Why Strong Mormon Women Stay in the Church

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Re: Why Strong Mormon Women Stay in the Church

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

mentalgymnast wrote:Been there, done that. As long as the thread is productive, I'll stay with it and try to add something substantive.

It has been winding down though. And it has often been necessary to push through the weeds and the underbrush. But that comes with the territory.

You? Anything to add to the discussion at this point?

Regards,
MG

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time. Rather than leading us in an unproductive/uncivil direction, you might want to add substantively to the discussion?

Regards,
Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_mentalgymnast
_Emeritus

Post by _mentalgymnast »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
mentalgymnast wrote:Been there, done that. As long as the thread is productive, I'll stay with it and try to add something substantive.

It has been winding down though. And it has often been necessary to push through the weeds and the underbrush. But that comes with the territory.

You? Anything to add to the discussion at this point?

Regards,
MG

Your response does not lend itself to a productive/civil conversation and/or discussion. It does lead us down a road that ultimately leads to a cul-de-sac/dead end where we find ourselves going round and round wasting each other's time. Rather than leading us in an unproductive/uncivil direction, you might want to add substantively to the discussion?

Regards,
Doc

No discussion with you, huh?

OK. Another dead end.

Regards,
MG
_Jersey Girl
_Emeritus

Post by _Jersey Girl »

mentalgymnast wrote:
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Regards,
Doc

No discussion with you, huh?

OK. Another dead end.

Regards,
MG

Translation: Blah, blah, blah, I don't like Cam, blather, blather, blather, he's a poo poo head, equivocate, equivocate, equivocate, he turned the tables on me, babble, babble, babble, how can I wiggle out of this, yada, yada, yada, I'll make it look like he started it.
Failure is not falling down but refusing to get up.
Chinese Proverb
_Doctor CamNC4Me
_Emeritus

Post by _Doctor CamNC4Me »

mentalgymnast wrote:No discussion with you, huh?

OK. Another dead end.

Regards,
MG

Regards,
Doc
In the face of madness, rationality has no power - Xiao Wang, US historiographer, 2287 AD.

Every record...falsified, every book rewritten...every statue...has been renamed or torn down, every date...altered...the process is continuing...minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Ideology is always right.
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

mentalgymnast wrote:It has been winding down though. And it has often been necessary to push through the weeds and the underbrush. But that comes with the territory.
:rolleyes: You must be skimming some other thread.
FenceSitter wrote:At this point I have to ask myself why strong women even keep responding to a weak man? :lol:
:lol: lol indeed. He does seem to be missing a lot.

Jersey Girl wrote:there is divinity in her (this represents near blasphemy to me) and that she stays in the church because the church has confirmed, among other things, that she can and will achieve greatness.

From a religious standpoint, this is again, near blasphemy to me because it elevates the human being and tells me that the goal of the human being is to achieve personal greatness.

What. the. heck.

Excellent point. That does represent one aspect of the lds religion that results in quite a bit of arrogance, as is shown in the us-versus-them attitude.