I hope it's God

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

I hope it's God

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

"We’ve just seen 15 new mysterious cosmic radio bursts from space"
https://www.newscientist.com/article/21 ... rom-space/

"Possible explanations for FRBs range from outbursts from rotating neutron stars with extremely strong magnetic fields, to more speculative ideas that they are directed energy sources used by extraterrestrial civilizations to power spacecraft.”
https://breakthroughinitiatives.org/News/13

Unlike most Mormons, scientists won't jump a conclusion without enough evidence. Unfortunately at this point the idea of alien technology is just speculation.
Last edited by Guest on Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Re: I hope it's God

Post by _Philo Sofee »

Literally 100% of all mysterious "signals" from space have ended up being something perfectly natural in the universe. The probability therefore I would gently propose is that this has at least 51% probability of continuing to be something natural (truly approaching 99.9% but I am behaving modestly at the moment) that we haven't thought of or seen before. I can confidently wax eloquent with a literal 99.9% probability that God ain't doin it.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."
_JLHPROF
_Emeritus

Post by _JLHPROF »

It's all God.
We just can't always see the connection.
Thy mind, O man! if thou wilt lead a soul unto salvation, must stretch as high as the utmost heavens, and search into and contemplate the darkest abyss, and the broad expanse of eternity—thou must commune with God. - Joseph Smith
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

JLHPROF wrote:It's all God.
We just can't always see the connection.

In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_DoubtingThomas
_Emeritus

Post by _DoubtingThomas »

Philo Sofee wrote:Literally 100% of all mysterious "signals" from space have ended up being something perfectly natural in the universe. The probability therefore I would gently propose is that this has at least 51% probability of continuing to be something natural (truly approaching 99.9% but I am behaving modestly at the moment) that we haven't thought of or seen before. I can confidently wax eloquent with a literal 99.9% probability that God ain't doin it.

By God I mean advance alien technology