It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Houston temple flooded
PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:58 pm 
God

Gordon B. Hinckley wrote:
We dedicate the grounds, the structure from the footings to the figure of Moroni, the various rooms and facilities, including the Baptistry, the endowment rooms, the celestial room, the sealing rooms with their sacred altars, and all other facilities which are a part of this structure. All together comprise the House of the Lord.

When the Lord visited his temple, "The baptistry flooded to the top, and water reached waist deep in some areas of the basement. Several inches of water on the main floor ruined carpet and furniture, which will have to be replaced".

This is proof that the Houston temple along with the other flooded buildings in Houston did not receive divine protection. The saints can claim no miracle or special blessings. They are just like everyone else.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:04 pm 
God

Here is an excerpt from the Huston Temple’s dedicatory prayer...offered by Prophet Gordon B Hinckley.

Quote:
We pray that all who look upon this house may do so with respect. Hold back the hand of the vandal and the spoiler that its beauty shall not be marred and its sanctity violated.

http://ldschurchtemples.org/houston/prayer/

Remind me again the purpose of Prophets offering prayers?
And if a prayer from the Prophet was ineffective, what’s the point to asking members to pray for the temple?

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:30 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
And if a prayer from the Prophet was ineffective, what’s the point to asking members to pray for the temple?

Gordon B. Hinckley was not a prophet, seer, or revelator. Had the man had any inkling of what was to come he would have had the landscape elevated with several extra feet of earth and built the temple at higher elevation. But as we see now, the prophet was clueless that the Lord was going to send the rains and flood his own house with foul water.

This is proof that LDS prophets cannot foresee the future. This is proof that LDS prophets are not warned or guided by the god of Harvey!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:38 pm 
God

I have a question wrote:
Given the near miss in 2016, what did the Church do to further protect the temple from the floods that the Prophets must have seen coming...? I’ll give you a clue - it’s the opposite of something.

President Gordon B. Hinckley is responsible for the Houston temple being built on a low elevation and due to his shortsightedness and lack of inspiration the temple was hereby flooded in 2017. The saints can blame President Hinckley for this mess. But, President Hinckley, to his credit, pretty much admitted that he doesn't see the future and no one knows what's going to happen. When it comes to prophecy, President Hinckley had nothing new to add. All he ever did was cite dead prophets. The man didn't know what was to come and he admitted it before the entire church.

Gordon B. Hinckley, President of the Church, The Times in Which We Live, October 2001 wrote:
No one knows . . . . No one knows . . . . No one knows . . . . I do not know what the future holds.

And that my friends, are the very words from the lips of a prophet, seer, and revelator.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:16 pm 
Stake High Council

It is not underwater, just flooded. Damage and problems will be the result. Miraculous stories will come about as God prevented looters and infidels from entering.

Remember, Satan controls the waters so maybe he zipped in with them?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:48 pm 
God

There is a precedent to show that prophets, seers, and revelators, absolutely believed that a dedicated temple was protected from FLOODS by the divine providence of God. This apostolic belief undoubtedly carried on through generation to generation -- to include Gordon B. Hinckley and his Houston temple.

Salt Lake Temple Dedicatory Prayer Wilford Woodruff April 1893 wrote:
Preserve these buildings, we beseech Thee, from injury or destruction by flood or fire; from the rage of the elements, the shafts of the vivid lightning, the overwhelming blasts of the hurricane, the flames of consuming fire, and the upheavals of the earth-quake, O Lord, protect them.

Thus saith the Lord Harvey, your request is denied. Nevertheless, let my servant Gordon B. Hinckley build my Houston temple so that I may flood it and cause a stink to come upon it. Do not build my holy house upon an elevation, thus, I will allow the creek to overflow and soak my house when you least expect it. I the Lord Harvey delight in causing my saints to suffer and watch them struggle in their faith.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:18 pm 
God

I've been critical about the LDS leadership placing one of their flagship buildings on ground that is known to flood. It just doesn't make any sense to build a temple that is supposed to be multi-generational upon low lying ground that is subject to flooding without taking appropriate measures to guard against overflowing water or better yet build elsewhere.

The prophetic leadership of the seer and revelator Gordon B. Hinckley failed to foresee that in less than 20 years his temple was going to be overrun by storm water. Nevertheless, the dumb & blind Mormon prophet built his temple as if on sand and expected his god to protect it. But as we have seen from Harvey, the fool's request has been denied and no miracle can be claimed. Gordon B. Hinckley was a foolish business man pretending to be a holy prophet, seer, and revelator -- but in the end he was a blind bat gambling with church funds.

Click the link to see the Houston floodplain map and see how the Mormons built the temple on a sandy foundation:

http://www.harriscountyfemt.org/

Enter the temple address (below) into the ADDRESS SEARCH box and click FIND (let it load)

15725 Champion Forest Dr, Spring Tx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:29 pm 
God

I wonder just how many months the temple will be closed while reconstruction and repairs are underway for Gordon B. Hinckley's flooded temple. The damage is going to be far worse than simply pulling the carpets and painting the walls. Damage to the electrical distribution systems must be extensive and if the electrical mains are below ground level they are going to be utterly wasted. Electrical contractors in the greater Houston area are swamped handling repairs to other buildings that are far more important than a Mormon temple that performs secret handshakes and chants.

Yes, the basement no doubt was flooded. The baptistery was baptized by Harvey's own water. There is nothing Mormon god could do to stop it. That would have required a miracle like something we read in the bible, but, everyone knows that bible miracles are subject to bible times only. Anyway, the repairs to the temple will be extensive. The cleanup will be intense. All of this could have been avoided had Gordon B. Hinckley been inspired to build on a higher elevation. But, as we see, the prophet could not see or know what was to come. He was a blind fool that thought mother nature would respect the bounds Elohim had set. But not so!

