supernatural being behind it.

Quote:
Bad logic. You are saying that just because there are false gods and false religions, there cannot be true ones either; and obeying a true religion and a true God is just as bad as obeying a false one. That is just bad logic. The two are simply not the same.


Not sure why you are not smart enough to see I have not said because there are false God there cannot be true Gods. It's pure stupidity to come to this conclusion. I am commenting on even if a true God tells you to kill your son is doesn't change the nature of the offense. It certainly wouldn't be a good God.

_________________
42


Last edited by Themis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:19 pm
Posts: 8913
Location: Multiverse
The Soap Maker wrote:

Lol, the god of Abraham commanded Abraham to perform a human sacrifice! Yeah, yeah, I know - it was just a test. A sick, f***ed-up test.

When it comes to the tall tale of Abraham almost murdering his own son, I don't know which is more f***ed-up - that god told Abraham to do it or that Abraham almost did it. What a crazy story.


And people continue to defend it. That shows that we're one step from the Dark Ages. Cheerful thought. :wink:

_________________
"It is worth repeating--with drum roll, please: 'Without evidence what you say is worthless.' That is the vast chasm at play here on MormonDiscussions in almost all substantive disagreement." — SockPuppet


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:57 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
Themis wrote:
zerinus wrote:
I know it doesn’t. That is what is wrong with it. It fails to make a discussion where a distinction is required.
No distinction needed. You are a classic example of the problem. It's a horrible thing for one to think they should kill their son because they think God told them. It doesn't change the nature of the offense if there is some supernatural being behind it.
Quote:
Bad logic. You are saying that just because there are false gods and false religions, there cannot be true ones either; and obeying a true religion and a true God is just as bad as obeying a false one. That is just bad logic. The two are simply not the same.
Not sure why you are not smart enough to see I have not said because there are false God there cannot be true Gods. It's pure stupidity to come to this conclusion. I am commenting on even if a true God tells you to kill your son is doesn't change the nature of the offense. It certainly wouldn't be a good God.
So the bottom line is that you think you are smarter than God, even a true one. I don’t think so.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
Show a true god and then we will talk.

Why does god need a starship?

_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:36 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
There is no god but Allah, and Muhammed is his prophet.

_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 am 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am
Posts: 6374
zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:
How, specifically, can one reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one?
Not everyone can or will:

Matthew 7:

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.


But just because there are false ones, it does not logically follow that there can’t be true ones either.


You didn’t answer the question I asked.
How, specifically, can one reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one?
If you do not know then your claims about true and false religions are utterly untenable.

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:13 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
I have a question wrote:
You didn’t answer the question I asked.
How, specifically, can one reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one?
If you do not know then your claims about true and false religions are utterly untenable.
That is because your question has a hidden element in it which was not openly stated. Your question is worded as how to "reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one". But what you are really asking is, How can one reliably convey that information to convince you. That is what you are really asking. The answer to the stated question is that one can reliably differentiate between them by the power of the Holy Ghost. That is the only possible and sure way. But the answer to your unstated question is that no one can! I can know convincingly for myself which is God's only true church by the Holy Ghost; but neither I, nor anybody else can convey that knowledge so as to convince someone else. God has decreed that that kind of knowledge can only be conveyed directly by the power of the Holy Ghost, and never indirectly by someone other means. That is the answer to the question that you were really asking, but had not openly stated. So to summarize, we can only know by the power of the Holy Ghost which is God's true Church; and never indirectly through someone else. That explains why some people will never know, because they are unable to acquire the means by which they can know, which is by the power of the Holy Ghost.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Last edited by zerinus on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:29 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm
Posts: 4902
zerinus wrote:
That explains why some people will never know, because they are unable to acquire the means by which they can know, which is by the power of the Holy Ghost.


Wrong. I've done the Holy Ghost thing and the so-called manifestations that go along with it. Was a faithful Mormon for decades and felt the influence, power, and feelings of what you call: The Holy Ghost.

I know the Holy Ghost! Been there, done that. I've spent countless hours in the temples serving and knowing the operation of the so-called Holy Ghost.

I'm here to tell you, the Holy Ghost is NOT what we thought it was. As Mormons, we were fooled into thinking the Holy Ghost was THIS and THAT. Now that I've been further enlightened since leaving the cult I have a much better grasp and understanding of the Holy Ghost and enjoy the feelings and manifestations on a better level than I did while serving in the cult of Mormonism.

Go figure, zerinus. The Holy Ghost in my life makes better sense now and my eyes have a much better understanding. You're groveling in the dark trying to figure it all out. The light of the Holy Ghost gives you feelings of peace and wonder and so forth but it's all in your mind when you are trying to nail down so-called truths and absolutes. You're just playing with yourself. No pun intended.

_________________
"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the "slave" is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed." (zerinus)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:00 am 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
Shulem wrote:
Wrong. I've done the Holy Ghost thing and the so-called manifestations that go along with it. Was a faithful Mormon for decades and felt the influence, power, and feelings of what you call: The Holy Ghost.

I know the Holy Ghost! Been there, done that. I've spent countless hours in the temples serving and knowing the operation of the so-called Holy Ghost.

I'm here to tell you, the Holy Ghost is NOT what we thought it was. As Mormons, we were fooled into thinking the Holy Ghost was THIS and THAT. Now that I've been further enlightened since leaving the cult I have a much better grasp and understanding of the Holy Ghost and enjoy the feelings and manifestations on a better level than I did while serving in the cult of Mormonism.

Go figure, zerinus. The Holy Ghost in my life makes better sense now and my eyes have a much better understanding. You're groveling in the dark trying to figure it all out. The light of the Holy Ghost gives you feelings of peace and wonder and so forth but it's all in your mind when you are trying to nail down so-called truths and absolutes. You're just playing with yourself. No pun intended.
All that that means is that one (or possibly both) of us may have had a wrong experience. That still does not prove that the Holy Ghost is not or cannot be real. Just because for you it wasn't (taking your word for it), it does not mean that it cannot be for anyone else; or that everyone else's experience is the same as yours.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:08 am 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am
Posts: 6374
zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:
You didn’t answer the question I asked.
How, specifically, can one reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one?
If you do not know then your claims about true and false religions are utterly untenable.
[color=#0000BF]That is because your question has a hidden element in it which was not openly stated. Your question is worded as how to "reliably differentiate between a false religion, and a true one". But what you are really asking is, How can one reliably convey that information to convince you. That is what you are really asking.

I’m pretty sure I was asking what I went ahead and asked.

Quote:
The answer to the stated question is that one can reliably differentiate between them by the power of the Holy Ghost. That is the only possible and sure way.

Got it.
Follow Up Question:
The Holy Ghost confirms a number of different, conflicting religions are true.
For instance, The HG confirms the FLDS are a true religion.
In fact, the Holy Ghost seems to confirm to all followers that their particular religion is true and the others are false.
It’s not incorrect to say that the Holy Ghost bears witness that all religions are both true and false, depending on who is asking him the question.

How do we reliably sort that out?
Or are all religions both true and false?

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:06 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
Which was directed by the hg?

Image


The prophet or the anonymously authored essay?

_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
I have a question wrote:
Got it.
Follow Up Question:
The Holy Ghost confirms a number of different, conflicting religions are true.
For instance, The HG confirms the FLDS are a true religion.
In fact, the Holy Ghost seems to confirm to all followers that their particular religion is true and the others are false.
It’s not incorrect to say that the Holy Ghost bears witness that all religions are both true and false, depending on who is asking him the question.

How do we reliably sort that out?
Or are all religions both true and false?
Already answered. First of all, I am not aware that either FLDS, or any other religion for that matter, claims that its truth can be ascertained by the Holy Ghost. As far as I know this claim is an LDS peculiarity, and originates specifically from the Book of Mormon. I have never heard a Catholic, a Baptist, a Methodist, a Muslim, or a Jew claim that the truth of their particular religion or denomination can be ascertained by the power of the Holy Ghost. If you are going to make such a claim, you need to provide some references. Secondly, assuming for the sake of the argument that you are right, the answer to it was already given. If two or more people or their religions are making such a claim, either all of them are wrong, or one of them is right and the rest are making a false claim, or have been deceived. The one whose claim is genuine is the winner. It is the one who really knows, and the rest are groping in the dark. It is no good asking how you are going to tell the difference which is which. You can only know if you have the Holy Ghost yourself, otherwise you are in the dark. The one who is genuine knows that he is, and the rest are telling lies or have been deceived. Your question of "How do we reliably sort that out?" does not arise. For those who do not have the Holy Ghost, the question is unanswerable; for those who have the Holy Ghost, the question does not arise.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:13 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
zerinus wrote:
I have a question wrote:
Got it.
Follow Up Question:
The Holy Ghost confirms a number of different, conflicting religions are true.
For instance, The HG confirms the FLDS are a true religion.
In fact, the Holy Ghost seems to confirm to all followers that their particular religion is true and the others are false.
It’s not incorrect to say that the Holy Ghost bears witness that all religions are both true and false, depending on who is asking him the question.

How do we reliably sort that out?
Or are all religions both true and false?
Already answered. First of all, I am not aware that either FLDS, or any other religion for that matter, claims that its truth can be ascertained by the Holy Ghost. As far as I know this claim is an LDS peculiarity, and originates specifically from the Book of Mormon. I have never heard a Catholic, a Baptist, a Methodist, a Muslim, or a Jew claim that the truth of their particular religion or denomination can be ascertained by the power of the Holy Ghost. If you are going to make such a claim, you need to provide some references. Secondly, assuming for the sake of the argument that you are right, the answer to it was already given. If two or more people or their religions are making such a claim, either all of them are wrong, or one of them is right and the rest are making a false claim, or have been deceived. The one whose claim is genuine is the winner. It is the one who really knows, and the rest are groping in the dark. It is no good asking how you are going to tell the difference which is which. You can only know if you have the Holy Ghost yourself, otherwise you are in the dark. The one who is genuine knows that he is, and the rest are telling lies or have been deceived. Your question of "How do we reliably sort that out?" does not arise. For those who do not have the Holy Ghost, the question is unanswerable; for those who have the Holy Ghost, the question does not arise.


Flds have the same Moroni's promise as LDS, and regularly engage in the sharing of testimony of things ascertained through the holy ghost.

_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:18 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
Quote:
A wonderful thing happened once we arrived in Manti. I felt all of my misgivings, anxiety, mistrust just melt away as immediately as we arrived here. A calm peacefulness filled me (incidentally, filling the void I'd been trying to fill for five months) and gave me rest from the trials I had suffered through. My great mistrust of my husband (that is, of his knowledge) was replaced with trust and I allowed him to teach me, finally. I forgot all about trying to prove TLC wrong. From that point on, I discovered so much truth! I was like a sponge, soaking it all in. Choosing what to believe was not an issue, the truth just seemed to speak to my soul and I knew it was true. I didn't have an ounce of doubt in my whole body. Every fiber of my being knew and recognized the truth and I only wanted to know more. I believed it with all of my heart. I knew the Holy Ghost was bearing witness of truth and I knew the same would happen concerning the Lord's Servant, James D. Harmston.

And it did. The Holy Ghost bore witness to me that He is indeed the Lord's Servant on earth at this time, He has been divinely appointed to lead and direct the Father's elect at this time. Every time I am in the same room when Jim is teaching, I receive the witness of heaven that he is indeed who he says he is and that what he is teaching is most certainly true. I testify to you that I never had the witness of heaven telling me Gordon B. Hinckley was a true prophet. I have been full of emotion at times and at times, I have been filled with the Spirit of God and I tell you, they are two different things. That is something I didn't know before I came here.

I can and do testify that Jesus is the Christ, that He lives! I have felt the indescribable joy and love that emanates from Him. I know that any man who has been in the presence of the Savior, would declare repentance and baptism to all that would hear him, for the sole purpose of bringing those who are willing into the Savior's presence. I know that Jim is a true prophet, by the witness of heaven burned into my soul and because his works prove it. He spends his life seeking to bring others into the presence of the Savior. Anyone who has truly felt the Savior's love would seek to share it with all who will be worthy to receive it. Jim speaks, teaches, exhorts, and lives his life as one having authority. This truth has been burned into my soul over and over again. I testify to you that Gordon B. Hinckley is leading the LDS church with all of its members in a false hope of Christ. Those LDS members cannot come into the presence of the Savior in this lifetime while they continue to follow a false prophet. Gordon B. Hinckley does not teach how to come into the presence of the Savior, which requires obedience to ALL the ordinances of the House of the Lord. I know that the fullness of the gospel as restored through Joseph Smith is true with every fiber of my being. I know that the fullness of the gospel is not taught in the LDS church. I know that the ordinances offered in LDS temples have been changed despite Joseph Smith's warning to keep them the same as they ever have been. I know that Joseph Smith taught his people to receive their calling and election ordinances and that these ordinances were to be ratified by the Savior. That can no longer be accomplished in the LDS Church. I know that those who diligently study LDS Church history will find the essentials of the gospel that have been lost. And a diligent study will bring you here, if you desire truth. The truth is here and the Spirit of God will back it up."


_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:48 pm
Posts: 4902
zerinus wrote:
All that that means is that one (or possibly both) of us may have had a wrong experience. That still does not prove that the Holy Ghost is not or cannot be real. Just because for you it wasn't (taking your word for it), it does not mean that it cannot be for anyone else; or that everyone else's experience is the same as yours.


