Ask Angela: He dumped me because I used to be inactive.

The catch-all forum for general topics and debates. Minimal moderation. Rated PG to PG-13.
_MsJack
_Emeritus

Re: Ask Angela: He dumped me because I used to be inactive.

Post by _MsJack »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:Out of curiosity, and I'm not attempting to undermine your point, is there a 'history' line with a man where, even though he's born again and on the straight and narrow, that you wouldn't cross?

Not really. I'd have a hard time dating someone with an incurable VD, but that's about it.

I did take issue with people who would put on their profiles that they were "Christian and Very Serious About It" then answered the sex question with "After 3-5 Dates." I can do forgiveness; I can't do hypocrisy.
"It seems to me that these women were the head (κεφάλαιον) of the church which was at Philippi." ~ John Chrysostom, Homilies on Philippians 13

My Blogs: Weighted Glory | Worlds Without End: A Mormon Studies Roundtable | Twitter
_Lemmie
_Emeritus

Post by _Lemmie »

ms. jack has a point, the title says the issue was "used to be inactive" and the story in the OP only refers to "not keeping all the commandments-yet."

The irony is that from the inside a tbm person could be wracked with guilt over the smallest item, like standing too close during a kiss and having forbidden body parts touch, or drinking a sinful mountain dew, or breaking your fast too early by accidently tasting food you were preparing for the post-fast meal.

Or maybe she just revealed her second earring hole, almost closed now but acquired during her inactive sin-spree, and the guy with the middle initial whose great-uncle is a GA has a church retirement plan he has no intention of messing up, even if he has to marry a gender he is not attracted to. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Guest on Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_Gadianton
_Emeritus

Post by _Gadianton »

wasn't there the opposite story in one of the Mormon gossip rags where the girl asked the guy something about his past and he held his head high and declared that if the matter was relevant at all it had been repented of and then when she asked a second time, he took his leave? Is that in the ballpark?
Lou Midgley 08/20/2020: "...meat wad," and "cockroach" are pithy descriptions of human beings used by gemli? They were not fashioned by Professor Peterson.

LM 11/23/2018: one can explain away the soul of human beings...as...a Meat Unit, to use Professor Peterson's clever derogatory description of gemli's ideology.
_Choyo Chagas
_Emeritus

Post by _Choyo Chagas »

MsJack wrote:Did I miss something here? Where in the letter does it say her "bad habits" were sexual?
as usual, you can read - and comprehend

but
vow to the father - by a fifth/seven/eleven years old daughter - doesn't flash the red light?

MsJack wrote:I think that is a huge assumption most of the people in this thread are making.
most of? i am only - at this time

target me, please

------------------------------------------
MsJack wrote:I can't believe I'm saying this, but the dude needs to see Charly and then not act like the TBM jerk of a male lead in that movie.

i am happppyyyy when i get this type of answers

i've read "Flowers for Algernon" many times (the film is missing - yet)
should i say more about?

i will download the movie; movies are distorted books but who cares
Choyo Chagas is Chairman of the Big Four, the ruler of the planet from "The Bull's Hour" ( Russian: Час Быка), a social science fiction novel written by Soviet author and paleontologist Ivan Yefremov in 1968.
Six months after its publication Soviet authorities banned the book and attempted to remove it from libraries and bookshops.