I'm willing to guess the temple will not be back in operation for at least a year. The brainwashing deeds performed in the Houston temple are on hold. The work of Mormon god has been thwarted and thus there will be no more secret handshakes in Houston.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:43 pm 
God

Hurricane Harvey closed the temple for the rest of the year! No more secret handshakes in Houston!

LDS.org wrote:
Temple Closures 2017

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - Sunday, December 31, 2017

:smile:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:52 pm 
God

Well, I prayed to God that Hurricane Irma would be downgraded to a tropical storm. So. You know. You're welcome.

- Doc

I have Mental Gymnast on ignore until he makes amends with Grindael, and both Grindael and IHAQ start posting again. I will not allow a troll to drive off two great board members without taking a stand.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:12 pm 
Holy Ghost

SuperDell wrote:
It is not underwater, just flooded. Damage and problems will be the result. Miraculous stories will come about as God prevented looters and infidels from entering.

Remember, Satan controls the waters so maybe he zipped in with them?

I like that ... satan making an attempt to defile elohim and jehovah's house by causing the huricane so the waters would make it up there ... but you know elohim has a good right cross and jehovah is a very under-appreciated mma fighter ....

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:24 pm 
God

Pathetic Gordon B. Hinckley failed to see that his Houston temple which was built on a flood plain would be inundated by hurricane water in less than 20 years of it being built. What a marvelous work and wonder to see mother nature knock a Mormon prophet on his ass!

:lol:

Hey Gordon, how about another revelation, you fool?

:lol:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 pm 
God

Shulem wrote:
Pathetic Gordon B. Hinckley failed to see that his Houston temple

God works in mysterious ways

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:40 pm 
CTR A

I used to live near the Houston temple. The floods that happened in that area in April 2016 (and which flooded the parking lot of the temple) were unprecedented. The floods from Hurricane Harvey in 2017 (which flooded the building and large chunk of Spring, TX) were virtually unimaginable.

I don't know whether the precise location of the Houston temple was in a designated flood plain before 2016. But it is adjacent to Cypress Creek (more like a sloughy bayou), as well as next to Raveneaux Country Club (an area that looks designed to take on water). This alone would have suggested the possibility of floods from time-to-time.

As the temple was flooding in August, I was speaking with a TBM neighbor about the hurricane and its aftermath. She commented that she was surprised the Lord had allowed the temple to flood and expected that he would have stopped the waters before they entered the building. (That would have made for a goose pimple-raising, faith promoting Mormon urban legend.)

I bit my tongue as I thought of thousands of houses in that area being inundated. Homes whose owners have not the resources to repair and rebuild. As special as a temple is, worrying about the Houston temple flooding seemed silly to me compared to the backdrop of thousands people in the same area losing their homes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:36 am 
God

Wonhyo wrote:
I used to live near the Houston temple. The floods that happened in that area in April 2016 (and which flooded the parking lot of the temple) were unprecedented. The floods from Hurricane Harvey in 2017 (which flooded the building and large chunk of Spring, TX) were virtually unimaginable.

Thank you for your comments, Wonhyo. And yes, the flood in Houston was quite unprecedented and unimaginable to mortal Americans but just the opposite to an omniscient and omnipotent God. You'd think an all knowing and all seeing God would have commanded his prophet (Hinckley) to build a protective wall or some kind of barrier around the temple to prevent the rising waters from inundating the land and polluting his holy house so soon after it was built. If God can tell Noah to build an ark he can also tell Hinckley to build a wall. After all, it's his own house! It's his temple, for God's sake!

Mormon god is not eager to prove his omniscient ways and neither can his prophet see or foretell the future. Hinckley called himself a prophet, SEER, and revelator -- but was incapable of acting like one because he can't see and his god doesn't tell.

It's more proof on the mountain of proof that Mormonism is false. A church run by prophets who do not prophesy, seers who see not, and revelators who divine not.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:46 am 
God

Wonhyo wrote:
As the temple was flooding in August, I was speaking with a TBM neighbor about the hurricane and its aftermath. She commented that she was surprised the Lord had allowed the temple to flood and expected that he would have stopped the waters before they entered the building. (That would have made for a goose pimple-raising, faith promoting Mormon urban legend.)

An excellent point. TBM's felt the divine hand of God and miraculous protection for their temple when it survived the first flood, years prior. For them, it was a miracle of sorts. But now we see that it really wasn't a miracle but simply a random act of nature doing its thing. Mormon Houstonians are now stuck with the memory that their all knowing God is quite willing to let his temple flood and he's not about to tell his patrons when and if it will flood again.

Blind obedience is all that is required. What is to come remains a mystery.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:44 pm 
2nd Quorum of Seventy

I have a question wrote:
Here is an excerpt from the Huston Temple’s dedicatory prayer...offered by Prophet Gordon B Hinckley.

Quote:
We pray that all who look upon this house may do so with respect. Hold back the hand of the vandal and the spoiler that its beauty shall not be marred and its sanctity violated.

http://ldschurchtemples.org/houston/prayer/

do pray? no... go anywhere except in or around a church !

Quote:
The church tower of many European cities, which was usually the highest structure in the city, was likely to be hit by lightning. Early on, Christian churches tried to prevent the occurrence of the damaging effects of lightning by prayers. Peter Ahlwardts ("Reasonable and Theological Considerations about Thunder and Lightning", 1745) advised individuals seeking cover from lightning to go anywhere except in or around a church.

(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_rod#History)

Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.