Correlation is dead. New adult curriculum for 2018.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Fence Sitter
_Emeritus

Re: Correlation is dead. New adult curriculum for 2018.

Post by _Fence Sitter »

karl61 wrote:“One of the reasons for the new approach is to give increased emphasis to the words of the living prophets,” said Elder LeGrand R. Curtis, General Authority Seventy and assistant executive director in the Priesthood and Family Department.

What a title. Try to get that on a name tag.

I suppose that means there will be lessons on how to shop.

:lol:
"Any over-ritualized religion since the dawn of time can make its priests say yes, we know, it is rotten, and hard luck, but just do as we say, keep at the ritual, stick it out, give us your money and you'll end up with the angels in heaven for evermore."
_sock puppet
_Emeritus

Post by _sock puppet »

Gadianton wrote:Mark,

I don't think any get to the apostle level believing they are prophets in any sense. Any indication of such belief would weed them out.

It's like the hereafter (if there is such) for religionists. Not until you get there do know for sure that it was not quite what it was billed to be. It must be so disappointing to become one of the 12 only to find out its just a higher rung up the bureaucratic ladder. No Jesus in the flesh. Nothing special about one's testimony of Jesus. So just fall back on the corporate skills that got him there, and go with it and with the extra fawning and adulation of the LDS masses because they don't know for sure, because they insist on keeping that light of a special witness under a bushel, it's just "too sacred" to talk about. What a crock of crap.
_Philo Sofee
_Emeritus

Post by _Philo Sofee »

sock puppet wrote:
Gadianton wrote:Mark,

I don't think any get to the apostle level believing they are prophets in any sense. Any indication of such belief would weed them out.

It's like the hereafter (if there is such) for religionists. Not until you get there do know for sure that it was not quite what it was billed to be. It must be so disappointing to become one of the 12 only to find out its just a higher rung up the bureaucratic ladder. No Jesus in the flesh. Nothing special about one's testimony of Jesus. So just fall back on the corporate skills that got him there, and go with it and with the extra fawning and adulation of the LDS masses because they don't know for sure, because they insist on keeping that light of a special witness under a bushel, it's just "too sacred" to talk about. What a crock of ____.

Ha! Excellent summation.
Dr CamNC4Me
"Dr. Peterson and his Callithumpian cabal of BYU idiots have been marginalized by their own inevitable irrelevancy defending a fraud."