Dear Dr. Shades

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Re: Dear Dr. Shades

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Here is the response to southern* Baptist* and my screen name.

You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

You can try it for yourself, Shades. I'm looking for any post of mine where I talked about my southern Baptist church. I was actually looking for one of a couple of specific posts about the same thing.

But no matter what I tried I kept coming up with those types of responses that you see above.

I know about the asterisks. I've tried them with and without. I've tried them with and without my screen name in various search inquiry combinations.

And still I get those types of responses.

I even tried SBC (in case I used it) with/without asterisks and with/without my screen name.

I come up with jack.
Chinese Proverb
_Dr. Shades
_Emeritus

Post by _Dr. Shades »

Well, it looks like the asterisk trick no longer works.

I apologize for the inconvenience.
"Finally, for your rather strange idea that miracles are somehow linked to the amount of gay sexual gratification that is taking place would require that primitive Christianity was launched by gay sex, would it not?"

--Louis Midgley
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:Well, it looks like the asterisk trick no longer works.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for trying it! I'm NOT trying to cause you a problem. I'm trying to solve a problem.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Doctor* ='s

"You must specify at least one word to search for. Each word must consist of at least 3 characters and must not contain more than 14 characters excluding wildcards."

I tried various words following your instruction above and they all result in the same message.

You need to leave out the "='s."

Please tell me you were joking and not being a potato.

- doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

i've proposed the use of google in 2nd comment of this thread:

Choyo Chagas wrote:
Jersey Girl wrote:...
or slay the dragons around here if I can't use their own words against them.
Jersey Girl
<3

then came some of my meditations about dragons (stolen from world literature); as you know, sometimes/manytimes/frequently i am too reflective
this part all of my comment can be read today at outer darkness...

i confess, dragons have nothing to do with search engines

and this last part of that comment was 100% on topic:

Jersey Girl wrote:What should I do? I'm desperate.
learn google search's functions! they are the winners

there are impotent search engines around:
1. this site: it doesn't work
2. lds org: it is biased-distorted-deceptious
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.
_orangganjil
_Emeritus

Post by _orangganjil »

Let Google do what Google does best. Go there and add "site:mormondiscussions.com" to your search within Google. Doing so restricts your search to this site, allowing you to search for specific keywords just on this site.
_moksha
_Emeritus

Post by _moksha »

Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace