It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 5:42 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Houston temple flooded
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:22 am 
God

It appears that that LDS Houston temple is taking in water.

http://www.ldsliving.com/Photos-Texas-Temple-Grounds-Flood-During-Hurricane-Harvey-Members-Ask-for-Prayers/s/86217

Post subject: Re: Houston temple flooded
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:28 am 
God

The temple survived the April 2016 flood and I'm sure faith promoting saints considered it a miracle and that the hand of the Lord was involved.

See this video of the flood around the temple:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDhNAUGrSxo

But will the temple survive the great flood of 2017? I doubt it. I think the Lord is going to let the saints down this time and can't stop Harvey.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:49 am 
First Presidency

I'm sure they'll make up some other miracle. Maybe in their minds god allowed the flooding from Harvey to test the saints? The clean-up story is bound to be miraculous. I can't wait to see the spin in action.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:40 pm 
Nursery

Exiled wrote:
I'm sure they'll make up some other miracle. Maybe in their minds god allowed the flooding from Harvey to test the saints? The clean-up story is bound to be miraculous. I can't wait to see the spin in action.

Something good happens = blessing from God

Something bad happens = test from God

It's a convenient way to see things, I suppose.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:24 pm 
Area Authority

On the other board there is a thread from the requesting prayers from the temple presidency there...so prayers people.. :neutral:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:31 pm 
God

Screw the drowning neighborhoods, pray for that temple!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:32 pm 
Bell Ringer

candygal wrote:
On the other board there is a thread from the requesting prayers from the temple presidency there...so prayers people.. :neutral:

The entire Temple itself is being baptized! Praise the Lord.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't true" Twain.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:43 pm 
God

RockSlider wrote:
Screw the drowning neighborhoods, pray for that temple!

I can understand the desire the temple will not be damaged, but it seems to show some people's priorities may not be where they should. The church is rich and will be able to handle any repairs needed. I would be more concerned about the lives of the citizens who lives are at risk, as well as costs they may not be able to handle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:49 pm 
God

Too late it is underwater.

https://i.imgur.com/amD7IBK.jpg

Some of us, on the other hand, actually prefer a religion that includes some type of correlation with reality.
~Bill Hamblin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:07 pm 
God

"The temple closed on Saturday following the 11:00 a.m. session, and it's unknown when the temple will reopen."
http://www.mormonnewsroom.org/article/l ... ane-harvey

Jesus Christ!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:56 pm 
God

This will present an opportunity to redo the Houston Temple. The idea of putting it up on stilts has not yet officially been taken off the table.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:58 pm 
The Outcast

It's okay, it's okay. All is well. It's the House of the Lord. Jesus can walk on water.

It is not a matter of the declaration of a policy but of direct commandment from the Lord, on which is founded the doctrine of the Church from the days of its organization, ... that Negroes...are not entitled to the Priesthood at the present time.
LDS First Presidency, 8/17/1949

"without evidence what you say is worthless"-Philo Sofee, 7/16/2017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:11 pm 
Hermit

what does it matter? If the Church hasn't changed from when the Hawaii Temple burnt down, and still self-insures, then the Saints in the local area -- including and especially those who have just lost everything -- have the unique opportunity to sacrifice more and donate on top of their 10% gross tithing to rebuild the temple. As long as we don't dip into the mall budget all is well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:55 am 
God

Gadianton wrote:
what does it matter? If the Church hasn't changed from when the Hawaii Temple burnt down, and still self-insures, then the Saints in the local area -- including and especially those who have just lost everything -- have the unique opportunity to sacrifice more and donate on top of their 10% gross tithing to rebuild the temple. As long as we don't dip into the mall budget all is well.

Just another opportunity to filter donated money into a friendly refurbishment contractor...

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”
― Daniel Kahneman, Nobel Prize Winner, 'Thinking, Fast and Slow'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:57 am 
God

Quote:
SALT LAKE CITY — Over the weekend and on into Monday, Harvey's floodwaters displaced hundreds of Mormons, breached the faith's Texas Houston Temple, damaged meetinghouses, canceled Sunday worship services.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... -safe.html

Conclusion? God hates Mormonism.
(On the basis that if no Meeting houses were damaged, no temples breached and services went ahead as planned, it would be claimed as God protecting the Saints and His churches).

Quote:
Church leaders have called for prayers.

Because offering prayers worked so well in the build up to Harvey...
Why would you pray to the person who sent you the Hurricane in the first place?

Quote:
"We are praying for the people of Texas, and invite others to join us in those prayers," Hawkins said. "Anyone wishing to provide support for our efforts to aid to those in Texas is encouraged to make a donation to the church's Humanitarian Fund."

Note: if you donate to the Church Humanitarian Fund, the Church reserves the right to spend it on whatever it chooses, not necessarily Texas.

“A reliable way to make people believe in falsehoods is frequent repetition, because familiarity is not easily distinguished from truth. Authoritarian institutions and marketers have always known this fact.”

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:57 am 
God

This example demonstrates that prophets of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints do not possess the skills of divination and are clueless about what the future really entails. They can't see the future and neither can they prophesy. If the prophets of Mormonism really had a divine conduit to heaven's visions they would have seen the rains beforehand and known that the temple in Houston was going to be subject to rising waters. With such knowledge, they could have sandbagged around the temple. The Mormon apostles and prophets have no idea of what is to come and their professed abilities to act as prophets and seers is a biblical ruse.

But, as we see, the pretended prophets trusted in their make believe god and thought he would take care of his temple. They took no action in building a barrier for a future flood (or build a temple elsewhere) and in their inability to foresee futuristic things proved that the leaders of the Mormon religion are prophets in name only.

Therefore, let the temple flood.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:06 am 
God

Quasimodo wrote:
candygal wrote:

The entire Temple itself is being baptized! Praise the Lord.

The entire temple won't be baptized because the water could never rise that high like it did in the days of Noah but the baptistry down below will be baptized as the water flows down below and buries the whole thing in mud and debris.

I guess Mormon god saw this coming?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:17 am 
First Presidency

The Mormon god is busy working with his p.r. professionals at this time, putting together a wonderful miracle story about the clean-up. It's going to be fantastic. Gotta hand it to Mormon god and how he takes credit for anything positive and blames that nasty whore mother nature for anything bad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:28 am 
God

Gadianton wrote:

Maybe it's time for the church to start mining gold dentalwork from the mouths of the members, again.

2 different threads same day 2 hours apart Yohoo Bat 12/1/2015

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:34 am 
God

Quote:
God rarely infringes on the agency of any of His children by intervening against some for the relief of others. But He does ease the burdens of our afflictions and strengthen us to bear them, as He did for Alma’s people in the land of Helam (see Mosiah 24:13–15). He does not prevent all disasters, but He does answer our prayers to turn them aside, as He did with the uniquely powerful cyclone that threatened to prevent the dedication of the temple in Fiji;6 or He does blunt their effects, as He did with the terrorist bombing that took so many lives in the Brussels airport but only injured our four missionaries.

https://www.LDS.org/general-conference/ ... s?lang=eng

I guess God likes Fiji more than He likes Huston.
Or Fiji saints are better at praying.

From the comments:
Quote:
One of the reasons for Harvey's potency is the temperature of the Gulf owing to global warming. As the models predict, we will have more severe storms like Harvey.

Maybe this is God punishing Trump for pulling out of the Paris deal.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:39 am 
God

Sooooooo, once again God doesn't do anything to prevent suffering from happening, but if you pray enough He'll uptick the dopamine in your brain?

You - Dear Lord. Dear, dearest Father in Heaven. I'm under water right now. My mother is too. My kids are underwater and we just lost our pets. In fact, my entire home and belongings are under water. Please, please find it in your heart to prevent others from suffering this horrible fate. I beg of thee, with all my soul, please don't let your other children suffer like unto me.

The Lord - Nope! Lol. But let's turn that frown upside down. Here's a hit of dopamine! Gotta learn those sufferin' lessons! WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB!

You - k thanks. love ya.

- Doc

In the anointed we find a whole class of supposedly ‘thinking people’ who do remarkably little thinking about substance and a great deal of verbal expression. - Dr. Thomas Sowell, Harvard, Columbia, University of Chicago