The Restoration: Quality and Quantity

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_Jesse Pinkman
_Emeritus

Re: The Restoration: Quality and Quantity

Post by _Jesse Pinkman »

sock puppet wrote:
JLHPROF wrote:Pretty sure the term "restoration" had little to do with books of scripture, but with ordinances and authority.
Even if you don't believe he restored any of it.

Hmmmm. It seems both, not just ordinances and authority. https://www.LDS.org/scriptures/gs/restoration-of-the-gospel

I would agree with both. Being that the scriptures are supposed to be accounts and documentation pertaining to the restored gospel. Also, since the scriptures are supposed to contain continuing "further light and knowledge", and instruction, I wonder what we are missing in the sealed portion.

When I was younger, I imagined that by the time I was an adult with my own family, that we would have received the sealed portion.
So you're chasing around a fly and in your world, I'm the idiot?

"Friends don't let friends be Mormon." Sock Puppet, MDB.

Music is my drug of choice.

"And that is precisely why none of us apologize for holding it to the celestial standard it pretends that it possesses." Kerry, MDB

Re: The Restoration: Quality and Quantity

Post by _GameOver »

I like how Joseph Smith "restored" the original text of the Old Testament by inserting himself as the great prophet to come forth in the final dispensation. :rolleyes: