It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Here's to Joseph Smith Con-Artist
PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:33 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:

The work to which Joseph Smith was called lives on. It will outlive you and any other detractor that comes along.

Regards,
MG

Dude, have you never lived outside of mormondom? Speaking in second rate hallmark cliches that have no real meaning outside the Mormon bubble seems to be something that is pretty common among believers who have not had many non-mormon life experiences...How can you not see how transparent and small minded the things you post are?

"The work to which Josef Stalin was called lives on. It will outlive you and any other detractor that comes along."

""The work to which Pee wee herman was called lives on. It will outlive you and any other detractor that comes along."

These statements you make are meaningless but Im guessing you thought you were being profound. About as profound and useful as saying:

"Sometimes you must go backward to go forward"

"If it doesn't open, its not your door"

"whether you think you can or think you can't, you are right!"

"God never gives us more than we can handle."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm 
God

schreech wrote:
Dude, have you never lived outside of mormondom?

Yeah, I grew up in Southern Calif.

L.A. County.

Very few Mormons in the schools I went to.

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=45503

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:19 pm 
God

schreech wrote:
How can you not see how transparent and small minded the things you post are?

I've been around.

Regards,
MG

Some people make stuff up. Even here on a board like this. Go figure. What is kind of silly, in a way, is that it would take me so long to figure that out. Maybe I didn't want to think it was true. Maybe I give too much the 'benefit of a doubt' to other people. I guess I should know better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:39 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:

Quote:
Many have belittled Joseph Smith, but those who have will be forgotten in the remains of mother earth, and the odor of their infamy will ever be with them, but honor, majesty, and fidelity to God, exemplified by Joseph Smith and attached to his name, will never die.
President George A. Smith

Ezra Booth was one of those guys.

Other witnesses view things differently.

The work to which Joseph Smith was called lives on. It will outlive you and any other detractor that comes along.

Unfortunately you got it wrong... AGAIN. Ezra Booth has not been "forgotten in the remains of mother earth", nor is he "infamous". Rather, it is Smith who is infamous, for a whole variety of reasons. And "fidelity" being attached to Smith's name? Are you sure you know what the word means?
Quote:
faithfulness to a person, cause, or belief, demonstrated by continuing loyalty and support.

How much FIDELITY did Smith show to the Partridge sisters when he shook their hands and told them to ____ off? (Look that up if you aren't too lazy and continue to want everyone else to do your research for you) You know nothing about Ezra Booth and next to nothing about Joseph Smith.

You NEED to do your own research. You get everything wrong. But par for the course for a buffoon of an apologist who can't get anything right.

You don't know anything about me, or what I will do or have done that will live on. To make such a statement shows a level of ____ that just boggles the mind.

And... of course ... nothing from you about Booth except your idiotic ranting. Par for the course.

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:49 pm 
Dragon

And Smith's detractors? ALL have been forgotten???

Eber D. Howe (Mormonism Unvailed) NOPE.
John C. Bennett (History of the Saints) NOPE.
Fawn Brodie (No Man Knows My History) NOPE.
The Tanners (Shadow or Reality?) NOPE.

Shall I go on?

This is how shortsighted and stupid Mormon "prophets" are. And of course Mental is right up there with them.

"I will not in any way, shape, or form have anything to do with or have anything to say to [grindael] from here on out. Directly OR INDIRECTLY" ~MG, 10-25-17, 12:36PM The SAME DAY, an hour later... "I decided that I needed to also create a publicly posted thread, as he did..." FIRST indirect comment. So much for his "DMZ".

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:01 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Ezra Booth has not been "forgotten in the remains of mother earth", nor is he "infamous".

If that's what you choose to believe, fine. My guess is, however, that not many folks have even heard of him.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:07 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
And Smith's detractors? ALL have been forgotten???

Eber D. Howe (Mormonism Unvailed) NOPE.
John C. Bennett (History of the Saints) NOPE.
Fawn Brodie (No Man Knows My History) NOPE.
The Tanners (Shadow or Reality?) NOPE.

Shall I go on?

If you must. But honestly, except for Brodie and possibly the Tanner's, these folks are known by some...but not many, comparatively speaking. Eber Howe? Very few folks have heard of him.

Forgotten. If he was ever really known by many in the first place.

John C. Bennett? Maybe a few more, but not many. He definitely had a grudge and/or ax to grind against Joseph.

I realize these folks are heroes to you, grindael. And for that reason you may look at them in a bit of a disproportionate way compared to most folks.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:17 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:

If you must. But honestly, except for Brodie and possibly the Tanner's, these folks are known by some...but not many, comparatively speaking. Eber Howe? Very few folks have heard of him.

Forgotten. If he was ever really known by many in the first place.

John C. Bennett? Maybe a few more, but not many. He definitely had a grudge and/or ax to grind against Joseph.

I realize these folks are heroes to you, grindael. And for that reason you may look at them in a bit of a disproportionate way compared to most folks.

And the buffoonery continues. He said FORGOTTEN, not become obscure or not known by "few folks". So again, you are being your typical self... anal.

And you realize nothing. You don't know who my heroes are and it has nothing to do with how I look at them. Once again, you are talking out of your backside, (your best side by the way), and making a fool of yourself.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:19 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:
Ezra Booth has not been "forgotten in the remains of mother earth", nor is he "infamous".

If that's what you choose to believe, fine. My guess is, however, that not many folks have even heard of him.

It's not what I choose to believe, it's a fact. Something anathema to your kind. And once again, it's not about how "many folks". You can't even understand or comprehend the people you quote.

Par for the course.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:22 pm 
Dragon

So being known as a critic of Smith is classed as infamous? You are a bizarre little man, Mental.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:23 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
You don't know anything about...what I ...have done that will live on.

True, that.

I'm not too worried, however, that ultimately your work/name will die in relative insignificance among those that are disciples of Jesus Christ and believers in the restoration of His gospel/church in the latter days.

I don't doubt that you have some influence/notoriety here and there among a certain subset of critics/apostates. If you count that as 'living on', then OK. :wink:

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:26 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
So being known as a critic of Smith is classed as infamous?

Yes, I believe that in the final analysis and when the scales are weighed, you will...along with others...be classified as being "infamous". That you see it as being otherwise, well, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat dude. You have to have something to get up for in the morning, right? :smile:

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:29 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
Once again, you are talking out of your backside, (your best side by the way), and making a fool of yourself.

You are so fifth grade.

Carry on with your antics,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:30 pm 
Dragon

Amazon...

The Critical Edition of Howe's book by Dan Vogel...

#1279 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Denominations & Sects > Mormonism
#2292 in Books > History > World > Religious > General
#3299 in Books > Religion & Spirituality > Religious Studies > History

Brian Hales polygamy book

#1776 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Denominations & Sects > Mormonism
#7748 in Books > History > World > Religious > Christianity
#56145 in Books > History > Americas > United States

The Book of Mormon (which is FREE)

#562 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles

Comparatively speaking not many know about Joseph Smith when you stack him up against other world religions like Muslims and Catholics which number in the BILLIONS. It shows how very stupid your argument really is.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:
You don't know anything about...what I ...have done that will live on.

True, that.

I'm not too worried, however, that ultimately your work/name will die in relative insignificance among those that are disciples of Jesus Christ and believers in the restoration of His gospel/church in the latter days.

I don't doubt that you have some influence/notoriety here and there among a certain subset of critics/apostates. If you count that as 'living on', then OK.

You really are a turd. But that also, is par for the course, little man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:32 pm 
God

grindael wrote:
You are a bizarre little man, Mental.

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.

Regards,
MG

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:
Once again, you are talking out of your backside, (your best side by the way), and making a fool of yourself.

You are so fifth grade.

Carry on with your antics,
MG

Truth hurts, doesn't it? :lol: What, no "regards"? :rolleyes:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:33 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time.

It only leads there because of you, little man. Every time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:35 pm 
Dragon

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:
So being known as a critic of Smith is classed as infamous?

Yes, I believe that in the final analysis and when the scales are weighed, you will...along with others...be classified as being "infamous". That you see it as being otherwise, well, that's fine. Whatever floats your boat dude. You have to have something to get up for in the morning, right?

And you will be classed as just another turd. That really floats. You have that stink about you every morning, right? You know it's true. :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:47 pm 
Dragon

Quote:
Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion.

But calling people names does as you do? You are really a bizarre little man, Mental. You are also a hypocrite and a phony. I'm so glad I don't have to see your face in the mirror every day. It must take a lot of mentalgymnastics to get through each and every day.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 pm 
God

mentalgymnast wrote:
grindael wrote:

Regards,
MG
:eek: you know that is copyrighted material you are illegally quoting.
Quote:
© 2017 Doctor CamNC4Me. All rights reserved. Copying, quoting, or citing this copyrighted work in whole or part without the written permission of the author is prohibited. Violation of this copyright, even for personal or not-for-profit use, is a serious criminal offense and is subject to federal prosecution.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next