Sure, I witnessed many occasions in the world of Mormonism when someone of faith claimed the Holy Ghost was making something known to them only to learn later that their original assessment was flawed or wrong. Just because one feels warm and peaceful feelings and overflowing feelings of joy and contentment doesn't necessarily mean it's a pointer saying go and do this. It's brain chemicals mixed with our spiritual awareness, being aroused in that manner. It's really a great feeling. Actually, I've had what I consider better manifestations of the Holy Ghost since leaving Mormonism. In Mormonism I was wound up too tight and my expectations were off but since becoming free and in touch with my true spiritual self the feelings of the so-called Spirit are just totally amazing. It really feels good. It's a sort of mental pleasure and it effects the physical too. Everyone on the earth has the right and ability to tap into this process and enjoy the benefits. Whether there are unseen beings or a being, I cannot say, because I don't see it/them -- but anything is possible. I believe in quantum science and wouldn't be surprised if we are like in a fishbowl being observed by higher intelligences that simply love us and watch our every move. They might, in turn, be in the same boat, being watched and loved.

But all I really know is the NOW. And my now no longer includes being bound to Mormonism and all the false teachings and doctrines associated with it. It's truly liberating. I trust you will find out, someday, when you're ready to embrace your personal apostasy and enter into the realms of reality.

_________________
"Say what you like. The figure which Joseph Smith identifies as the "slave" is not an image of Anubis, nor is it functioning as Anubis in the image that is displayed." (zerinus)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:09 am 
God

Joined: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:01 am
Posts: 6374
Let’s go with the example given by Steelhead, the FLDS.
zerinus wrote:
If two or more people or their religions are making such a claim, either all of them are wrong, or one of them is right and the rest are making a false claim, or have been deceived.
There’s one other option - that they are both right.

Quote:
The one whose claim is genuine is the winner. It is the one who really knows, and the rest are groping in the dark. It is no good asking how you are going to tell the difference which is which. You can only know if you have the Holy Ghost yourself, otherwise you are in the dark. The one who is genuine knows that he is, and the rest are telling lies or have been deceived. Your question of "How do we reliably sort that out?" does not arise. For those who do not have the Holy Ghost, the question is unanswerable; for those who have the Holy Ghost, the question does not arise.

Got it, the FLDS is the true Church. Thanks for clearing that up.

_________________
“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:39 am 
God

Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:43 pm
Posts: 11560
zerinus wrote:
All that that means is that one (or possibly both) of us may have had a wrong experience.


Yes it means the experience is very subjective and we could be wrong about our interpretations of them.

Quote:
That still does not prove that the Holy Ghost is not or cannot be real.


While it would be nice to be able to prove it one way or the other, that is not really possible from the experience alone. It just means we should not pretend to have certainty about it.

Quote:
Just because for you it wasn't (taking your word for it), it does not mean that it cannot be for anyone else; or that everyone else's experience is the same as yours.


Sure we cannot know for sure if our experiences are the same. At least not without describing them. We are all the same species, so I suspect we do have a lot of similarities in how we experience reality.

_________________
42


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
I have a question wrote:
There’s one other option - that they are both right.
No, they can't both be right. Either both are wrong, or one is right and the other wrong.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:59 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 7572
Location: What does the fox say?
Holy Ghost just told me "Zerinus is wrong. He is being deceived by statan. He is eyeball deep in binary thinking. As evidenced by 'whatever god commands is right' revelations, the Lord God is not a binary law giver. Thou shalt not kill, utterly destroy this group, etc, so why is Zerinus trying to put god in a binary box?"

That is what the holy ghost told me. Verbatim.


Checkmate.

_________________
It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than a gardener at war.

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
 Post subject: Re: A Test on The POWER of Prayer
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:57 pm 
God
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:45 pm
Posts: 1806
SteelHead wrote:
Holy Ghost just told me "Zerinus is wrong. He is being deceived by statan. He is eyeball deep in binary thinking. As evidenced by 'whatever god commands is right' revelations, the Lord God is not a binary law giver. Thou shalt not kill, utterly destroy this group, etc, so why is Zerinus trying to put god in a binary box?"

That is what the holy ghost told me. Verbatim.

Checkmate.
Talking rubbish as usual.

_________________
zerinus
I am a Mormon!

http://zerinus.blogspot.co.uk
http://amazon.com/author/bijhan


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Craig Paxton, cwald, Doctor CamNC4Me, Doctor Steuss, DrW, Fence Sitter, kairos, Mittens, moinmoin, RockSlider, Stem, Yahoo [Bot] and 47 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Revival Theme By Brandon Designs By B.Design-Studio © 2007-2008 Brandon
Revival Theme Based off SubLite By Echo © 2007-2008 Echo
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group